Start by marking “The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach (Happy Hollisters, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach  (Happy Hollisters, #3)

The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach

(Happy Hollisters #3)

The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach (#3 in the Happy Hollisters series)

Looking forward to a visit at Sea Gull Beach, the Happy Hollister children have a wonderful time giving a play about pirates and American sailors. Then when they discover that a present they received from Uncle Russ, a lighthouse lamp, contains a real emerald, they are more eager than eve
Published August 1st 1979 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1953)

To ask other readers questions about The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach

Start your review of The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach (Happy Hollisters, #3)
Farseer
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Hollisters are written for a younger audience than the Famous Five books by Enid Blyton. Unlike the Famous Five, the Hollisters did not go on holidays alone without adults, and they did not usually five themselves in such extreme dangers. They still managed to live adventures and solve mysteries, though.

The books were written in the 50s and 60s, and it depicts a clean-cut, wholesome family, where children get along with their siblings and respect their parents. The plot is simple
Luisa Knight
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Happy Hollisters books are wonderful; and there's 33 of them!

The Hollisters are such a nice and close-knit family, and they have so much fun together, whether it's playing, working at the family store, ... or solving a mystery together! Each one of the Hollister children - Pete (12), Pam (10), Ricky (7), Holly (6) and Sue (4) - plays an important role in finding clues, along with their parents who are always ready to join in on the excitement. These books remind me a lot of the N
Michelle
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
A friend found this childhood favorite at a used bookstore and gave it to me. It's the fun tale of a family (the Happy Hollisters) going to visit their uncle at the beach, making new friends, hunting for a lost pirate ship, entering a kite flying contest, and having fun.
This was my favorite of the Hollisters series when I was younger. I loved the idea of digging and finding treasure. It was fun to revisit this story.
R.J. Rodda
My ten year old son read this. He enjoyed it and wanted more!
Karissa
Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It was fun and exciting. It was funny when they painted seagulls.
Masteatro
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leídos-en-2017
Evidentemente los libros de los Hollister no son de gran calidad literaria, pero yo me crié con ellos y me encantaban, por eso no puedo darle menos de 4 estrellas.

Se nos cuentan aquí las aventuras de los cinco hermanos Hollister: Pete, Pam, Ricky, Holly y Sue que van desde los 4 a los 12 años. A diferencia de otras cuadrillas como los cinco de Enid Blyton, los Hollister viajan siempre acompañados de sus padres o de algún otro familiar y sus aventuras son más de andar por casa. Son má
Paul
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Old Fashioned Fun - Happy Holisters

The happy Hollisters was a classic treat as a read aloud book. Some of the language is a little outdated which holds a certain amount of charm in itself.

We have already downloaded another book in the series, so we will be looking forward to reading that in the future.

It takes you back to the good all days of running with friends and getting into harmless adventures. I recommend giving it a try and reading it out loud to your young ones.<
Kathy
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nostalgic Fun

What is the grade level for this book? My response would be that it is for kids of all ages who want to take a breather from the stresses of life and spend a few moments with this perfect family. The Hollister kids make everything an adventure. Everything is “keen” and “swell” to them, but if a bully comes along they take it in stride and deal with it. A punch in the nose was occasionally in order. This book was a fond reminder of the first series of books I remember eagerly c
Carol Caldwell
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a fun children's story written last century, peppered with old drawings. It moves quickly from one scene to another. The Hollister children have fun at everything they do, approaching life with a sense of adventure and seeing everything with curiosity. The family joins Uncle Russ at the beach and finds new experiences and friends.
Red
Cute primary school level book written in the 1950's. Lots of pen & ink illustrations. Think Bobsey Twins-ish, but with 5 kids. Very nostalgic now.
Angie
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie:
There were a lot of words I didn't understand. But, I still loved the book. It has all kind of emotions.
Roshan
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book for little kids
Cindy
Puts me in mind of my own childhood as one of five children... very active, very polite. Of course, things like this did not happen to my family!
Remo
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1985, novela
Los Hollister es la serie de libros que me inició definitivamente en la lectura. Recuerdo haber leído el primero y, con todo el dinero que había ahorrado por mi primera comunión y en todos los años anteriores, ir a por los 32 restantes, que costaban 600 pelas cada uno. Los compré todos en la feria del libro de Ceuta, lo recuerdo perfectamente, y volví a mi casa con dos bolsas y una mochila llenas de libros, que me duraron tres meses exactamente, para sorpresa/preocupación de mi madre.
Cada libro
Caleb
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked it. They go to seagull beach and there was a pirate wreckage there and a ship is named "The Mystery." At the very end they find it. It has one box of jewels in it and a couple of coins. Once when this mean boy steals the key to a beach car he jumps in a motorboat Pete jumps in too and a hurricane starts while they're still in the boat so they have to get rescued. The boat wouldn't turn around because the motor broke.
Kristine Hansen
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, vintage
Pirates?!

Of course the Happy Hollisters can't just go on a vacation to the beach, they have to find a mystery to solve, and this one involves an entire missing pirate ship. New friends, a kite contest...all of this adds up to a lively adventure in the true Hollister tradition! Great book!
Apr 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
I read the Happy Hollisters as a young girl and I loved them. Each book contains a mystery that the Hollister Children must solve. The children were most always so kind to each other and the parents so loving, it was a real fantasy escape as a young child.
Wendy
Jan 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
(surely this was originally published before 1979?)

This was my favorite of the Happy Hollister books. I like books where kids find exciting, valuable things unexpectedly (here: a jewel in the ceramic of a broken lamp). It isn't a good book by any means; four stars for nostalgia.
Lisa
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Family & friends! Wholesome and fun, as it should be.
aem
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved these books growing up... And always learned some interesting things while being entertained by the Happy Hollisters! Thank you!
LINCCReviews
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the Happy Hollister books are great! Great for children! (*BookLover*)
Kelli
Alichka
Jul 24, 2018
Amy
Oct 12, 2012
Madison Mega-Mara...: #175 - The Happy Hollisters at Sea Gull Beach 1 1 Nov 01, 2017 10:55AM

• The Ghost of Windy Hill
  • A Love to Come Home To (A Time of Grace #3)
  • The 10 Commandments of Author Branding: Embrace Authenticity, Gain Book Ambassadors, and Create Your Tribe
  • Sincerely, Jem
  • What Reggie Did on the Weekend: Seriously! (The Reggie Books Book 1)
  • Strawberry Girl
  • When Jonah Ran
  • Fifty Famous Stories Retold
  • Attack at the Arena (Imagination Station, #2)
  • Hunting Hour (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery, #3)
  • Firmament: No Man
  • No Place For Death
  • The Mystery of the Hidden Painting (The Boxcar Children, #24)
  • Chicago Blue (Red Riley #1)
  • The Whispering Window: An Ethel Thomas Detective Story
  • New Boy: Life and Death at the World Headquarters of the Jehovah’s Witnesses
  • Tree House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #14)
  • Burdney (Companions of Arcrea, #2)
The Happy Hollisters by Jerry West was actually written by Andrew E. Svenson, a prolific yet somewhat anonymous, writer of books for children. Jerry West was the pen name assigned to Svenson when he started writing The Happy Hollisters for the Stratemeyer Syndicate. The Stratemeyer Syndicate was a book packager, well-known for its development of children’s book series including Tom Swift, The Bobb ...more

Happy Hollisters (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • The Happy Hollisters (Happy Hollisters, #1)
  • The Happy Hollisters on a River Trip (Happy Hollisters, #2)
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Indian Treasure (Happy Hollisters, #4)
  • The Happy Hollisters at Mystery Mountain (Happy Hollisters, #5)
  • The Happy Hollisters at Snowflake Camp (Happy Hollisters, #6)
  • The Happy Hollisters And The Trading Post Mystery (Happy Hollisters, #7)
  • The Happy Hollisters at Circus Island (Happy Hollisters, #8)
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Secret Fort  (Happy Hollisters, #9)
  • The Happy Hollisters at Pony Hill Farm (Happy Hollisters, #11)
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Merry Go 'Round Mystery (Happy Hollisters, #10)