Start by marking “Abby's Twin (The Baby-Sitters Club, #104)” as Want to Read:
Abby's Twin (The Baby-Sitters Club, #104)

Abby's Twin

(The Baby-Sitters Club #104)

Abby and Anna weren't dressed alike as babies. They've worn their hair differently for years. And while they do have some common interests, they have plenty of separate ones, too. Still, the twins have always shared a closeness no one and nothing could interfere with.

Now Anna--and Anna alone--faces bad news that will affect her health and her future. Abby's determined to b
Published January 1997 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Abby's Twin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abby's Twin

M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
It's been a LONG time since I read a BSC book, but I remember this one. Abby tries to help and cheer up her sister who has just been diagnosed with scoliosis but even though they're twins, the giels have different ways of coping with the problem and have a hard time understanding one another, and the story underscores how communication is absolutely key.
Carley Adair
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant BSC book

I felt sorry for Anna in this book.Abby over reacted a lot in this book but she was just concerned .For twins Abby and Anna are so different .Abby is my favourite twin out of the two.
Samantha
Abby can be dull on her own. Add in super boring Anna and this put me to sleep at work today. Well, that and the cold meds I'm on.
Ciara
May 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
man. they are really struggling plotlines. in this one, anna is diagnosed with scoliosis & has to be fitted for a brace. abby panics because she thinks that she & anna won't be twins anymore if anna is wearing a scoliosis brace. they have a big fight & then make up. the B-plot is all about some dumb winter carnival kristy organizes with the other babysitters. everyone is worried that it won't snow in time for the carnival...but it does & everyone has fun.

as someone who actually h
Logan Hughes
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: babysitters-club
After a routine school screening, Abby and Anna are told to see a doctor for scoliosis testing. It turns out that Abby’s spine curvature is within normal range, but Anna needs to start wearing a corrective brace. Abby can’t stand it, and goes overboard trying to comfort her sister, exclusively in ways that she herself would like but Anna does not: challenging her to video games, buying her sportswear, signing her up for a BSC event. Predictably, Abby and Anna fight, and more predictably, they ma ...more
Jan 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Despite what people seem to think this is not a complete ripoff of Deenie by Judy Blume. In fact it goes rather well as a companion piece. While Deenie was about Deenie's struggles with scoliosis, Abby's Twin is about Abby's struggles with her sister's scoliosis.

And yes, there is that annoying b-plot with the winter carnival because nothing says "b-plot" like throwing a shindig in Mary Anne's barn. (In real life there'd be a official there in five seconds flat "do you have a permit for this? Ins
April
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Kelly Thevenot
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Abby's Twin is a heart wrenching story of close siblings who faces the bad news that might change their life. Anna is faced with the news that she has scoliosis and her bones are not as developed as her twin sisters, which is not uncommon in twins. I would have my students read this book to discuss how sometimes life does not go as planned and at times we are faced with scary situations, but with family and friendship we can get through tough times. I believe that beginning readers would really ...more
Nancy
Oct 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
In which Anna has scoliosis, which terrified me in school because I read Deenie and as a result prayed during those school tests that I didn't have it and wouldn't have to wear a Milwaukee brace. Oh, and Abby goes overboard, as usual. STFU, Abby.
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bsc, childrens
Judy Blume does scoliosis better. Also, ABBY IS NOT A REAL BABY-SITTER.
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Kimberly Adams
Sep 03, 2012
Kandy Nichols
Apr 05, 2016

• Anne Frank's Story
  • The Beast is Watching You (Sweet Valley Twins, #98)
  • Ghost Class (Ghostville Elementary #1)
  • Two's a Crowd (Two of a Kind, #7)
  • The Littles and the Lost Children
  • Mandie and the Schoolhouse's Secret (Mandie Books, 26)
  • Aliens Don't Carve Jack-O'-Lanterns (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Holiday Special, #2)
  • Chocolate Horse (Saddle Club, #32)
  • Day of the Iguana (Hank Zipzer, #3)
  • A Reward for Josefina
  • Stay Away From the Treehouse (Ghosts of Fear Street, #5)
  • Ai Yori Aoshi Vol. 3 (Ai Yori Aoshi, #3)
  • The Wicked Cat (Spooksville, #10)
  • The Outlaw's Silver (Hardy Boys, #67)
  • Shoebag

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 131 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)
“There’s more good news,” Kristy said. “I hate to say this, but I’m afraid we’re going to have to cancel the winter carnival.” -1 likes