Start by marking “Truly, Madly, Deadly: The Unofficial True Blood Companion” as Want to Read:
Truly, Madly, Deadly: The Unofficial True Blood Companion

Truly, Madly, Deadly: The Unofficial True Blood Companion

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
"Created by Alan Ball"--P. [4] of cover.
Published June 1st 2010 by ECW Press

To ask other readers questions about Truly, Madly, Deadly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truly, Madly, Deadly

Becca Wilcott
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a bit biased, but I liked it just fine.
Tammy Walton Grant
Well, I didn't really READ it, I looked at it. There's a beautiful picture of Stephen Moyer in the middle that I'm tempted to tear out and tape onto my wall right beside my bed. Oh wait. I'm not 15 - and my husband might have a problem with it, lol.

I bought this book because I love, love, LOVE the show -- and it promised episode synopses for the first two seasons. They're not that great, and the book reads a bit like a Tiger Beat production, but what the heck. Fan-grrrls can be in their 40s, ri
Scott Johnson
Jul 31, 2010 rated it liked it
With the cultural phenomenon that is True Blood, it was inevitable that episode guides, companions, and compendiums would shortly follow. People tune in every week to witness the further adventures of Sookie Stackhouse and vampires, demons and werewolves (oh my!), and people seem to fall on either side of the fence with no in-betweeners: People either love it or hate it. Becca Wilcott, it seems, is one of the former, as her new book Truly Madly Deadly: The Unofficial True Blood Companion brings ...more
Jessica at Book Sake
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read the ARC of Truly, Madly, Deadly that I dived right in and forgot to stop. Fans of True Blood will delight in reading every imaginable tidbit of information on the series and the stars. Interviews with the author of the book series the show is based off of, Charlaine Harris and the writer for the TV show, Alan Ball add to all of the information you could ever want to know.

There is an episode by episode breakdown for the first two seasons, which includes things like “Pagin
TheGeekyBlogger
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this from Net Galley to look at before it is released in June. I love True Blood but I love the books even more so when it comes down to it I side with the "original" vision for the characters instead of Alan Ball's vision. I do think he has done a great job of sticking to the original character types and picking to expand the characters that are minor in the books. What does this have to do with this book? I love the idea of a companion compiled by talking to bloggers, viewers, etc. ...more
Sep 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads
Lucky me - I start watching True Blood a few months ago, and then this book lands in my lap (courtesy of a CBC twitter contest).

What this book did, was show that I don't watch True Blood closely enough. Its a great "popcorn for smart people" show, but unless I am really paying attention, I miss way too much-guess I was "glamored" by all the sex and violence. Will fix how I watch this show.

If you are interested in the behind the scenes stuff, especially the social media (viral) element of this s
Christine Granados
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Don't judge a book by it's cover has never been so true. I got this book as a gag gift because I like the series so much. I devoured it. Despite the book's silly cover, this is a well-researched look at the series. Wilcott covered every angle imaginable. I liked that she looked at each episode's script and told us a bit about the writers. Wilcott is a true fan.
Misty
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A well written historical documentation of vampires and our fascination with all of their different forms. With input from the biggest names in vampire literature and folklore, this is a great and entertaining read for the True Fan!
Amanda
Jul 22, 2010 added it
Just a sad substitute for the real books/show.
Kaitie Cakes
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book does true blood justice.
If you love true blood as much as I do I would suggest picking this book up. It only covers the first 2 seasons but it's amazing.
Emily
Beadrbop
Bernie
Jul 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Becca Wilcott is the author of Truly, Madly, Deadly: the Unofficial True Blood Companion .

Likes include: popular culture, apps, books, readers, ideas, single file, coffee, wine, good hair days, a cat who shall remain unnamed (really, it has no name), dry humour.

She lives in Toronto, ON where she works as a publishing professional.

Find her at BeccaWilcott.com and @BeccaWilcott.
More about Becca Wilcott