Start by marking “On the Edge (Devlin Group, #2)” as Want to Read:
On the Edge (Devlin Group, #2)

On the Edge (Devlin Group #2)

When an explosion rocks the Devlin Group, two agents must risk everything to save them all. "Book 2 of the Devlin Group series."

Tony Casavetti emerges from an undercover assignment only to be summoned to NYC by Charlotte, the Devlin Group s executive administrator. When he arrives, he finds out she may be ruthlessly efficient, but his assumption about her being matronly wa
Published March 27th 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about On the Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Edge

Dolly Sickles
Sep 13, 2016 Dolly Sickles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve enjoyed Shannon Stacey’s Devlin Group series so far, though this second installment is my favorite. I like the setup: Tony Cassavetti is coming off of a tough assignment, headed for a mandatory company-wide meeting. He’s being picked up by Devlin’s executive administrator Charlotte Rhames, who is often on the open comm with him during missions. She throws him for a loop at the airport because she is nothing like he expects a secretary to be. Once the meeting begins, chaos quickly ensues. No ...more
Wanderer ♔ Wanderlust ♔
If you watch Criminal Minds and know the character Garcia, the heroine in this book does what Garcia does. She's the "everything" support for the agents out in the field. She apparently has a little extra connection with one of the guys and when they finally meet face to face, sparks fly.

I thought the couple in this one were good together but I didn't really like the mission they went on. I could not believe how things went down especially the fact that they didn't realize the bad guy would know
Amy R
Apr 01, 2012 Amy R rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book in the series. I really like the bad boy hero and the strong, self confident heroine and this book had it! While the cover looks a little saucy, the book is not. It has good romance, suspense and passion, but I think there was only one major intimate scene and it was very tastefully done. I really enjoyed the back and forth between Tony and Charlotte. Charlotte was a very open, forward woman, and with her background you can see why. But that background also makes her vulnerable ...more
Amy
Apr 25, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tony can look past Charlotte's past except when she willing to give her body to save him. These two are a fun pair and the fact that Tony is half in love with Charlotte before he even sees her just adds to the fun. Charlotte definately has the advantage since she knows every detail of Tony's life and can read him like a book.
Kanoko
Jun 13, 2016 Kanoko rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, fun, and easy read.

Or is it really easy? Charlotte had to go through and do some things that may be hard to swallow for some.

It was ridiculous not to take into account they'd been exposed beforehand because, duh, someone (view spoiler), and did it explosively.
Dawn ♥ romance
Mar 11, 2014 Dawn ♥ romance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Lots of exciting action in this short romantic suspense. It had an interesting plot with a verbal working relationship for years before physically meeting then introducing a moral dilemma. Field agent Tony finally meets his communications adviser Charlotte when their building explodes.
Stacy
Jul 06, 2015 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun easy read

Not quite as deep in character development as I like. Felt like the story was rushed. I love Shannon Stacey's other books but this is the 2nd in this series I'm just so-so about.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
More hot agents, getting mixed up with work and pleasure, and not always being able to deal with it the right way :D
Genevieve
Short but full of action Romance Suspense! oh god How I loved Charlotte's Courage and determination she is the perfect match for Tony :)
Ann
Mar 28, 2011 Ann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense
Pretty good series. I only wish this book were a bit longer and the romance between the 2 main characters was a bit more drawn out.
Cherie Reeves
Enjoying this series.
Mary Booth
Mar 29, 2014 Mary Booth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

was a good story an adventure just would of liked it to be longer an tell more back story of characters.
Mary
Mar 13, 2010 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2010
Not much to recommend on; but it was better than working.
Hilly
3 stars. Because I liked the characters.

Fine little adventure. Wholly improbable & impossible, but just right for a sick-day read!
Nicole Edwards
Really enjoyed this one. Due to it being romantic suspense, would've liked it to be longer.
MountainKat
I really liked this. It was quick paced with lots of action, even if it was a bit out there at times. I am enjoying this series and looking forward to the next one.
iDreem2
iDreem2 rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Carol Zelms
Carol Zelms rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Vivi
Vivi rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2012
Meily
Meily rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Kwbacon
Kwbacon rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Cindy Graham
Cindy Graham rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Natasha Thomas
Natasha Thomas rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Kellie Iuliucci montana
Kellie Iuliucci montana rated it really liked it
May 11, 2013
Sandie Maynard
Sandie Maynard rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Jessica Curtis
Jessica Curtis rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Come as You Are (Dragon One, #3)
  • No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Midnight Quest (Men of Midnight, #4.5)
  • Hold On to Me (Hearts of the South, #3)
  • Night Fall (T-FLAC, #12)
  • Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1)
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • Fade To Midnight (McClouds & Friends, #7)
  • Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3)
  • Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1)
  • I'd Rather be in Paris (Super Agent, #2)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Show No Mercy / Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #1 and #2)
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
  • The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
More about Shannon Stacey...

Devlin Group (4 books)
  • 72 Hours (Devlin Group, #1)
  • No Surrender (Devlin Group, #3)
  • No Place to Hide (Devlin Group, #4)