Start by marking “Beasties: How to Make 22 Mischievous Monsters That Go Bump in the Night” as Want to Read:
Beasties: How to Make 22 Mischievous Monsters That Go Bump in the Night

Beasties: How to Make 22 Mischievous Monsters That Go Bump in the Night

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating details ·  5 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Patterns & instructions to make: Adard, Asp Turtle, Baba Yaga, Baku, Bloody ary, Cailleach Bheur, Ccoa, Chonchon, Cinnamologus, Cyclops, Dragon, Eloko Fairy, Fish-Head Alien, Kappa, Minata-Karaia, Nessie, Siren, Tomte, Werewolf, Yeti and Zombie.
Published August 3rd 2010 by Perigee Trade

To ask other readers questions about Beasties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beasties

karen
Sep 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafties
new and improved with creepy pictures. but none of mary lou retton.

at first i thought this book would be loads of fun, but the more i look at these monsters, the more they resemble the crayon-scrawled drawings of child-schizophrenics. they are charming at first (the dolls, not child-schizophrenics), but the more you look at them, the more sociopathic they seem. some of them are great - the nessie is awesome, but the rest are just slightly off enough that if i made them, i think i would live in f
Susan
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy sewing. I like fanciful, whimsical creatures. Awhile back I wrote about creating stuffed creatures based on drawings my kids made.

So, it probably makes sense that when I read about Beasties: How to Make 22 Mischievous Monsters That Go Bump in the Night by Diana Schoenbrun, I was fascinated. So fascinated, in fact, that I emailed Diana about reviewing the book. She was very sweet and obliged, sending me a book as well as kit to make a fairy.

I loved "Beasties!" It's a book with beautiful p
Figgy
added it
Jun 27, 2015
Nov 02, 2016
Diana Schoenbrun teaches puppet and playwriting workshops for children ages 6 to 9 at 826NYC, a nonprofit center founded by Dave Eggers. She currently works at Puppet Heap, a unique design studio located in Hoboken, New Jersey. Diana resides in Brooklyn, New York."
More about Diana Schoenbrun...