Start by marking “From This Moment On: A Guide for Those Recently Diagnosed with Cancer” as Want to Read:
From This Moment On: A Guide for Those Recently Diagnosed with Cancer

From This Moment On: A Guide for Those Recently Diagnosed with Cancer

So, it's official. You've been diagnosed with cancer. And from this moment on your life will never
be the same. No matter how much others may wish to help, you alone must initiate the journey. This is the first step.

From This Moment On offers its hand to anyone dealing with cancer.

Following a positive cancer diagnosis,you may feel overwhelmed and uncertain about the
Published July 24th 1999 by Villard

To ask other readers questions about From This Moment On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From This Moment On

Start your review of From This Moment On: A Guide for Those Recently Diagnosed with Cancer
JennieWithTheBooks☮️(◕‿◕✿)
Inspiring and oddly funny. Yes, I wrote funny. Because it was. No real doom and gloom here. More so some practical advice and positive ways of dealing with ALL OF IT, and THERE IS a lot of IT.

Regardless of what life throws at some folks, they just seem to possess that ability that it takes to muster up the strength to deal with whatever IT is. Even the frightening C-word diagnosis! I got the feeling this woman, Arlene Cotter, who wrote the book, is one of those folks.

Sometimes, the simplest of
Angela Gentile
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cotter's book is a joy to read. The layout and design are unique. There are lots of black and white photos and illustrations that make the book come alive. Cotter helps the newly diagnosed cancer patient think about and consider some hard-to-ask topics such as the "live or die" dilemma. Cotter is a survivor herself so she knows what she's talking about. An inspiring and comforting read.
Lisa Zacks
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
My brother sent this to me when I was diagnosed with cancer, a year after he had been diagnosed with the same cancer and it had been passed on to him. It's a short, somewhat uplifting read appropriate for any kind of cancer at any stage. Could be a good gift for someone newly diagnosed with cancer.
Aja
This is a super quick read filled with pictures, quotes, thoughts to ponder, and questions for meditation. I think that is was a great primer to the cancer "journey" (I need to find a better word for this, any suggestions would be much appreciated). It did not give any specifics and could have be read by someone given any prognosis, minor to terminal. But was more a thoughful look at the choices you still have and the aspects that you ARE still able to control, such as attitudes, physchological ...more
Tara Engstrom
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, please buy this book. I was given this book in 2000 upon my own diagnosis & I read at least once a year since. I have gifted it to everyone in my life who as received the cancer diagnosis and have gotten noting but positive feedback.

This book is real. There are no candy-coated maxims on these pages. You are given a guide of what to expect from your family, friends, doctors and even your disease. It will make you cry, it will make you
Doria
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you ever have or know someone, who was diagnosed with a serious illness, not just cancer .
This book is phenomenal. The format is unique and the text both inspirational and informative.
Jan 01, 2020

• An Inconvenient Year
  • Second Wind: Thriving With Cancer
  • Kim Kardashian Secrets, Scandals & Her Million Dollar Empire
  • Hypercapitalism: A Cartoon Critique of the Modern Economy and Its Values
  • Perfectly Hidden Depression: How to Break Free from the Perfectionism that Masks Your Depression