Start by marking “People Types and Tiger Stripes: Using Psychological Type to Help Students Discover Their Unique Potential” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
People's behavior often seems randomly varied but according to Carl G. Jung, behavior actually follows patterns. Jung called these patterns, psychological types, and he wrote extensively about these types. Isabel Briggs Myers brought Jung s concepts into the mainstream through development of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator instrument which helps a person figure out his or ...more
Published March 18th 2015 by Center for Applications of Psychological Type (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about People Types and Tiger Stripes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People Types and Tiger Stripes

Jane
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gordon Lawrence was a professor at University of Gainesville when Isabel Myers was formalizing the MBTI. He immediately saw the usefulness of the type framework in education--and this book records the wisdom he gained through decades of research and application. And, it's full of practical tools and information. If you've never seen type as useful, read this and then wish your teachers had read it!
Greg
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A couple of years ago I decided to add to my professional toolbox and become certified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. People Types and Tiger Stripes was strongly recommended as preliminary reading before attending the certification course, and it was a worthy read. While people often seem to behave in random and varied ways, of course we all know that there are underlying causes and patterns to the behavior.

The MBTI is a well-regarded, extensively research, instrument for uncove
Nicole
Jul 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great personality indicator book. I use it with my students, in teacher trainings, and to analyze my own relationships. I originally inherited this from my step-father who used it in cooperate development training. Myers-Briggs compatiable.
Jessica
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I actually found this book more helpful than Isabel Briggs-Myers' Gifts Differing. It lays out the basics of type in an organized, interesting way, as well as applying them to education. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in type, not just educators!
Jen Lilienstein
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all-time favorites.
Nancy Graham
Dec 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nancy Graham by: Paige McRight
An excellent, practical manual for those who teach and lead -- using Myers-Briggs tools to decode learning and work styles.
Carrie