Start by marking “Llama Llama Holiday Drama” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Holiday Drama

Llama Llama Holiday Drama

(Llama Llama)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  4,678 Ratings  ·  244 Reviews
Llama Llama holidays. Jingle music. Lights ablaze.

How long till that special date?

Llama Llama has to wait.

If there's one thing Llama Llama doesn't like, it's waiting. He and Mama Llama rush around, shopping for presents, baking cookies, decorating the tree . . . but how long is it until Christmas? Will it ever come? Finally, Llama Llama just can't wait any more! It takes a
Published October 19th 2010 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Holiday Drama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Holiday Drama

Archit Ojha
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Sometimes we should take some rest and hold the one we love the best."

Coming across a good children book series is a matter of celebration. Very engaging story and illustrations.
Melki
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet story about the INTERMINABLE wait for Christmas to arrive, told in rhyme, and featuring adorable, fuzzy animals. The moral of the story? Learn to live in the moment, and when you do have that big meltdown, make sure Mama is nearby for a quick cuddle.

Kirsten
Maria Shuffit
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fun and festive installment in the Llama Llama series! We got this one as a surprise when our library had a table of gift-wrapped books - you had no idea what you were getting when you checked it out, just a general idea of the age range! I've read a couple of the Llama Llama books to my baby and he seems to enjoy the rhythm and rhyme - he was grinning at me the entire time I read this one to him!
Lyn
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adorable!
Deania
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
As you can tell we love the Llama Llama series.
Of course it falls in with the holidays. During the holidays there is the hustle and bustle. Cooking, shopping, caroling, and visiting family. As we shop we have our kids, can't get what we need when they are with us, but the fuss when they are not with us. Parties at school and at work, baking goodies to take and lots of taste testing. In the book there are many things we do just like in real life. The kids have a good time decorating and waiting
J. Boo
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kids found it dull, with only one or two questions. Apt ones, though.

Kids: Why does Llama have a stocking on his bed?
Me: Maybe he doesn't have a fireplace?
Kids: Why?
Me: Perhaps he lives in an apartment.
Kids: But why doesn't he have a fireplace in an apartment?
Me: [...]
Them: [...]? & etc.

If we're going to embark on a let's-avoid-bedtime-via-questions odyssey, I'd rather it not be inspired by an illustrator trying to shoe-horn in a cute picture of Llama sleeping with a symbolically filled st
Erika Bowen
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-summaries
1. Book Summary in your own words
Llama llama does not like to wait. It is the one thing he hates the most. But with the jingle music and blazing lights, he has to wait for the special day. But for how much longer?
2. Grade level, interest level, lexile
Grades: PreK-1
3. Appropriate classroom use (subject area)
Christmas, Compassion, Kindness
4. Individual students who might benefit from reading
Students who need to learn patience and compassion.
5. Small group use (literature circles)
In small groups, s
Magila
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5

Having just read Snicket's Latke book, it was clear that this book was wanting. The rhymes and cadence of all books in the Llama series are pleasant. The book itself has little meat.

They always end with the little llama hugging and kissing its mom. That's nice, but the lessons seem to be fairly non-existent/the same. While it's not bad, it's not great.

As I have said previously, there are many people who will disagree with me on this series. It almost certainly is a book that will appeal mor
Asho
This is the second Llama Llama book I've read to my toddler (this one was given to him as a gift), and I think they are cute. The rhyme trips off the tongue and holds my son's attention, and I think everyone can relate to the little llama getting overwhelmed by all of the holiday festivities before Christmas has even arrived.

ETA November 2016: My two-year-old is really into this book this Christmas! I read it to her last night and she seemed pretty delighted with it, and then tonight at bedtime
Heidi-Marie
Other llama books are a little funnier, but this one also has the lesson like the others and this is a great one for children. The holidays are full of SO MUCH, and no one should forget the important things.

