Start by marking “Harry Potter: Film Wizardry” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter: Film Wizardry

Harry Potter: Film Wizardry

Harry Potter: Film Wizardry gives readers a front row seat to the magical journey that brought J.K. Rowling's wizarding world to the big screen. Step off Platform Nine and Three Quarters and into the hidden world behind the scenes of the Harry Potter film series. Brian Sibley is the author of other bestselling behind-the-screen books, like The Lord of the Rings: The Making ...more
Published October 19th 2010 by Harper Design (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter, please sign up.
Nana I've heard that the red one is the US version and the blue one the UK version. But I'm not sure. the props are the same and the discription as well as…moreI've heard that the red one is the US version and the blue one the UK version. But I'm not sure. the props are the same and the discription as well as you buy the book. (less)

Start your review of Harry Potter: Film Wizardry
Mohammed Arabey
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of My Harry Potter Treasure Books
*********************************

description
It's an elegant, wonderful, crazy arranged movie book.

First of all it got "Page by Page" The Movies and how it done, The Actors , Their coming of age ... How they made the amazing magical stuff that the movie is filled with it whether clearly viable or even insignificantly but related to the world of the movie and the full picture.
descriptiondescription
And for me as a Harry Potter big fan , and a collector ,My biggest surprise was the AMAZING gifts
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Growing up in the world of Harry Potter meant my upbringing was a little unconventional and hard work at times, but I wouldn't change any of it for a second. I will always be proud to have been part of these film and I want to thank everyone - all the directors, all the crew, and all my co-stars - for teaching me so much and for giving me so many memories to treasure. And of course, thank you to Jo Rowling for giving me this opportunity in the first place.
-Emma Watson

A must have for die-hard pot
Parka
Dec 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

There still isn't any Harry Potter art books, but this movie companion is probably the best thing any fan could wish for.

Harry Potter Wizardry is 160-page hardcover and designed like a scrapbook with little goodies — booklets, stickers, maps, even Harry's letter of acceptance to Hogwarts, etc - attached to the pages. The cover is also nicely embossed. It's printed by publisher Collins Design.

The book covers all the seven films, including a sneak at at Deathly
leynes
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything about this book is perfect. The probs are motherfucking magical! Would you like to learn more about Hogwarts Castle? Do you want to know why the ice sculptures at the Christmas Ball never melt, where galleons, Sickel and Knuts are minted and how to get a hippogriff to work with actors? Then welcome to “Harry Potter: Film Wizardry”. Immerse yourself in the adventurous world behind the scenes of Harry Potter movies. Learn everything first hand. Actors and directors reveal their secrets, ...more
Rose  Heartfilia
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-in-2017
Not very much new information but it's very interesting and always nice to reread and refresh the mind about the Harry Potter movies. Besides I love the extras such as the letter, the Quidditch flyer, the Yule Ball invitation and so on.
Kathryn
Dec 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathryn by: Angie and Lisa
Just splendid! Thank you so much, Annie, for the great gift :-)

Highly recommended to fans of the HP series. You will find so many amazing behind-the-scenes stories and interesting tidbits; I love the blend of insights about/from the actors, as well as the directors, screenwriters, set designers, props, costumes, etc. It's just fantastic! So much more detailed (and fun!) than I could have imagined.
Aparajitabasu
Normally I don’t elaborate on products or production based book, but this one is good enough to do just that.

With the end of the Harry Potter film franchise nearing, it seemed the right time to go back and savour the highlights of the ten-year long series. Harry Potter: Film Wizardry does just that: a scrapbook that encompassed the decade-long saga, where everyone from the producers, directors, and production designer explain in details how they conceptualised some of the plot points and setting
La La
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
Very nice, with tons of photos, drawings, and paper replica inserts. I bought another copy used, so I could take the replicas out and use them for Bookstagram photo props!
PurplyCookie
If you are a Harry Potter fanatic this is a must-have addition to your library. It covers the Harry Potter world in a virtual 3-D approach. The book is full of surprises and beautiful artwork. Mere words cannot convey the enjoyment the reader will receive from this book.

