Start by marking “Renacer (Medianoche, #4)” as Want to Read:
Renacer (Medianoche, #4)

Renacer

(Evernight #4)

3.80  ·  Rating details ·  26,232 ratings  ·  1,218 reviews
Bianca es un fantasma y Lucas, un vampiro: ¿serán capaces de mantener vivo su amor?

Bianca y Lucas creían que juntos podrían vencer al destino, pero cuando la Cruz Negra se interpone de nuevo en su camino, se dan cuenta de que solo hay un lugar en el que refugiarse: la Academia Medianoche, donde empezó todo. Sin embargo, allí se está librando una terrible lucha de clanes de
Published April 1st 2011 by Montena (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Renacer, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  26,232 ratings  ·  1,218 reviews

Wendy
Update 2011:

Moving to the 'read' shelf, because I can't stand this on my 'to-read' shelf any longer. I will never read this. Reading other reviews confirms my initial thought that I have better things to do with my time, including but not limited to poking my eyes out, watching paint dry/grass grow, or cleaning my toilet with a toothbrush.

But, I can't delete a review with 33 likes, can I?

Update:

Giving up...I'll just pick it up when it's published.

I hate when people rate a book before they re
Arlene
I’m an original Evernight fan and have been since the first book came out in ‘08. As with every installment, I eagerly anticipated each book to ease the cliffy pain Claudia Gray is so great at planting. Well, I’d be less than honest if I said that this book was a slight disappointment for me and I’m bummed with how it ended. After close to three years of being vested in this series, it ends in disappointment for me. *sighs*

I guess I wanted more for Lucas and Bianca. I knew these two characters w
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

*4.5 Stars*

Ugh. It's been a week since I finished this and I STILL am upset by the end, a little...not that I wasn't happy....I was. But, then again, it also made me upset. But that's not to say it isn't my pregnancy hormones at work. Who knows? I LOVE Lucas-ADORE HIM-so I'll never forget this series.

I might come back and add to this review, but ATM I'm super sucked into the Morganville Vamps, so I'll likely stick closer and truer to those reviews...we'll see!

For more of my reviews, please visi
Saniya
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, favorites
OMG! WTH! NOOOOOOOOO!
Did this series just ended or am I going crazy?! o_O
I am so not sure how I feel about this just yet...
I guess like:

[image error]

Ok... I am going crazy... This was like the last book of this series! I am so disappointed! Like how can Claudia Gray do this?! I was expecting alot more than just a book (which is the last book in this series) to be full of crap. Like, its Evernight... EVERNIGHT! The book I loved more than anything in my life. A book which I was freaking proud to
Heather (hungrycookiemonster)
Wendy Darling
I really liked the first three Evernight books, so was very much looking forward to this one. Unfortunately, this series ender didn't quite work for me.

The events of the book seem pretty scattered and when action sequences finally happened, they seemed rather rushed and were described in a distant, brief way you might tell a story to someone who wasn't there. The biggest issues, however, were that Bianca just didn't seem as likable or interesting as a wraith, and the relationship between her an
Karyn
Mar 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Carol
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AFTERLIFE (Evernight #4)

• ⭐:4,0/5

💬: Destiny awaits Bianca and Lucas...Bianca and Lucas believe they could endure anything to be together. When fate transforms Bianca into a ghostly wraith and turns Lucas into a vampire—the very creature he spent his life hunting—they are left reeling. There is only one place Lucas can turn for help . . . Evernight Academy. But the vampire hunters of Black Cross are still pursuing them, and a final battle between wraiths and vampires looms at Evernight. Bian
~Tina~
If someone told me that the Evernight series was going to be one of my all-time favorites back when I read the first book, I would have given them a funny look and ask; Did you read the WTF moment in the first book?!?
I'm so glad that I didn't give up on this series back then. I would have missed out on so much more. Gray pulls her readers through such an amazing forbidden love story and a fun filled world and despite those WTF moments, I loved every single minute of this much beloved series.

I do
Steph Sinclair
What a complete disappointment. I had high hopes for Afterlife. Particularly because I really enjoyed the third book in the series, Hourglass. I am an original fan of the first book and I eagerly awaited each book's release. However, for me, Afterlife fell flat.

Afterlife picks up exactly were Hourglass left off: we are waiting for Lucas to arise as a Vampire. And right off the bat, I had a sinking feeling I wasn't going to like this book very much. Why? After Lucas rises, he immediately takes o
N.L. Riviezzo
Very disappointing end to the series. Left a lot of unanswered questions behind. There is also a lot of contradictions that come from the aftermath of the main events.