12/16/15 Used in literacy moment during preschool storytime. Unfortunately, I had kids who were mostly too young, and a couple of the right age who were way too shy. So only one kid came up who knew their letters. The rest either just stood there and couldn't participate or didn't bother to
Luann
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is another great Llama Llama book! Simple rhyming text that begs to be read aloud is paired with sweet illustrations and VERY fun, festive endpapers. In this one Llama Llama is waiting and waiting and waiting for Christmas Day. He becomes so impatient that there is a bit of holidrama. Mama Llama has to teach him about the true gift of the holiday season. Young children impatient for Christmas will definitely understand and sympathize with Llama Llama. I highly recommend this one for bedtime ...more
Anthony
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Llama Llama is anxious for the arrival of Christmas day, the countdown is much too long for him to wait ,and Mama keeps him busy. Through all the anticipation she gently reminds him what is most important of the day as it approaches.
Naomi
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I found this book to be ok. Pretty dime a dozen, typical rhyming book. The illustrations were cute, but didn't really push the book over the edge for me as some can do. I agree with another reviewer that it shocks me that it has such high ratings.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is a nice story about a young Llama who is having trouble waiting for Christmas to come. Sweet ending. However, I found the rhythmic verse to be a little annoying.
Lara
While the story itself is pretty simple and follows the Llama Llama formula (stress, meltdown, all-better kiss from Mama Llama, lesson learned), I have to say that this is probably my favorite in the series. His "Holidrama" face just channels my feelings through most of Nov-Dec.

For storytime, it's a good one for the holidays. Llama Llama learns about patience and about the important intangibles of the holidays. While other Llama Llama books might have more humor, the kids can definitely relate
Sandi Ramirez
What a wonderful colorful book that talks about waiting on the Holidays and how hard it is on little ones to do so. My grand daughter had me read this to her twice in a row and helped me by picking out words she is learning in kindergarten. Momma and Baby Llama's adventures are so similar to our actual waiting for Christmas to arrive that I laughed and laughed. Wonderful bright colors make this book one that I know we will be reading it many thing every October - Jan 1 for years to come.
We have
Erin Bliss
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Llama waiting for Christmas. All he wants is for the day to be here, and when it comes, his mama tells him all about how the most important gift is that we have each other.
I absolutely love the Llama, Llama series! They have great messages, and kids love the rhymes. They really understand the book, and the illustrations are perfect!
I am definitely adding these series to my library!
Lara Lamb
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter-holidays
Like most young children the holiday season can be unbearable with all the waiting for the big day. All the shopping and preparing can seem to take forever and Llama Llama is tired of waiting for Christmas to get here. This would be a great book to use during the holiday season to talk to students about the importance of patience while waiting for big events.
Moriah
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
I love reading the llama llama books with my little! I can't believe I waited this long to read this one with him!

It is fun and exciting with lost of rhyming. It perfectly captures how overwhelming and hard it can be for a little one to wait for Christmas day. Little Llama learns a good lesson: the most important part of Christmas is not found under the tree.
Baby Eleanor
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great longer holiday book in the llama llama series - I especially like how compassionate it is to baby llama about how tough and overwhelming the holidays can be. There does seem to be a disproportionate emphasis on the importance of "holiday plates" as a category of "holiday things" but every family is different!
Jordan Turner
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Christmas book with a funny spin, llamas! This book is about a Mama llama and her child, experiences Christmas shopping. Rhymes and reputation make this book a little bit of a tongue twister sometimes. Fun read!
Maria Waltner
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute. Non denominational
Cheri Klaver
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Llama llama red pajama lead me to this little gem. My kids, loving all things llama, enjoyed this.
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Llama llama cannot wait for the holidays to start! A very sweet portrayal of how youngsters feel during the holiday season.
Amanda
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Most all of my students enjoyed this and that is including 2nd grade too as a quick read.
Amara
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, children, xmas
Baby Llama isn't the only hating the wait, build up, and amount of things to do before Christmas. Parents probably relate to this more than children.
Arminzerella
Ok. Seemed to go on longer than necessary and the beginning focuses a lot on the materialism of the Christmas season. I can see why Llama llama is stressed out.
A Allen
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I love Mama Llama's message at the end, but I didn't like the beginning. Also, the illustration when Llama Llama gets really overwhelmed may be difficult for some children to understand.
Austin Wright
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Teach your kids to buy worthless products on Christmas!!!
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas?
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • It's Christmas, David!
  • Dewey's Christmas at the Library
  • The Gingerbread Pirates
  • Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas
  • Merry Christmas, Splat
  • Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • There Was An Old Monster!
  • Pumpkin Trouble
  • Hot Rod Hamster
  • The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark
  • My Penguin Osbert
  • The Christmas Magic
  • A Wish for Wings That Work: An Opus Christmas Story
  • You Are My Miracle
  • I've Seen Santa!

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama