Start by marking “On This Day in Christian History: 365 Amazing and Inspiring Stories about Saints, Martyrs and Heroes” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews

Amazing stories of faith from twenty centuries of church history.

From the Roman Empire to the Reformation, St. Valentine to St. Francis, Martin Luther to Billy Graham, On This Day in Christian History introduces readers to a parade of preachers, popes, martyrs, heroes, and saints from 2,000 years of Christianity.

This introduction to 365 of the most interesting men and

Published November 8th 2010 by Thomas Nelson (first published August 12th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about On This Day in Christian History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On This Day in Christian History

Keiki Hendrix
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
“Packed with a wealth of information for anyone interested in Christian history.”

What happened in Christian history on the day you were born, the day you were married, or any other special day? Find it all in On This Day in Christian History: 365 Amazing and Inspiring Stories about Saints, Martyrs and Heroes by Robert J. Morgan.

When I received this book for review, I instantly went to the special days in my life and found that John Calvin, the French Protestant Reformer, died on my birthday. His
Stephanie
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I would like to learn more about Christian history, but the prospect seems rather daunting. I was quite happy, then, to receive a free review copy of the book "On This Day in Christian History." The author is Robert J. Morgan, who also wrote the best-selling "Then Sings My Soul." Each day's entry is brief, but compelling and informative, and accompanied by supportive Bible verses. The book is very readable, thanks to a well-chosen typeface and layout.

I found the book a very enjoyable read, thoug
Melysah Bunting
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of "On This Day in Christian History 365 Amazing and Inspiring Stories about Saints, Martyrs and Heroes" by Robert Morgan to review courtesy of BookSneeze.com. The book features stories of various religious figures throughout Christian history. It's similar to Catholicism having a saint of the day.

Each day you can read an inspiring short story about a saint, martyr, or hero. Like today is the birthday of Augustus Montague Toplady, according to the book. He wrote the famous
Jo Linsdell
Dec 02, 2010 rated it liked it
On this day in Christian History is a collection of 365 short stories about Saints, Martyrs and Heroes. The author, Robert J. Morgan, describes it as "an armchair tour of the chronicles of Christianity in a devotional format".

Each story is told in bite size form covering just one page and includes a quote from a relevant passage of the Bible at the bottom for easy reference.

The stories, told on the date they occurred, are interesting and in some cases inspiring, in others amusing. A nice way to
Karie Hall
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Robert Morgan ~On This Day In Christian History~
Robert Morgan shares with us 365 true stories about people from all walks of life from saints to sinners.

This book is very educational, shows you when, what and who did what, people that really made an impact on Christianity. Some names are very recent and when can recognise them right away for example mother Theresa and a very well known man who has helped millions of people all across the country, can you guess who he is? Billy Graham.

If read on
Mark
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read many devotional books over the years, and this one is my favorite hands-down. Each day is like a small, fascinating history lesson, from some event that happened on that date in history. The writing is really good - and I found each day's event interesting.

Some devotional books feel like the author had to really work to make 365 days worth of content. This book felt curated, as if the author could kick out these historical gems forever. I looked forward to reading this every day.
Evelynn
I think this is the best Christian, history-related book I've read in a long while. It's jam-packed with dates, facts, names, places, events, and much more! I loved it so much that I finished it in well under a year, even though it's aupposed to be read in a year as a daily devotional.

I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends! You won't regret it; it's truly incredible!
Sharon Zink
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, excellent book. I have bought it for gifts for two or three friends. I don't think any of them appreciated it like I wanted them to. I am going to begin reading this book again today. The title says what it is about. I am not one so much for daily inspirational readings, but I do like church history, and I do love a story.
Sten Bolander
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Liked especially the "Index of Selected Illustrations" cross reference tool in the back. Used this book primarily as a devotional at first, but the index helped to find things later for a variety of topics.
christina
Nov 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksneeze
It was much more enjoyable and entertaining than I expected. The geographical and temporal variety was also considerable. It was odd reading a devotional book in a 2-month span, but overall it was a pleasant and informative read.

Booksneeze.com provided my copy in exchange for an honest review.
Emily
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: unfinished
Of course, whether this book is considered good can depend on what day of the year it is. Overall it's worthwhile and interesting, but the language is so lofty, that it's hard to just enjoy the stories.
Rick
Aug 11, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of daily readings built around an event in church history associated with today's date. A blend of trivia, history, inspiration, & challenge.
Danielle Decker
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
This is about the third time that I have tried to get through this book. It's just not happening. I can not get into this book.
Heather Palacios
Feb 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Every day this daily-read is making my mind think wider & my heart grow bigger.
Mathias Seiwert
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Fantastic book divided into 365 one-page sections about Christians who endured various trials for their faith in Jesus over the last 2,000 years. Inspiring, informative, and encouraging!"
Jay Budzilowski
May 01, 2012
Michael Locklear
Jun 22, 2012
Nancy
rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2016