The book started off painfully slow and the pacing do not improve much as it progressed. It was rather agonizing to read and, at the end, one is left wondering - I just struggle through all of that for what? A big fat raspberry.

My other major complaint with Afterlife is writing structure. Ms. Gray's writing structure and style seem
cLo
Feb 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
O M G!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST BOOK FROM THE EVRNIGHT SERIES SO FAR!!!!!
I AM SOOOOO, UGG! I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT!!!!!!
it is soooo amazing! I was always left dangling for more info! It took me 2 and a half days to finish! I finished it today. I am soooo blown away! SADLY, I CAN;T BELIEVE I HAVE TO WAIT THE WHOLE YEAR TO GET AFTERLIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone give me some spoilers that will happen in Afterlife? Anyone?!?!
Kyleigh
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally. The last installment of the Evernight books. Evernight was my favorite vampire novel for a very long time. The originality and the amazing plot twist had me hooked. As the books progressed however, I felt like my love for them kept shrinking. Stargazer was a huge disappointment for me, but Hourglass really made up for the second one. Hopefully by the end of this review I’ll have a concrete answer as to whether or not I liked Afterlife.

Afterlife picks up directly where Hourglass left o
Deniz Atakan
Bu neydi şimdi son muydu yanii? Hayatımda gördüğüm en manasız kitap sonlarından biriydi heralde... Hiçbir şey hiç bir yere bağlanmadı, kime nolduğu belli değil. Herşey en başa döndü. Bianca yine ölümsüz Lucas ölümlü falan filan... Ne işe yaradı bu kadar savaş bunca uğraş anlamadım. Seri son olarak tam bir felaket. Bu 2 yıldızı da Balthazar, Vic ve Ranulf için veriyorum. Herkese iyi okumalar ;)
Kristine
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed-series

OMG (good) b(^_^)d
OMG (bad) w(O_o)w

I never expected the turn of events here in Afterlife, sure there are a lot of surprises and heartbreaking scenes. I learned a lot about wraiths, Bianca's powers, Lucas's struggle coping up with the vampire world, the story of Mrs.Bethany and her hidden agenda, of Christopher and a lot more but one thing is for sure I DIDN'T LIKE THE ENDING! (except they eliminated the threat). After reading the book, I was like WTH happened? I nearly cried over the ending. For
Kristy
Apr 30, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
After I finished the previous book I was let down. I really didn't know what to think of Bianca being a wraith, I wasn't excited about it... So I put off reading this one for a while. It fell into my lap, so I started it.

Well, I liked it more than I had expected. The ghost thing wasn't what I imagined. It was somewhat fun. I still fill like what was so wonderful about the first 2 is missing. Bianca and Lucas just aren't as much fun to read about. I'm not sucked into the story as much. For me, b
Petra (Safari Poet)
The story continues right where the cliffhanger in Hourglass ended. Things aren't getting any easier for Lucas and Bianca. She's a wraith and Lucas is a vampire—the very thing he would prefer to die than become. Now they both have to come to terms with their own Afterlives. Lucas need to learn how to control his bloodlust and the only place that can help him is Evernight Academy, which is the worst place for a powerful wraith like Bianca.

"Classes start in two weeks," I said. "At Evernight. You'r
M a r i e
I'm so disappointed... Evernight is one of my favorite vampire series and I've been waiting for the fourth and final book for a year now and it was a big disappointment. I mean... WHY DID YOU WRITE THIS CLAUDIA GRAY !!!???? Was the author feeling bored of the series??? Be careful there will be spoilers of the first three books in the series in this review.

I would have liked that the series ends at the death of Biance in the third book. In the second part of Hourglass I didn't really like all th
Kaysi
Aug 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
Kristina
Feb 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erin
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Evernight fans
My thoughts on this book are not very organized, so bear with me if you can.

Based on the assortment of reviews I read in preparation, I was honestly expecting this one to blow. I've never had a particularly forgiving attitude toward these Evernight books, so I wasn't excited to get started reading. But it really wasn't that bad. I thought it was much better than the third one (which I hated).

First, because it's fun to whine, here are the things I didn't like:

1. Bianca and Lucas are both rather b
Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die-

4 action packed with twist of romance stars

I have to say this was a really good ending to a series for Claudia Gray, because this was her first series that she finished and I'm happy the way it turned out, the only thing that bothered me was how at the end of the book (view spoiler)
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Chelsea
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf-pnr, vampires, ya
This review was originally posted at Vampire Book Club.

Before we discuss Afterlife, the final Evernight novel, it’s important to remember where Hourglass (Evernight #3) left us. Claudia Gray did what we would have never imagined and let our lead characters die. Of course, in the paranormal world dead isn’t dead. Former half-vampire Bianca is now a wraith (aka ghost) and her nee vampire hunter boyfriend Lucas has been turned into a vampire, his greatest fear.

I spent the months since finishing Hou
Lucy
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Evernight series has always set itself apart in the world of YA vampire books. From the first book on there have been many surprises in this series that have kept it interesting. Keeping the series at four books feels right for the story. I don’t feel short-changed or that the series has been dragged out for too long. The author certainly does not shy away from controversial plot twists and has kept the suspense going strong. The last book HOURGLASS was a rollercoaster ride for her character ...more
Brob
Oct 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Afterlife continues Bianca and Lucas’ story. Lucas has become a Vampire and Bianca is a wraith. During the story Lucas struggles with the fact that he has become a vampire and Bianca is learning to deal with what being a wraith means. In order to help Lucas get control of his bloodlust they go back to Evernight and claim sanctuary for Lucas. Mrs. Bethany accepts him and gives him sanctuary. Although, Evernight has now set traps for the wraiths, or Mrs. Bethany has set traps to be more specific. ...more
Melissa Miranda
Afterlife marks the riveting conclusion to the love story that began in Evernight. Having become what they feared most, Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality: Lucas is a vampire, and Bianca is a wraith. They've overcome every obstacle life has thrown at them, but is their love strong enough to survive the challenges after life?

I was lucky to receive an ARC copy of Afterlife. I've read it in one night and thought it was okay. Not as good as the third one which I totally loved and is by f
Annette
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2010
Hello everyone! Thanks to NetGalley.com along with Harper Collins I was able to read AFTERLIFE, the last part of Evernight series by Claudia Gray before its realease on March 2011.

It was so heartbreaking for me when I finished reading Hourglass a few months ago. And those were the same feelings I had when I began reading Afterlife. But Claudia Gray is a very smart author, she knew how to caught you so much into the story, and when you think you're going into a dead-end (no pun intended xD) there
Jacqueline Glz
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Book Read Challenge 2015: Un libro con personajes no humanos

¡POR FIIIIIIIN!

Fue un suplicio acabar este libro. La primera mitad estaba completamente harta de la actitud de Bianca. En los otros tres libros era tolerable, pero de verdad aquí ya no la aguantaba.

Me siento un poco decepcionada porque me habían dicho que este último tenía un montón de plottwist, sucedían muchas cosas trágicas y... pues no sé, el final me acabó pareciendo predecible. Muchas cosas me parecen sacadas de la manga (view s
Liz Hopps (Elizabetha)
¿Para qué quieres a Jesús si tienes una Bianca Olivier?

(Originalmente posteado en mi BLOG)

Bianca y Lucas han logrado vencer a la muerte, pero de una manera más bien triste y frustrante. Ella es, debido a su concepción “milagrosa”, un espectro y él un vampiro gracias a Charity. Frente a esta situación, Balthazar les aconseja volver al Internado Medianoche para que Lucas pida asilo y de esta manera protegerlo de la Cruz negra y de convertirse en un asesino sediento de sangre. Paralelamente podr
The Nooks of Books: Afterlife 1 2 Jan 28, 2015 02:32AM
USA Geography Cha...: Afterlife by Claudia Gray 1 2 Dec 29, 2014 07:03AM
What material object(s) mean the most to you? 2 8 Oct 09, 2013 12:27AM
omg, fml. 20 56 Jul 13, 2013 05:30PM
Was it good? Give me spoilers 13 48 Jul 21, 2012 08:50PM
Kids/Teens Book Club: Evernight Academy favorite! 5 16 Dec 29, 2011 10:53PM
  • Night School (Blood Coven Vampire, #5)
  • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Betrayal  (Immortal #2)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Crave, #2)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
Claudia Gray is not my real name. I didn't choose a pseudonym because my real name is unpleasant (it isn't), because I'd always dreamed of calling myself this (I haven't) or even because I'm hiding from the remnants of that international diamond-smuggling cartel I smashed in 2003 (Interpol has taken care of them). In short, I took a pseudonym for no real reason whatsoever. Sometimes this is actual ...more

Evernight (5 books)
  • Evernight (Evernight, #1)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
“Forget normal.” He grinned. “We’re going to be extraordinary.” 91 likes
“We can always hate that which we loved, and with a fire as great as our love once was.” 58 likes