Start by marking “Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 2: Songs of the Sirens” as Want to Read:
Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 2: Songs of the Sirens

Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 2: Songs of the Sirens

(Gotham City Sirens #2)

Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn--they're beautiful, they're deadly, and for the first time in their lives, all three are trying to fly the straight and narrow. Can they trade their lives as supervillains for a life as (relatively) normal roommates?

Easier said than done. Especially when maniacs are killing innocents and making it look like the Sirens are the culprits,
Published November 30th 2010 by DC Comics (first published January 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 2

Cupcakes & Machetes
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi, comics
Hopping on the meh-train to meh-town. I would love to blame it on me being sick and crabby but I don't think I would have been that impressed with this volume even if I was operating at 100%.

The only story line I was into was when Catwoman and Harley were going to bust up a dog fighting gang. Turns out, they weren't really the culprits of the missing dogs. While it was still entertaining, I won't lie that it bothered me greatly that the resolution involved them telling someone their dog was dead
Sesana
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
Gotham City Sirens is kind of a guilty pleasure. The stories are slight, and the art is basically cheesecake. But slight as they are, the stories are still good (with a great handle on the characters), and the art is more pretty and less sleazy. Hugely enjoyable, and another title I'm sorry to see got canceled.
Samantha
May 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic
Gotham City Sirens: Songs of the Sirens features Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn who are now roommates and making an attempt at leading "normal" lives. The collection is as hokey as it sounds.

It opens with a darker story centered on Catwoman confronting a ghost from her past, which gets dropped until the very end of the volume. This theme of the women dealing with repercussions from their pasts while trying to start new lives, would have been great to stick with. Unfortunately, from here,
Amanda Giasson
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Catwoman, Ivy, or Harley
Recommended to Amanda by: Me!
Although this was the first graphic novel I have read in the Gotham City Sirens series (which happens to be Vol. 2), I had no problem following the story, even though I was jumping in without having read Vol 1. I very much enjoyed this graphic novel and was sorry to see it end. I'll definitely be checking out more of the comics in this series.

The illustrations and the writing are exactly the kind I like and I've always been a big Paul Dini fan. Catwoman, Harely Quinn, and Poison Ivy were writte
Chenda
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
actual rating: 3.25

The smaller the book/comic, the longer it takes me to start writing my review :o

My favourite part of Gotham City Sirens is the characters. I love female friendships!!!

I think it's amazing to see how these women (especially Harley) love to take care of animals! Even they became recurring characters. It's wonderful!

I'm not giving this a higher rating because:
-When I look back, I can barely remember anything that happened. I don't even know how it ended anymore...
-There's not eno
John Yelverton
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really didn't think that I would like this book series, but so far, it has been surprisingly good.
Christine
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. I must track down the next volume.
Kassandra
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5*
This book wasn't as good as the first one, simply for the fact that the writter changed so the direction of the story took a turn, but still an overall good book with a decent end :)
Ben Truong
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gotham City Sirens: Songs of the Sirens picks up where the previous volume left off, collecting the next six issues (Gotham City Sirens #8–13) of the 2009 on-going series and Catwoman #83. The trade paperback covers five storylines: "Pieces of the Puzzle", "Taking Sides", "On the Job", "Sister Zero", and an untitled one-shot.

Poison Ivy is framed for a series of murders on serial arsonists in Robinson Park. After investigating the murders herself, Poison Ivy is kidnapped by a renegade police offi
Tomas
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I am dropping this series. There is no proper villain in this.
Paul Eckert
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I always liked stories that were told from the perspective of the "bad guy." While they wouldn't win any Human of the Year awards, their motivations were much more interesting than anything the "good guy" had to offer. They seemed closer to the truth of human experience and spoke to its various weaknesses and vulgar tendencies. Even better, I like when the bad person is a kick-ass woman, as it is a nice alternative to the typical female tropes that are rampant in popular culture.

