Start by marking “Married by Morning” as Want to Read:
Married by Morning

Married by Morning (The Hathaways #4)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  26,823 Ratings  ·  1,462 Reviews
He is everything she wants to avoid…

For two years, Catherine Marks has been a paid companion to the Hathaway sisters — a pleasant position, with one caveat. Her charges’ older brother, Leo Hathaway, is thoroughly exasperating. Cat can hardly believe that their constant arguing could mask a mutual attraction. But when one quarrel ends in a sudden kiss, Cat is shocked at her
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Married by Morning, please sign up.
Poulami Hom Yes. Reading the first three books will give a better idea about the characters and the background. Though the first three books revolve around the…moreYes. Reading the first three books will give a better idea about the characters and the background. Though the first three books revolve around the sisters' lives, Leo's past and little by little transformation has been a part of the books. Also Cath is present in the second and third book. But then again, you can read the book separately too. (less)

Dina
Oct 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Letter to Leo Hathaway, Viscount Ramsay

Dearest Leo,

Firstly, let me apologize in advance for being so forward as to write you this letter and for treating you with such familiarity. I am aware that you, a fine 19th-century gentleman, should be appalled with my boldness, but I am a 21st-century woman and we are no longer subjected to the restrictive dictates of society that ruled your time. As a Hathaway, I hope you will not only understand this but also be amused by it.

Now, I am ashamed to say
Auntee
Jul 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Fans of historicals where the H/h engage in wicked bantering
Loved it. I knew I would, since I'm a sucker for the colorful Hathaway family. And Leo? I didn't have high hopes for him while reading the first in the series (Mine Till Midnight, but with each succeeding book, he kept growing on me, and growing on me...and finally by this book...*sigh*...he finally became a hero worthy of my admiration!:)

No plot summary this time, because there's some truly awesome reviews at GR for this one. I'll just add my thoughts/observations...

This was only brother Leo H
Shawna
Nov 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lisa Kleypas & anyone who loves a beautiful romance
Recommended to Shawna by: Me...'cause I love all of LK's books!
5++ stars – Historical Romance

Oh Leo, Lord Ramsay, you devastatingly handsome, fiendishly charming, hysterically witty, and devilishly wicked man...keeping me up until the wee hours of the morning to finish reading your story rather than for the total ravishment and thorough tupping that I would have preferred from you!

I’ve loved every romance thus far in the ongoing, enchanting saga of the unconventional Hathaway family, Cam’s and Amelia’s spirited courtship in Mine Till Midnight, Kev’s and Wi
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I hope you’ll be able to look past the cheesiness of this review and be able to understand what it is I’m feeling, even though I can’t quite find the words to eloquently express my thoughts about Married by Morning in a way that will do it justice.

This was simply one of the most delightful books I’ve read in a very long time. I had no doubt that I’d like it, as I do most all of Lisa Kleypas’ books, but this far exceeded my expectations! Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay and Catherine Marks, Governess, m
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Married by Morning was such a delightful book. It fully exceeded my high expectations. The sparks between Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay, and Catherine Marks in the prior Hathaway books promised good tension and a fun read, but Ms. Kleypas managed to draw on deep wells of emotion and passion in writing this story, that made it even fuller than I expected.

I had the feeling that Catherine would prove to be fairly tortured for a Kleypas heroine, and it turned out I was right. She had some deeply buried
Alp
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I don’t quite believe myself I gave this book 4 stars. Yeah, 4 stars! It was way better than my expectations!

Well, I enjoyed Leo and Catherine’s story more than I thought I would. To be honest, I didn’t expect much from this one because I’d never liked Catherine since I first knew her in Tempt Me at Twilight, the third installment in The Hathaways series (I’ve read this series totally out of order). Besides, during the first 15% of the story, I still couldn't warm up to her. I almost stopped rea
Beatriz
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popsugar-2017
Reto #18 PopSugar 2017: Un libro que hayas leído antes que nunca falle en hacerte sonreír
Para este reto nunca dudé en releer alguno de los libros de Lisa Kleypas. Por supuesto, alguno de la serie Hathaways era la elección más obvia y qué mejor que la novela de los dos personajes que me hicieron reír durante casi toda la serie: Leo y la señorita Marks.

Fue una relectura encantadora y la disfruté mucho más que la primera vez, creo que porque no iba con las expectativas tan altas como cuando leí l
Marisa Sauco
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡Un F U E G O! 🔥🔥🔥
Eso es lo que me pareció la historia de Leo y Cat.

«—Cuando visites a un hombre en su cama, de noche —expuso Leo sin apartar la vista de los diseños—, no esperes que este te ofrezca una taza de té y se ponga a charlar contigo.
—No pensaba meterme en su cama —se defendió ella—. Es decir, estaba usted en ella, pero yo no deseaba hallarlo ahí. — (…)
—A las dos de la madrugada —le informó Leo— casi siempre me encuentro sobre un colchón, desarrollando una de dos actividades. La prim
NiCoLeTa E.
Did i mention that i love this family??? Yeah, i did!!! But you have to tolerate me for once more!!!
And the most strange thing is that i love also Leo Hathaway!!!

