Start by marking “Llama Llama Holiday Drama” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Holiday Drama

Llama Llama Holiday Drama

(Llama Llama)

Llama Llama holidays. Jingle music. Lights ablaze.

How long till that special date?

Llama Llama has to wait.

If there's one thing Llama Llama doesn't like, it's waiting. He and Mama Llama rush around, shopping for presents, baking cookies, decorating the tree . . . but how long is it until Christmas? Will it ever come? Finally, Llama Llama just can't wait any more! It takes a
Published October 19th 2010 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Holiday Drama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Holiday Drama

Start your review of Llama Llama Holiday Drama
Archit
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Sometimes we should take some rest and hold the one we love the best."

Coming across a good children book series is a matter of celebration. Very engaging story and illustrations.
Melki
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet story about the INTERMINABLE wait for Christmas to arrive, told in rhyme, and featuring adorable, fuzzy animals. The moral of the story? Learn to live in the moment, and when you do have that big meltdown, make sure Mama is nearby for a quick cuddle.

Kirsten
Truman
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked when he was getting tired of waiting, and then the book said, "llama llama holidrama!" ...more
Kathy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holiday fun with your favorite Llama!
Maria Shuffit
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fun and festive installment in the Llama Llama series! We got this one as a surprise when our library had a table of gift-wrapped books - you had no idea what you were getting when you checked it out, just a general idea of the age range! I've read a couple of the Llama Llama books to my baby and he seems to enjoy the rhythm and rhyme - he was grinning at me the entire time I read this one to him! ...more
Sherry Scheline
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gifts are nice, but there’s another
The true gift is we have each other.

Wonderful book. I loved the artwork, but it is kind of strange that many of the images were of dreidels and there was a mention of a dreidel as well. It is certainly a Christmas story it mentions one day. It was just strange as per it is not about Hanukkah 🕎 at all.
Manuela
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, leila-books
Leila 10 stars: that llama llama was making cookies
Roberta Decenzo
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cute children’s book with appealing pictures tells the story of a young llama who gets overwhelmed with all the prep work and anticipation that goes into making the holidays. In the end, the book reminds us that it’s really love and the thought that counts!
Mandi
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
It wasn’t a favorite with my kids but it was a good reminder for me as a mom during the busy holiday season 💝
Liz De Coster
Dec 16, 2020 rated it liked it
A little on the long side.
Eva Peterson
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome and unique story about Christmas. It gets kids thinking about too much celebration at Christmas, offering a different perspective.
Deania
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
As you can tell we love the Llama Llama series.
Of course it falls in with the holidays. During the holidays there is the hustle and bustle. Cooking, shopping, caroling, and visiting family. As we shop we have our kids, can't get what we need when they are with us, but the fuss when they are not with us. Parties at school and at work, baking goodies to take and lots of taste testing. In the book there are many things we do just like in real life. The kids have a good time decorating and waiting
J. Boo
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kids found it dull, with only one or two questions. Apt ones, though.

Kids: Why does Llama have a stocking on his bed?
Me: Maybe he doesn't have a fireplace?
Kids: Why?
Me: Perhaps he lives in an apartment.
Kids: But why doesn't he have a fireplace in an apartment?
Me: [...]
Them: [...]? & etc.

If we're going to embark on a let's-avoid-bedtime-via-questions odyssey, I'd rather it not be inspired by an illustrator trying to shoe-horn in a cute picture of Llama sleeping with a symbolically filled stocki
Erika Bowen
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-summaries
1. Book Summary in your own words
Llama llama does not like to wait. It is the one thing he hates the most. But with the jingle music and blazing lights, he has to wait for the special day. But for how much longer?
2. Grade level, interest level, lexile
Grades: PreK-1
3. Appropriate classroom use (subject area)
Christmas, Compassion, Kindness
4. Individual students who might benefit from reading
Students who need to learn patience and compassion.
5. Small group use (literature circles)
In small groups, s
Magila
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5

Having just read Snicket's Latke book, it was clear that this book was wanting. The rhymes and cadence of all books in the Llama series are pleasant. The book itself has little meat.

They always end with the little llama hugging and kissing its mom. That's nice, but the lessons seem to be fairly non-existent/the same. While it's not bad, it's not great.

As I have said previously, there are many people who will disagree with me on this series. It almost certainly is a book that will appeal mor
Asho
This is the second Llama Llama book I've read to my toddler (this one was given to him as a gift), and I think they are cute. The rhyme trips off the tongue and holds my son's attention, and I think everyone can relate to the little llama getting overwhelmed by all of the holiday festivities before Christmas has even arrived.