The premised of
Corinne
I picked this up because a) it was cheap and b) CATWOMAN. (I've been a fan for a couple of years now. Selina FTW.)

The bad: It's better in this trade than the previous, but the very male-gazey art grated on me. I don't think it's particularly bad compared to other superhero comics, mind--it's just that I've been away from comics for a while, and it apparently bothers me more than it used to.

Characterization-wise, I think Selina is a bit too straight-laced. It might be because of how much she's be
Miss Susan
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
cons:

+ if you're not into constant cheesecake the art here can get aggravating. like wow dini be a little more clear about who you're drawing this for, i think some of us don't quite get it yet

+ way less shenanigans than you would think! i don't read much dc, i was just browsing the comics at my library and i thought supervillain roommates sounded like an excellent sitcom premise. alas no. this story is infected with the same insistence on taking itself seriously as most of dc verse is u_u

pros:
Mel
The art had improved lots for the 2nd volume. It was pretty and probably the biggest reason I kept reading. Because it certainly wasn't the stories. So the story tried to be for grown ups in that it started with the villain who'd killed Selina's husband in law, torturing him in front of her sister and making her eat his balls! (Oh I DO wish I was making that up!!!) But it was STILL the very same immature standards of superhero comics, big fights, no characterisation, nothing like reality anywher ...more
Wing Kee
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Better and more character driven.

World: The art is still a thing I'm not a fan of. I find March's facial expressions a bit off. The world building here is also character based which I like. There is no huge info dumps and context is given to the reader at the right time.

Story: Better than arc two due to the shot one and two issue stories. They are email, we'll paced and hits the intent of the story which is mostly character driven.

Characters: The heart of the story are the characters and this
David Rodolfo Areyzaga Santana
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yes, contrary to my own expectations, the second volume of Gotham City Sirens made love The Riddler. This volume also shows Harley Quinn's family, and it explains how those hyenas came into the scene. It was a bit gruesome for a generally sweet collection, but it sets some great threads for the following volumes. Thanks to "The New York Trilogy" I had to take a break with this one, but this seems like it's going to be my favorite storyline involving Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. I don't think it ...more
Boots
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Eh ~ not sure where this is going. Selina and Ivy are the focus in this volume and neither plot is terribly compelling. The demon-possession stuff take it to a new level of ridiculous and Ivy getting a job, etc., was just a lot of flip flip flip. Still, the writing keeps you turning, though there's way too much fan service in the art to possibly even attempt to appeal to a female audience (not their intent, obviously, but that's part of what makes this is mess because it probably should be their ...more
Paige
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay so that was great! I loved how dark everything was in this comic, with the new 52 I forgot how dark, gritty, and wonderful DC comics could be. That story about Catwoman's sister Maggie was not only heart wrenching, but was so well tied in. Also shout out to the appearance of a black lantern! I could've done with less Poison Ivy almost dying because of her plant based needs, but that's really my only complaint for this comic. I loved the humor and I loved the Riddler's appearance as a privat ...more
Liz
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I had no idea this was volume two, but that makes a lot more sense now. Anyway, my love for Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn grows with this volume, although I do feel it's not quite up to par with Arkham Asylum: Madness. But it's great to finally see the ladies of Gotham City get some real screen time for once, so to speak.

Anyway, I'm going to need to hunt down the first volume of this set, I think. Need to support these lovely female villians!
Adam Fisher
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Would give this book about a 3.5.
The playful nature of Volume 1 is gone and a more serious side is trying to be explored here. While the battle with Selina's angel possessed sister was a cool idea, I hope the supposedly "demon-possessed" Catwoman storyline is let go. I really enjoyed the playfulness of Volume 1, but if this title continues with religion heavy stories, vague villains, and trying to make these "Girls of Gotham" seem normal, I'll probably stop reading it.
Recommend, but only if you'
Mark
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've rounded up my rating to a four I would have given it a three and a half as I really liked the Harley and Ivy stories, they were interesting and well written. However the Catwoman stories pretty much blew cat chow chunks which is disappointing since when I was younger she was one of my favourite villains. There were some interesting insights into all the characters though and the artwork was visually pleasing.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
This volume was good, but and this is a BIG but, I don't like animal cruelty. That's a big no-no for me...so the killing of the cat and all the dead dogs (yes the hyenas did that, but I didn't like to see a lot of dog skeletons on a backyard.