Why strange??? I have to admit that in the first book Leo was my least favorite from all of them...
He was self-destructed and the worst thing was that he didn't care for anybody else, so he put in many troubles his loving family...
But the best of all was that the Hathaways sisters never stopped loving him unconditional even though he
Rane
Oct 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper
At the start of the The Hathaways series, I will admit, I really disliked Leo. He was such a self-center baby, and didn’t care the damage he was doing to his family whom loved him. At the same time I was curious at what LK planned for him. Slowly she reveled the Leo whom has faced his demons and is walking out of the shadows. And by Seduce Me at Sunrise and Tempt Me at Twilight, I was looking forward to his and Cat story. And with the cliffhanger at the end of TMAT, I was a little leery it woul ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 - 4 stars

“There are some experiences in life they haven't invented the right words for.”

Lisa Kleypas is such a fun guilty pleasure read! Historical romance isn't normally my go to, but sometimes you just need that escape from reality. Leo and Cat were the couple I was looking most forward to in this series, and 3/4's of this book I loved but the last 1/4 was a little bit too rushed and sweet for me.

A true story of hate to love, Leo and Cat have spent most of this series squabbling unti
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
It's a re-read.
I love Leo Hathaway! He is stupid and he is funny, unlike other HR heroes.

(Leo looking at his marriage proposals)
"Leo looked down at the list. 'Marietta Newbury?'
'Yes," Amelia said. "What's wrong with her?'
'I don't like her teeth.'
'What about Isabella Charrington?'
'I don't like her mother.'
'Lady Blossom Tremaine?'
'I don't like her name.'
'Oh, for heaven's sake, Leo, that's not her fault.'
'I don't care. I can't have a wife named Blossom. Every night I would feel as if I were calling
Juliana Philippa
[REREAD: Increased rating to 4.5 stars; difference was that I reread some of the great Marks-Leo exchanges from the previous Hathaway books beforehand so that I could fully enjoy their story again ... which had been one of my complaints before.]

Second half of the book far better than the first ... and how can I get my own Leo?! (3.5 stars)

[1852, Hampshire and London, England:]
So here it is! The long awaited romance of "Marks" and Leo! I know I'm not alone when I say that by the end of the second
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Marks Missed The Mark Stars

“Are you afraid of me, Marks? You, who bludgeon and cut me down to size at every opportunity?” “Of course not, you arrogant ass. I only wish you would behave like a man of your station.”-Leo and Cat

photo tumblr_lptl24N7qh1qlmgz2o1_400_zpsl8fmlmxg.gif

“Ah, there’s the governess voice. All stern and disapproving. It makes me feel like a naughty schoolboy.”-Leo

***Spoilers***

I have to be honest and say that this book just wasn't a hit for me. I was really looking forward to Leo and Cat's story. After reading Leo suffe
Princess under cover
Well, I think I like this book less than the first or second time I read it. I like it for Leo, but I really don't like Marks (Cat). I get that she's had a hard life, it's difficult for her to trust people, but she's been living with the Hathaways for THREE YEARS!!

description

She's gotten to know all of the family so intimately and been treated as part of the family. She's fought with Leo from the start, but she knows how he loves his family and they love him, so SURELY, she knows that he's a person worth
Maria Sol
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó, mi favorito de la serie sin dudas!!! Fue justo lo que esperaba para esta pareja explosiva!
Adoré a Leo y a la Señorita Marks desde la primera vez que se conocieron y libro tras libro me fueron conquistando un poco mas hasta convertirse en mis favoritos, por lo tanto no soy muy objetiva cuando digo que me gustó mucho este libro, pero teniendo en cuenta mis altas expectativas en esta pareja puedo decir que me dejaron muy satisfecha (a pesar de las mil ida y venidas de Marks!).
Como el re
DarienMoya
^^ JUST WONDERFUL!! ^^

If you are a fan of historical romance and you have not read The Hathaway series, then you are surely missing out. This series is positively one of the best and it should not be missed. Lisa Kleypas has done it again and every book in this series just gets better than the last, Leo has been a shining character in the previous books and he comes out blasting in his own book.

Leo Hathaway self proclaimed devil, he has the wit, charm and sex appeal to blow any female out of he
Hollis
This review can also be found at Romantic Historical Reviews.