This beautiful book offers a way to hold the wizarding world of Harry Potter in your hands. And as an extra special bonus there are sections about the final two films, including a preview of my favorite new discovery: Fleur's dou
Reading Teen
This was one of my Christmas gifts, and I spent most of Christmas day reading this book. It is full of many cool things. There are little envolopes that have a bunch of stuff from the movies. Harry's acceptance letter to
Hogwarts, the Maurader's Map, Dolores Umbridge's educational decrees. You can't understand my delight as I turned each page to find... stuff. Really cool stuff.

All of the main characters have their own page, giving you information about the actor
Ada
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wondered how muggles make wizardry in the Harry Potter films?
Well, this book has an great insight on the special effects of the Harry Potter movies, explanations on how each movie was filmed and how the ideas came to the muggles who created the film series. It was was very informative and had lots of pictures of ‘before-and-after’ with captions. There were some pages that were just about one actor/actress and how they felt playing the role and some pages had bits that were about a
Eline
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Lovely book with a lot of behind the scenes info and titbits sprinkled throughout. It's almost as interesting as visiting the HP Studios, although the part about the last film was very short.
Amy Finnegan
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What is it that’s so fascinating about this book, which looks at first glance to be little more than a gimmicky souvenir book?

I’ll start with the forward, quoting from series producer, David Heyman. He says, “It all began one winter morning in 1997. My assistant Nisha came into my office to recommend an unpublished manuscript by a first-time novelist that she had enjoyed. “What is it called?” I asked. “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone,” she replied. “Mmmm,” I mumbled skeptically . . . .
Lisa Vegan
Nov 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all fans of the Harry Potter films who like behind the scenes information
This is a beautifully made, informative, and fun movie companion book! Well, maybe this is nothing more than a glorified movie magazine in book form, but it gave me plenty of entertainment value. I adore the Harry Potter books and I really like the movies, and this is a fun book for fans of the movies. The book covers all 8 movies, so I got to see a (very) few scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 before the movie comes out. The graphic artists who designed the films and their ...more
Hannah
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Harry Potter Geek Fans Everywhere!
Recommended to Hannah by: Kathryn
Shelves: 2011-reads, favorites
A totally entertaining book for fans of the HP movie franchise. Filled with insider tid-bits and behind-the scenes factoids from all 7 of the movies. Members from the cast and crew contribute to the sometimes funny, sometimes informative and always fascinating phenom that are the Harry Potter movies. Attention to creative and artistic detail is evident throughout the book. It's easy to get lost in just looking at all the tiny, (almost unseen), but beautifully rendered artistic elements throughto ...more
Mackenzie
Oct 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
An absolute must-have for all Potter fans, this Brian Sibley book is all about the magic of Harry Potter films. Think of it as a Harry Potter making-of extras in all of the HP movie DVDs, except they are in words (instead of in moving pictures) and more in-depth than anything I've ever seen in the DVD extras. I can't comment on it chapter by chapter; there are simply too many goodness inside this book. But suffice to say the book will appeal to those fans who are looking for collectible items AN ...more
Becky
This is easily one of my favorite Potter based books. It's wonderful to get a glimpse behind the actual making of the movies; and it's brilliant how much is actually shared - including replicas of popular props used in the movies. That's an amazing feature of the book.
I like how the layout of the book actually is. Essentially, it's a scrapbook of everything that the movies have featured over the decade. It's a wonderful thing; and it's one of those books that will live on and we will look back
Beth
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It's every potterhead's dream to find something as cool as this, yes it may be expensive but I don't at all regret my decision of buying this. There are pretty little things stuck inside and very interesting facts to learn about the films/books there's a Hogwarts acceptance letter in there, a Yule ball invitation, and the Marauders map! I'm such a nerd so it's great for me to have little Harry Potter things that rarely anyone else has :3
Cherry Wallis
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my very favourite books which talks about the magic and film wizardry that went into the making of harry potter, and talks about the characters in depth...

..and don't get me started on how many pull-outs and fun things are crammed inside. Perfect for any lover of the wizarding world.
Tiastika Mauliza
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book about a month ago and it's so stunning i could cry. The removable props are basically what harry potter fans need. It's worth the price, im so in love.
Helen
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I've ever been so tempted to just keep a library book forever.
Anniek
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3-non-fiction
Couldn't give this any less than 5 stars. It's interesting but not too long, with awesome images, funny anecdotes and amazing removable extras. Can only recommend it!
Amanda (Artist Cat)
Legilimens! Reveal your secrets, Harry Potter films!!

It's all in here, fun facts and stories from the cast of magical Muggles who brought the Wizarding World to life on screen!!
Jonna Kristina
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-favourites
a more compromised version of Harry Potter Page to Screen but with some new information. the book being designed my MinaLima and the extra paper props like the marauders map and the yule ball program included made it a simply delightful read!
Christine Spoors
This book gives such a wonderful insight into how the Harry Potter films were made. It was great to read comments from the producers, directors and actors about their experiences filming the series. It really made me appreciate how much work went into the films, especially with props and the sets. All of the concept art we get to see in the book is absolutely gorgeous, if it was available to buy I definitely would!
The best thing about this book is all the the removable props you get, I am so ha
OwlBeReading
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harry-potter
I kind of glossed over this one and mainly looked at the pictures because I already know all of the information. This was just a way for me to ease out of the Potter universe. Overall the formatting is great, writing spectacular, and incredibly informative. I'm going to use this as a model for my yearbook spreads! Anyway happy reading.
Julia
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
This book was pretty cool, with all the details to the building of the sets and the characters. Also I enjoyed the notes from the producers and actors in it.
It is a really great book with a lot of information in it, I recommend it to every Harry Potter fan.
Teresa Barrera
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book and reading how the films came to life. I love behind the scenes stuff as it shows the incredible amount of work that goes into a film or films.
I loved the actors' POV's of their characters and their take on bringing their characters to life.
I also enjoyed the little additives such as the map, stickers, candy box replicas and much more placed throughout the book.
This is definitely a must have for all who love the books and films.
vilmabrownie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this. So many stories from behind the scenes I hadn't even heard before (even though I've been a fan of the books and movies for years and years and years) and reading this book and it bringing back all the memories was surprisingly emotional. Definitely a must-read for every Potterhead.
Brittany
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Harry Potter fans!
How I Came To Read This Book: I think I spotted it at Costco and browsed through it at Chapters and was completely sold on it, at least enough to put it on my Xmas list, where I received it from my mom and dad.

The Plot: It's essentially a scrapbook of the seven released Harry Potter films (plus a brief preview of the 8th). Jam-packed with notes from the actors, producers, directors, and crew members, it tells the story of how things came to be in the Potter world. It also features loads of exclu

• Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey
  • Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
  • The End of Harry Potter?
  • Mugglenet.Com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End?
  • Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Twilight Director's Notebook: The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1)
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive: Memories, Mementos, and Other Treasures from the Creative Team Behind the Beloved Motion Pictures
  • The Hunger Games Tribute Guide
  • New Moon: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #2)
  • Twilight and History
  • Harry Potter Boxed Set, Books 1-5 (Harry Potter, #1-5)
  • Eclipse: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #3)
  • Harry Potter and Philosophy: If Aristotle Ran Hogwarts
Brian Sibley is an English author who has written over 100 hours of radio drama and has written and presented hundreds of radio documentaries, features and weekly programmes.

In 1981, he co-wrote BBC Radio 4's adaptation of Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings with Michael Bakewell, and has also adapted C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia and Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast for Radio 4, for which he r

News & Interviews