I'm really starting to like the Riddler. (I just wish to God I could get Jim Carrey's Riddler erased from my brain)...and it seems that the Riddler and Harley have a past history, interesting...
Travis
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
So, three of Batman's villains decide to fight the good fight, in their own special way and discover being a hero is trickier than it looks.

Poison Ivy decides to get a job and ends up having to kill a co-worker ad Catwoman's sister comes to visit, only to have become a mystical warrior nun, convinced her sister is possessed by a demon.

A fun series that kept a nice mix of redemption story and super hero adventure.
Chelsea Gouin
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The next installment of the Gotham City Sirens continues to deliver the best aspects of these kickass ladies. They pull out all the stops as they confront Aesop, Riddler, and a possessed Maggie Kyle. We see what makes the Sirens so amazing as they put on a spectacular show; including Harley's big hammer. ;) Not much else to say, but this series continues to thrive as all three women prove to be intelligent, witty, and downright scary.
Jenny Reyna
I didn't realize this was volume two when I purchased it. I was hoping for more psychological complexity to the characters, and to some extent you get that for Catwoman and Poison Ivy, but it's not enough to distract from the the way they are drawn. I was also hoping for more Harley Quinn, but this volume is heavy on Poison Ivy and Catwoman. The Catwoman story line is definitely intriguing. Overall, this is a light and fun read.
Rachel
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This collection was MUCH better than the first one. The art (everything from the coloring and inking) is wonderful and well laid out. The stories focus more on Ivy and Cat Woman and are much more interesting. Harley is fun, but there's not much depth to her unfortunately.

It's too bad that they didn't start off the series this way, it might've lasted a bit longer.
Aaron
Dec 10, 2010 rated it liked it
The Dini stories carry a light-hearted air about them, with fully realized characters and interesting-if-not-groundbreaking storylines. The Bedard stories, though, really drag this collection down. They move too fast, barely taking any time to realize their potential, and every character seems to speak in the same voice.
♘♕ Sophie ☺
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
So I accidentally picked up Vol. 2 instead of Vol. 1, oh well.

I love Paul Dini's work on all the female comic characters, namely Harley. I nearly flipped when I found out that this serves as an indirect sequel to HUSH, AND three of our favourite Gotham ladies. Needless to say, it's freaking amazing like everything else Paul Dini does. Will definitely pick up all other volumes.
Angela
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
Fun stories again. Nothing too heavy, they concentrate on the trio trying to go straight and prove their innocence when people keep framing them.

Ivy's character is spotlighted in this volume, with a few stories centred around her. These show a new insight into her character.

• Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 3: Strange Fruit
  • Huntress: Year One
  • The Losers Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Power Girl, Vol. 2: Aliens and Apes
  • Birds of Prey, Volume 3: A Clash of Daggers
Paul Dini is an American television producer of animated cartoons. He is best known as a producer and writer for several Warner Bros./DC Comics series, including Star Wars: Ewoks, Tiny Toon Adventures, Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman/Superman Adventures, Batman Beyond and Duck Dodgers. He also developed and scripted Krypto the Superdog and contributed scr ...more

Gotham City Sirens (4 books)
  • Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 1: Union
  • Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 3: Strange Fruit
  • Gotham City Sirens, Vol. 4: Division
“Riddler: You want to tell me who you killed and why?
Catwoman: We didn’t kill anyone
Poisson Ivy: Well, not yesterday”
8 likes