Working through Lisa Kleypas' The Hathaways novels has been such a joy. The humour, the heart, it's all been there. But if you've been following my recent string of Retro Reviews, you'll know there have been a slight low point in each of them; a low point that was always tempered by the supporting cast and other family members, with short but wonderful POV switches to the enduring romances of the previous couples in the series, but a
Marian
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genial como los anteriores.- Crean adicción, les aclaro.- Me encantan todos los personajes.-
Andrea
Buddy-re-read with Lacey

I'm downgrading this to 3.5 stars generously rounded up. Very generously...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Leo. His journey from useless/broken wastrel from book 1 to the loveable, teasing, whimsical man he turned into after sorting out all of his issues was just perfect (unlike, say, Harry's transformation which happened WAY to quickly for my tastes).

If only Catherine hadn't been so... How to say this nicely. I mean, I get it. She has issues. But the way she kept on hating
Ursula
Story 5 stars.
Audio 3 stars.
I read this a couple of years ago and have re-read it several times. It's one I go back to when I need a fix of a really enjoyable, emotional and witty HR.
This was the first time I listened to the audio, narrated by Rosalyn Landor. I know she is a fave with many, and has a great voice for traditional HR. But I have just gone through all the Loretta Chase books narrated by Kate Reading, and I much prefer her voice for the lighter books. (Her men's voices are fabulous.
Beanbag Love
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was just delicious. I smack my lips thinking back over what I've just read. Just lovely.

I am so happy Kleypas was able to keep the spark of Cat and Leo's relationship alive even as they fell into divine and rapturous love. They continue to bait each other, evolving beautifully into a sort of comedy duo rather than sparring partners.

Not that it doesn't have angst. Oh, there's angst aplenty here. We all knew Leo had some problems, and Cat's difficult past has been teased heavily as well. Kle
Mei
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I knew it!!!!

5 shining well deserved stars!!!!

I just LOVE the Hathaways!!!

And Leo... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I didn't liked him in the first book, but in each next one my feeling changed more and more until now: I love him!!!! LOL

Wonderful book, full of Leo delightful personality!

I loved everything in this book, but the was a tiny, teeny thing that I didn't understand: (view spoiler)

But this is a very minor thing that didn't detract from
♡Karlyn P♡
Loved it! Leo and Cat's interactions and relationship made this one a winner. The actual backstory (Cat's mystery past...etc.) was minor entertainment compared to all the fun I had when these two were in the same room. I can see why some people rated this less than five stars as the mystery wasn't much of a mystery, and there are parts that were predictable and maybe even rushed, but I can't knock a star off of my rating simply because I loved the entire experience reading this story. The writin ...more
Leah
boogenhagen
Phew! Almost to the BIG HEDGIE book! Dodger is GREAT! Leo reforms nicely, Cat drove me nuts, srsly - rarely do I need to use the skillet on an h, but there were multiple skilleting moments. I restrained myself but I sorta felt that Leo deserved better.

Harry stepped up to the plate nicely, and tho I am mindful of Cat's trauma's, she came off as a bit selfish really. I loved the rest of it, fell over laughing a few times and am now ploughing straight in to the big one I have been waiting for.
Eastofoz
Mar 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Hathaways series
Well me oh my, if this wasn’t the raciest Kleypas read yet (!) Makes Suddenly You's strawberry scene look outright tame in some parts (!) Book 4 in the Hathaways series is still just another alright read. Sure you’ve got the love/hate but it’s a toned down one and yes there’s also some good back and forth banter but it’s just okay with only a few really good lines. This whole series feels like I’ve seen it all before and better somewhere else.

Book 3 ended with the Cat/Leo cliffhanger so of cours
Gökçe
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
15.08.2017
Taşınmadan dolayı yeni bir kitaba başlamak istemiyorum ve kitap okuyasım vardı. Bunu seçtim. Çünkü Cat&Leo bebeklerim <3

-----
Yine, yine, yine Leo&Cat aşkım depreşti. Yine milyonuncu kez okudum. Ve yorum yazmadığımı yeni fark ettim. Çok çok çok seviyorum bu kitabı. Seri olduğunu fark etmeden daldım ve iyi ki de öyle yapmıım. Benim gibi historical romans'ı pek sevmeyen birine bile kendini defalarca okutuyor. Hem ölümüne eğlenceli, hem çok romantik!

"Lord Ramsay ile bir dakika
Jacqueline's Reads
3.5 Stars

I read this series out of order, I read them based on how the library sent it to me. I liked Married by the Morning, but I’ll admit, I had high expectations for this one.

I was really excited for Catherine Mark’s story. She’s the nerdy companion with a secret! I just didn’t see the chemistry between her and Leo. The banter was off the charts good, but I felt like there was too much banter for my taste. Where was the wooing?

Leo and Catherine have always had it out for each other. Leo fou
Characters like Leo? 2 62 Jul 25, 2017 09:46PM
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Unveiled (Turner, #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas

The Hathaways (5 books)
  • Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Wildfire In His Arms
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I love you, Marks. My heart is completely and utterly yours. And unfortunately for you, the rest of me comes with it.” 303 likes
“There are some experiences in life they haven't invented the right words for.” 279 likes