Start by marking “POD for Profit: More on the NEW Business of Self Publishing, or How to Publish Books with Print on Demand by Lightning Source” as Want to Read:

**********BECAUSE OF CHANGES AT AMAZON, READERS OF THIS BOOK SHOULD BE SURE TO VISIT THE AUTHOR'S WEB SITE FOR UPDATES**********

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A COMPANION BOOK TO AARON'S "AIMING AT AMAZON" -- NOT A REPLACEMENT!

CreateSpace uses it. Lulu.com uses it. So do AuthorHouse, iUniverse, Xlibris, and almost every other self publishing company in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
Published March 10th 2010 by Shepard Publications (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about POD for Profit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about POD for Profit

Start your review of POD for Profit: More on the NEW Business of Self Publishing, or How to Publish Books with Print on Demand by Lightning Source
Karl
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Even with all of the changes in the industry, still a valuable book.
After reading “Aiming at Amazon”, I purchased this book to give me some more insights into the POD world and while some of the information has become outdated -primarily related to Lightning (without the “e” as Aaron says) and their relationship with Amazon - I still gained a great deal of knowledge that I have not found elsewhere.

One quick example: I knew that the printer needs a blank page at the end of the book to enable the
David Hooper
Mar 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have been in the publishing business for years and I've read a lot of books on it. As far as self-publishing, Aaron Shepard is the guy to go to for POD information.

You won't get hardcore marketing stuff here, but you will get little gems of information which will make your marketing that much more powerful. Good info on the behind-the-scenes stuff of book information databases, major book stores, distribution companies, and more.

If you need technical information on how to set up a book for pr
Ann Addley
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was not what I expected. Instead of featuring a range of POD options it focused solely on lightning. However it was a very comprehensive guide to Lightning, going through steep by step the process, pros and cons of POD. Very informative.
Kyra E.
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Used this to publish my own book, "This I Accomplish: Harriet Powers' Bible Quilt and Other Pieces.". Will follow the steps for my next book! Thanks, Aaron. ...more
Christine
Jul 28, 2011
btevelde
Oct 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Aaron Shepard is the author of many books, stories, and scripts for young people, as well as professional books and resources for writers and educators. He has also worked professionally in both storytelling and reader's theater, as a performer, director, and teacher trainer. Aaron's lively and meticulous retellings of folktales and other traditional literature have found homes with more than a do ...more

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...