Start by marking “iPad: The Missing Manual” as Want to Read:
iPad: The Missing Manual

iPad: The Missing Manual

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The iPad 2 is faster, lighter, and more versatile than its predecessor, but there's still no printed guide to using its amazing features. That’s where this full-color Missing Manual comes in. Learn how to stream HD video, make video calls, manage your email, surf the Web, listen to music, play games, and maybe even do a little iWork. This is the book that should have been ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by O'Reilly Media (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about iPad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about iPad

Drew
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it
I downloaded iPad: The Missing Manual and read it on my iPad (in iBooks). This gave me the opportunity to switch out of iBooks and quickly test some of the things that are mentioned in the book.

Overall, the book is well written and has a nice layout. It is very self-explanatory and has plenty of illustrations to help the reader see what things should look like on the iPad screen.

While the manual would be very useful to someone who just purchased the iPad and is just getting up to speed on how se
Emma
Jun 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I learned a lot about how to use my new iPad from reading this manual. It was obviously written pre-release of the iPad and based on documentation rather than experience with the iPad. However, as an ebook O'Reilly is periodically releasing updates to reflect actual working conditions. I highly recommended this book to anyone who wants to get more out of their iPad.
Emily
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reference, borrowed
Not a bad reference. There isn't much in here I didn't already know, and had I been editing the book I would have avoided including a large section on particular apps (they outdate so quickly!). If you don't know what you are doing on an iPad, this is a pretty good place to start. Honestly, I'm using this same review for other iPad reference books--the ones I've read are all pretty much the same.
Linda
Sep 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, computers
This is another of those books that serve no purpose other than for those that have absolutely no familiarity with the subject matter. I suppose for them it might be useful but for anyone else it is a waste of time and electrons.
Ally Cabella
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Missing Manuals are always helpful. This one had plenty of little known tips even though it is based on the previous iPad and first generation iPad Mini.
Anthony Faber
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good, but the tone is annoying.
Joe Lawrence
I have not received the ipad i ordered yet
Joe lawrence
Hapzydeco
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you just purchased your first iPad this book will bring you up to speed quickly. Even is you own an iPod or iPhone the section on iTunes will teach you a few new tricks.
Pam
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book gives bare bones info on how to use your iPad. It is very simple and just about anyone should be able to understand how to do simple things on the iPad. There are better books for iPad.
Ken
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful with plenty of good humor, made it easy to read. Too expensive, however
The Subway Reader
Nov 28, 2010 rated it liked it
useful book, it certainly helped but it could be much better as well, ideally it now gets replaced with true world experience about the iPad.
DR MICHAEL-J MC-DADE
Jan 07, 2017
J Lichtenstein
Jan 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A military brat, Biersdorfer has lived in eight U.S. states, including such diverse locales as a nuclear-missile base in North Dakota; Washington, D.C.; and rural Indiana.
A member of the newsroom technology staff at "The New York Times," she was heavily involved with the recent conversion of the Sunday Times Magazine to a desktop publishing system.
Coming from a non-technical background herself, Bi
More about J.D. Biersdorfer...