ETA November 2016: My two-year-old is really into this book this Christmas! I read it to her last night and she seemed pretty delighted with it, and then tonight at bedtime
Heidi-Marie
Other llama books are a little funnier, but this one also has the lesson like the others and this is a great one for children. The holidays are full of SO MUCH, and no one should forget the important things.

12/16/15 Used in literacy moment during preschool storytime. Unfortunately, I had kids who were mostly too young, and a couple of the right age who were way too shy. So only one kid came up who knew their letters. The rest either just stood there and couldn't participate or didn't bother to
Luann
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is another great Llama Llama book! Simple rhyming text that begs to be read aloud is paired with sweet illustrations and VERY fun, festive endpapers. In this one Llama Llama is waiting and waiting and waiting for Christmas Day. He becomes so impatient that there is a bit of holidrama. Mama Llama has to teach him about the true gift of the holiday season. Young children impatient for Christmas will definitely understand and sympathize with Llama Llama. I highly recommend this one for bedtime ...more
Naomi
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I found this book to be ok. Pretty dime a dozen, typical rhyming book. The illustrations were cute, but didn't really push the book over the edge for me as some can do. I agree with another reviewer that it shocks me that it has such high ratings. ...more
Erin Lee
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This book was the Indianapolis Public Library's Call-A-Holiday story this week, and I wasn't familiar with the series, but even hearing it (without being able to see the illustrations), I thought it was adorable. Then, I looked up the illustrations online and they were well-done, too! ...more
Anthony
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Llama Llama is anxious for the arrival of Christmas day, the countdown is much too long for him to wait ,and Mama keeps him busy. Through all the anticipation she gently reminds him what is most important of the day as it approaches.
Chinook
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
I tried to gently guide the girls away from reading this in May, but they wanted to. It was quite good, unique in the holiday books we’ve read in that it deals with being overwhelmed by all the activity and fuss and waiting that surrounds the holiday season.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is a nice story about a young Llama who is having trouble waiting for Christmas to come. Sweet ending. However, I found the rhythmic verse to be a little annoying.
Cosette
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Eh...
Sandi Ramirez
What a wonderful colorful book that talks about waiting on the Holidays and how hard it is on little ones to do so. My grand daughter had me read this to her twice in a row and helped me by picking out words she is learning in kindergarten. Momma and Baby Llama's adventures are so similar to our actual waiting for Christmas to arrive that I laughed and laughed. Wonderful bright colors make this book one that I know we will be reading it many thing every October - Jan 1 for years to come.
We have
Meredith
Overstimulated by holiday preparations, Llama Llama has a meltdown.

Young readers will relate to the experience of feeling overwhelmed by the amount of things going on during the Christmas season.

”Gifts are nice, but there’s another — the true gift is we have each other.”

Mama Llama, always patient, calm, and reassuring, soothes Llama Llama. She imparts the both both to her child and the readers that the most important part of holiday celebrations is being with the people whom one cares about.
Kris Dersch
First, a pet peeve. I have no issue with non-Christmas holiday books, and I think inclusive holiday books are awesome, but if your book is going to focus just on Christmas, please just call it Christmas. Nothing here even closely related to any other holiday. If you're not celebrating them all, "the holidays" is just overly generic and annoying.
This is cute, parents prepping for Christmas will relate, but the problem with this book is the same problem as with a million other rhyming picture book
Brecken Joice
Summary: This is a rhyming picture book by Anna Dewdney. This book tells the story of a llama awaiting the excitement of Christmas. From shopping to baking cookies to decorating the tree to making gifts and wrapping them llama llama wants to know when Christmas is. Until finally, llama can't wait any longer. It takes a cuddle from llama mama to know the true meaning of Christmas.

Analysis: Not only do I love this book, but I love the whole Llama drama series. These books are so fun and very easy
Erin Bliss
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Llama waiting for Christmas. All he wants is for the day to be here, and when it comes, his mama tells him all about how the most important gift is that we have each other.
I absolutely love the Llama, Llama series! They have great messages, and kids love the rhymes. They really understand the book, and the illustrations are perfect!
I am definitely adding these series to my library!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Little Blue Truck's Christmas
  • Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • Dream Snow
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • Cozy
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
  • The World Needs More Purple People
  • Little Owl's Snow
  • Merry Christmas, Mouse!
  • The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition
  • Pete the Cat's 12 Groovy Days of Christmas
  • There's an Elf in Your Book
  • Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear!
  • The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark
  • We Will Rock Our Classmates
  • Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
  • How to Catch Santa
Anna Dewdney was an award-winning children's-book author, illustrator, teacher, mother, and enthusiastic proponent of literacy and reading aloud to children. She was the author of the bestselling Llama Llama Red Pajama series of picturebooks, among many others. She lived with her partner Reed Duncan in Vermont where she worked, gardened, and spent time with her daughters and dogs. ...more

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 48 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama