Start by marking “Possess Me (Bone Daddy #1)” as Want to Read:
Possess Me (Bone Daddy #1)

Possess Me

(Bone Daddy #1)

Three exciting new paranormal erotic novellas set in New Orleans, with a voodoo twist that's "pure magic". (Eden Bradley)

In the Big Easy, there's a legend women long for: a sexual voodoo spirit who can fulfill their darkest fantasies. And in these three steaming-hot novellas, he helps three New Orleans couples achieve the ultimate satisfaction...

In Release Me, Allegra
Published August 3rd 2010 by Berkley (first published July 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Possess Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Possess Me

Start your review of Possess Me (Bone Daddy #1)
Bookaholics
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Possess Me by R. G. Alexander
Paranormal Romance- Aug. 3, 2010
4 stars

Possess Me is a romance that lovers of erotic and the paranormal will definitely enjoy! It is a 3 story anthology that starts out in New Orleans. Where a legend about a sexual voodoo spirit who grants womens darkest fantasies and wishes comes to life!

Rosseau, a quiet handsome cafe owner, is not exactly himself. Possessed by the sexual voodoo spirit, he tried to stay from Allegra, a woman whom he has a crush on. But, the spirit
Hbeebti
Nov 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. At first I was kinda wondering how cheesy this would be with a character named "Bone Daddy", I mean come on , right? But yeah it wasn't cheesy at all. In fact came to enjoy Bone Daddy a lot.

There are three short stories, but it felt like one book. One story ran into the next because it was about the friends. They were in each other stories and so you found out what was happening to them even when their HEA was over. I was thrilled that Bone Daddy's story was last. I
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Possess Me is a book written in three parts. While the stories follow the same story arc, each short story follows a different couple and their happily-ever-afters. I absolutely loved this idea! I thought it was unique and the fact that Alexander sets it in New Orleans makes me love it that much more! Each story is so culturally rich that I wished I could head on over to experience the magic for myself!

Release Me
The first story is Rousseau and Allegras story. What is
Miranda Baker
Kept hearing about Bone Daddy on the Smutketeers Yahoo group until I had to buy the book. It's set in New Orleans and my husband and I cooked down there for a couple of years - another draw. I was thoroughly entertained by these stories, and I'm still enjoying thinking about the characters. Best line: "Bone Daddy unchained." GROWR! You want to read it now too, don't you?
Anilú
Jan 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. The best thing about it, was that for once, facts about vaudun were correct! Very refreshing.
Dana
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Possess Me, the debut novel by RG Alexander for Berkley Heat, is every bit as sensual and captivating as its sexy cover art. Set in magical New Orleans, an erotic voodoo spirit known as Bone Daddy is consumed with making every sexual fantasy a reality.

Let me begin by saying I am an accomplished romance reader if I do say so myself. Vampires, demons, fairies, time-traveling Scottish lordsIve read about them all but I am sure Ive never come across a sexy voodoo spirit before. This ability to
Leigh
I started this book last night and said to my hubby, "not sure about this one...I mean Bone Daddy...really", man was I WRONG! This collection of three stories bringing together three couples was wonderful.

Release Me - The story of Allegra and Rosseau. I loved the story of Rosseau's possession by the Loa and how Allegra works hard to win Rosseau back from his possession and still finds a space in her heart for Bone Daddy.

Reclaim Me - Michelle, who can see and speak to spirits and Ben who has the
Jeananna
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every once in awhile I will find a new-to-me author and I will read their work and think to myself "OMG! Where have I been that I am only just now discovering them!". RG Alexander is one of those authors for me!! But I know why I wouldn't have looked before because when something says paranormal as the genre I don't usually gravitate that way... MAN have I been missing out!! I discovered her work in the 8 bk combo Midnight Ink and loved her story there! and I HAD to find out more about Bone ...more
Fedora
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

I'm embarrassed to admit that this sat on my shelf unopened for um... months. That was clearly a huge mistake.

I finally cracked this open and loved RG's anthology--it's three connected stories set in New Orleans, about a few key adventures of a Loa--a voodoo spirit--known as Bone Daddy. He is a special spirit, a sexual healing spirit, if you will.

RG does a remarkable job with these stories--the characters are vivid and captivating, and the plots engrossing. And their emotional and physical
T.J. Michaels
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was freaking fantastic. Though it is an anthology, the stories were so seamlessly woven together, it really could have been one book. I don't think I've read this type of mythology before and I love the originality. I also loved that there is a lot of multiculturalism in this book but the author doesn't get hung up on race at all, which is particularly lovely. Instead, she lets you get lost in the characters, what they feel and what they think about their lives and one another. Very ...more
Jackie Uhrmacher
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Possess Me by R. G. Alexander is a compilation of three steamy stories surrounding Bone Daddy, a sexual voodoo spirit with a flair for matchmaking. It was one of the most engaging, surreal, explicit novels Ive ever read. New Orleans is an actual entity in each tale, coming alive with each sentence and making me yearn for a piece of the Crescent City.

Full review available here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=28651#mor...
Noor
Apr 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
i loved this book. i loved how each story in the book is connected to each other... however the reason it does not get 5 stars is because i feel the plot of the stories moves to fast... i would have loved to have little more development in part of the story outside the romance, still over all great supernatural romance read
Erika
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Three erotic novellas in one book. Starts out in New Orleans. Where a legend about a sexual voodoo spirit who grants women their darkest fantasies and wishes comes to life! These three linked stories are sexy and sultry, and have a taste of New Orleans. This book and its characters are utterly charming-especially Bone Daddy.
Debra L.
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
R. G. Alexander's Novels Are The Best!!!

I gave this novel a five star rating because I couldn't give it a ten star! ;-)
This book was beautifully written with well developed characters and an exciting plot. Her ot
Patsy
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Beautiful!!! Isn't it amazing how love can conquer anything, even evil spirits. Wonderful novellas about just that, conquering evil so that love could win. Sexy, funny, witty...a must read series if there ever was one.
Tracey
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I adore New Orleans. You will be mad at Bone Daddy one minute and laugh at him the next. 3 stories in one. Hot sexy and great read.
Casey (KcLu)
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ohhh my Bone Daddy!!! I freaking love this book sooooo much!!!! I want to head to New Orleans, and do a search for Bone Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Portia
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I forgot to put this on one of my shelves. This is actually a series of related novella. Each on as well written and spicey as the last. I loved it.
Kerry
Dec 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
A unique and interesting take on racy paranormal romance.
Kristina
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really good, fun read. Suspense, love, sex, laughter.... you get it all in this book.
Jessica
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won
Overall 4 stars but I'd give the last story 5.
Roni Loren
Enjoyed this one. I like how all three stories connected together. And it made me miss home. Though, unfortunately, I've never run into any Bone Daddys there. ;)
Maria Almeida
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
meow is all I can say
Chrissy
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mmmm!

These books make you want to head to New Orleans dabble in voodoo and find a loa for yourself! But what I love about R.G.'s stories the most is (besides all steamy parts :) it's a true romance and there's a connection you feel with the characters.
Lexie
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-once-owned
As this is a collection of three interconnected short stories, all centered around the Loa Bone Daddy, I'll review each story separately first.

"Release Me"

This is our first taste of Bone Daddy, the Loa (a voodoo spirit) and all the games he so likes to play. For all his sexuality and highly suggestive banter, he isn't such a bad sort. Wanton, mischievous and determined, but that's just the nature of the Loa (or at least this Loa of Sex). This is by far the hottest of the three stories; Bone
Katherine
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I won a copy of this from R.G. herself.

Things I liked:
I enjoyed this story. The voodoo elements were well-integrated and I learned a lot about the culture/religion around voodoo.

I love reading stories set in New Orleans. I want so much to go there and haven't been, and this story felt like it was really set there.

I liked the three stories, how they were connected and how the character Bone Daddy got his HEA. *happy sigh*

Things I didn't like:
There are three connected stories in this book. The
Gee

Three inter-connected novellas which tell separate stories, yet continue to thread the story of a sexual spirit named Bone Daddy throughout all three. This was a pretty good book and a necessary one if you plan to go on to read the sequels. The writing was solid and characters were fully fleshed out, which is not always the case in novellas.
Charlie
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book, it was a choice of a book club and not one I would usually get. I found myself engrossed in the 3 stories, the book is written as one with 3 short ones that intertwine enough to call it one book. You have to love BD. :)
Elizabeth
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I truly fell in love with all the characters in this book. Each one had there own role to play and were all connected. Within all the hot steaming erotic toe curling sex ;) I fell in love with Bone Daddy. I wish I could have more of him, but I'm just greedy that way.
Brigitte
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting take on a paranormal erotic romance. Set in New Orleans, it relies heavily on voodoo mysticism. The story is original and flows well. The conclusion ends well and makes sense. It also leaves you hungry for more stories on the other characters.

• Carnal Deceptions
  • Walker (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #3)
  • Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • Horror at the Haunted House
  • Your Baby Is Speaking to You: A Visual Guide to the Amazing Behaviors of Your Newborn and Growing Baby
  • Mission: Black List #1: The Inside Story of the Search for Saddam Hussein---As Told by the Soldier Who Masterminded His Capture
  • The Art of Turbo
  • The Art of the Strain
  • The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4)
  • Rafe (Heroes at Heart #2)
  • Zander (Heroes at Heart, #1)
  • Vince's Vixen (Heroes for Hire #20)
  • Bounty Hunters and Black Magic (Witch of the Wild West, #1)
  • Cruel Magic (Royals of Villain Academy, #1)
  • Vile Sorcery (Royals of Villain Academy, #2)
  • Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1)
  • Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2)
R.G. Alexander is a New York Times USA Today Bestselling author who has written over 45 erotic paranormal, contemporary, sci-fi/fantasy books for multiple epublishers and Berkley Heat.

She has lived all over the United States, studied archaeology and mythology, been a nurse, a vocalist, and now a writer who feels lucky everyday that she gets to share her stories with her readers. She loves talking

Bone Daddy (2 books)
  • Tempt Me (Bone Daddy, #2)

News & Interviews

“Bone Daddy.
That's what they called him. A walking talking well-hung pleasure factory who, with a few easy orgasms, could bring you whatever your heart desired. Your boyfriend would propose, your boss would give you a raise. Rumor had it he could heal your scars, inside and out. If you satisfied his lust.”
12 likes