Start by marking “Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)

Legend of the Jade Dragon (Chintz 'n China Mystery #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  1,211 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
The second Chintz 'n China mystery--charm recipe included.
When a client gives seer Emerald O'Brien a statue of a jade dragon as payment, bad luck follows. To thwart its evil spell, she'll have to follow a trail of heartache to China's Ming Dynasty.
Published May 4th 2004 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Legend of the Jade Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend of the Jade Dragon

Kathy Davie
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second in the Chintz 'n China paranormal fantasy series revolving around a psychic who owns a tea room and her family. It’s set in Washington state.

My Take
I seem to be cuddling up to the cozy stories these last few books, and this was a sweet one, as it combines a newly divorced psychic mom and her new business — and she has a strict way with her kids. We get to listen in via first person protagonist point-of-view from Em’s perspective. Sure wish more parents would be as careful as Em!

Galenorn i
Barbara ★
I thought this was much better than Ghost of a Chance which I found tedious. I really like Emerald and her two kids, Miranda and Kipling. I must admit that I wanted to beat Andrew over the head with a big stick. Why couldn't Emerald see what a shite he was? I think Joe will be perfect for her and the kids. I enjoyed the mystery of the jade dragon and the investigation into the thefts in town. Heck I even liked Jimbo. Definitely a much better installment than the first book. I will definitely be ...more
Ivy
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Nice to see the next chapter in Emerald's life. Sad that she and Andrew broke up. Hope she finds happiness with Joe. Poor Ida. RIP everyone that died. Glad that the curse was broken on the Jade Dragon. Hoping Cedric will not in prison for a long time.

Can't wait to read Murder Under a Mystic Moon!!!!
Kat Lebo
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legend of the Jade Dragon, A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2
by Yasmine Galenorn

I jumped in on this series with the second book, which turned up on one of my "free e-book" lists. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I run into what, IMHO, is a top notch mystery from the free lists. This was one of those times.

The plotting and pacing are excellent, as is the flow. The characters are interesting and show growth throughout the novel. Divining who the bad guy was turned out to be extremely easy, and tha
mirba
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, urban-fantasy
Divorced mum of two with ghost problems.
After a quite good start this book do not keep up for me. Too many boring moments with just list of events happening.
David Caldwell
The owner of the Chintz and China tearoom/china shop/tarot reader parlor is Emerald. She ends up with an antigue jade dragon when a customer leaves it after a tarot card reading. When she tries to return it to him, he is killed in ahit and run accident. When bad things start to happen to her and her family, Emerald realizes it is the fault of the jade dragon. Can she break the curse before it calims anymore lives?

I actually know more of Yasmine Galenorn's paranormal action/mystery Otherworld ser
Beverly
Cozy mystery with a supernatural twist. The author is a shamanic witch and High Priestess and a former professional tarot card reader. She writes from what she knows. Her main character is a witch, tarot card reader, and owner of the Chintz 'n China tea shop and retail shop, also the mother of a 14-year-old brilliant daughter and 9 year old psychic son.
In this episode of the Chintz 'n China series, a man is killed by a hit and run driver as he's leaving the tea room. ___ ends up with the dragon
Carlin
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I would enjoyed this book a lot more had I read book #1 first. I was very confused by who was who, and it took quite awhile to get into it. But I persevered and found myself liking it more and more. Emerald is a 40ish protagonist, unusual in many cities. She is a single mother of brilliant teen Miranda and 9 year old Kipling (Kip). She owns the Chintz 'n China Tea Shop collecting antiques and all sorts of teapots for sale in the shop. She reads Tarot cards, occasionally communicates with her dea ...more
Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog
Emerald is a single mom with a talent for reading tarot cards. She's a practical woman with some playfulness thrown in. She a different type of heroine that I really enjoyed.

After an uneasy reading Emerald finds herself the owner of a mysterious dragon trinket and the bearer of bad luck. Adventure and mystery with a touch of paranormal send Emerald and crew on a fact finding mission to break ancient curse.

Legend of the Jade Dragon is a fun and twisting small town paranormal mystery. Rich detai
Nese
Jun 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I received this free eBook through Bookbub and Amazon in exchange for a fair review.
Although I don’t like reading about the supernatural forces, I enjoyed reading this book that has a complex murder mystery, quirky characters, uplifting and positive vibe in spite of so many bad things happening to the main character, and the fact that the supernatural forces were limited to having premonitions and an ancient curse which I didn’t mind. I intended to read more books from this series until finding
Nese
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharon M. Turner
Beware jade dragons!!!!

After a client has his tarot cards read, he leaves the shop and promptly gets hit by a car and dies. Emerald gets to take care of the deceased small jade Dragon. From that moment on her life takes a turn for the worse. Could there be a curse on the Dragon? As she tries to find out who killed her client, she begins to piece together the history of the jade piece. It's not something you want to own. Everything goes wrong. Will Emerald solve all the problems before the curse
Seraphia
Legend of the Jade Dragon by Yasmine Galenorn is book 2 in her Chintz ‘N China series. In Legend of the Jade Dragon Emerald is busy keeping up with her flourishing business after solving a murder that has now garnered her renown and interest from many of the locals in town. Business is booming and life is going well overall. Then one day a man named Daniel comes in and asks her to read the cards for him. When she reads the cards she sees danger and trouble ahead for him but what she doesn’t know ...more
Holly A. Woodruff
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent little cozy

I didn't read the first book in this series, but I will since I enjoyed this one. The story is complete, and while there are some references to the mystery in the first book, it's not distracting and it gives you a little background on the characters. There are supernatural elements to the story which I enjoyed. The setting is in Washington state where I just moved so it was fun to read about people and weather and even a few towns that actually exist. The writing is decent, th
Kendra Louison
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This book is quite different from regular reads but I’m glad I gave it a chance. I am grateful that the “bad luck” depicted wasn’t too far fetched like falling objects from the sky and so forth. It allowed me to better connect with the characters. I have not read any other book in this series but that did not take anything away from this story. I was able to follow the story perfectly. The plot development was well timed and so were the characters. This book has a bit of everything for
Sandy
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Legend of the Jade Dragon ( Chintz 'n China Series (

Entertaining story about a jade dragon that has a curse attached to it. The owner accidentally leaves it a the tarot card reader's place and is killed by a but and run driver before she can return it to him. Her life begins to take a horrible turn for the worst and she feels the jade statue is responsible. Lots of misadventures in this one.
Toni
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chintz 'n China #2

This book did not read like cozy mystery, nor like the normal cute paranormal story. It was very real and very captivating. This is the first book by Ms. Galenorn I have read, but it won't be the last.

The story was well paced and enthralling, the characters very real, and the entire premise was believable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, I loved reading it.
Chantal-Lise Mirman
Curses are no Laughing Matter

Mystery, adventure, and romance combine with supernatural forces in this likable but complicated tale that twists and turns to an extremely satisfying surprise resolution.
Nice flow of plot as well as great character development make this a real page-turner peopled with all manner of interesting folk and a smattering of otherworldly details.
I look forward to reading more about the intrepid Emerald, her witchy ways and her feisty children.
Amy
Sep 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really disappointing follow up to book 1. I got so sick of reading descriptions of Emerald's appearance and clothes and shoes - argh! I really enjoy the descriptions of the shop. The romances just feel like token romances. I'll hold out hope for the return of what I loved in book 1, when I read book 3.
Lois
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun adventure

Excellent story line and great mix of the mystical, friendships, family, struggles in relationships and overcoming evil. I enjoyed the story of the jade dragon and also the characters and mistaken assumptions of who people were - Andrew, Jumbo, Horvald, and even Oliver. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
barbara liddle
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yasmine galenorn never lets me down!

I fell on yasmine s books at the library and couldn't put them down! Love everything about them all my favorite things and characters are in them and they always take me into another world I've just started this series though so different to her other books I've read I love them just as much ! 💖
Thing 1,2,3
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Patricia A Spring
Enjoyable

I enjoyed both books I've read in this series, this one even more than the first. I was disappointed that Andrew went from hints of selfish to complete jerk and wished I'd ever been able to find someone like Joe. The plot held my interest and I like the clearing spell at the end
Sue
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots going on for Emerald, a china and tea shop owner who does Tarot readings. I enjoyed her family, friends and neighbors and their interactions. The mystery/ psychic part was well done, including Chinese history and American Indian or other America mystics. I thought this was a page-turting pleasure to read.
Judith  Wong
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprising happenings follow a cursed jade dragon!

Although Emerald has much to deal with after a strange man visits her shop and he is killed outside by a hit and run driver, she learns what and who are important to her. She also has to realize, accept and nurture her psychic powers or chance losing them, leaving her and her family and friends' lives and wellbeings in chaos!
Norma Huss
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Bad luck that just won't die. That's the jade dragon, and the evil spell has followed it for centuries. Em (Emerald-don't ask) has to rely on following clues through time back to ancient China to find and destroy the curse before her family is destroyed. Also, we once had a cat exactly like the one on the cover, so I REALLY had to buy this book. (Wasn't sorry.)
Lyn Jenkins
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Old and dangerous.

Emerald and the family certainly have a number done on them in this book. While real world crime sucks, having it happen in a fiction book where everything is supposed to turn out okay, somehow makes the bad stuff seems worse. Don't let that put you off reading an amazing story of challenges and mama bears.
Linda
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I couldn’t put this book down. It is a wonderful, quirky tale of a green dragon statue, Em a tarot reader that sells antiques and her band of family, friends and others. I look forward to reading some of her other works.
sandy
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever mystery

No dead bodies here; just a clever mystery. The author adds just enough physic details to seem possible. Whodunit? Read Yasmine Galenorn's Legend of the Jade Dragon
Tammy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal mystery
Shelves: 3-stars, kindle
At first I could tell this was part of a series and felt like I was missing part of the story. Once the story of the cursed dragon developed I found myself caught up in it and liked it. The ending was kind of lame. I guess I would call this a paranormal mystery.
  • The Witch's Grave (Ophelia & Abby, #6)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Night of the Loving Dead (Pepper Martin, #4)
  • Glossed and Found (A Bath and Body Mystery, #3)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • Home for a Spell (A Bewitching Mystery, #7)
  • Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3)
  • Avenging Angels (Beaufort & Company, #3)
  • Corpse in the Crystal Ball (Fortune Teller Mystery, #2)
Yasmine Galenorn is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author of the Otherworld Series (Sisters of the Moon), the Fury Unbound Series, the Whisper Hollow Series, and the Fly By Night Series. In the past, she also wrote the Indigo Court Series, two mystery series and eight nonfiction metaphysical books. She is now turning toward the indie side of publishing and bringin ...more
More about Yasmine Galenorn

Chintz 'n China Mystery (6 books)
  • Ghost of a Chance (A Chintz 'N China Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • A Harvest of Bones (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #4)
  • One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)
  • Holiday Spirits (Chintz 'n China Book 6)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead