Start by marking “The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California, #7)

The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California #7)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  285 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Mr. May: Jericho King, ex-marine, all businessThe Promise: Look after a fallen comrade's sister

The Price: She wanted his baby!

After a career of life-risking service, Jericho King desired only the solitude of his mountain lodge...and the occasional no-strings affair. But when Daisy Saxon arrived, his plans came to an end, for he'd once pledged his help if ever she was in ne
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #2011; Man of the Month, 184 pages
Published May 11th 2010 by Silhouette Books (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Lone Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Lone Wolf

Buggy
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Opening Line: “Now that looks like trouble.”

Do you ever find a book on your shelf and think to yourself why the hell did I buy this? Well that was the case with THE LAST LONE WOLF. I have no memory of purchasing it and no idea what attracted me to it in the first place. And in saying that now that I’ve slogged my through it I can also add that there was absolutely nothing new or interesting in this story except for maybe the premise which quite frankly doesn’t even make any sense.

Jericho King i
Donna
May 14, 2010 rated it liked it
The characters were likeable, the plot very predictable. The ending was disappointing.....the big, guilty secret was just " underwhelming". I felt like the author just reached a specific word count and realized she had to end the story in 25 words or less!!
May
3.5

simple, short and nice
Vicenta Ramos Giner
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: facebook
Acabo de leer ahora mismo este libro y me ha gustado ¡¡me parece una historia muy entretenida y muy tierna!! yo le doy un sobresaliente.
Elektragedia
amo los libros de esta autora, no digo nada de el porque me riego a escribir. pero si haré una reseña

Como en todo harlequin hay dos héroes, el protagonista un ex marine que no quiere tener amor en su vida, y una heroína que quiere conocer nuevamente una familia.

se enamoran en una cita bastante interesante, en un campamento dentro de la finca de Jerico, una cita bastante interesante. y una Daisy que le hace la vida a cuadritos y que enamora solo de verla.
Ariana
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this book, mainly because of the female lead. In the beginning she's annoying, but her resilience is pretty funny and cool. I love the fact that she took this dry man, that just wanted to be left alone, and warmed his heart to the core. She's no nonsense, and I wish more relationships started out like this!
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I liked it alot. Not much sex considering it's a Harlequin Desire but it was a good wholesome story.
Annie
WTF is this?

MFC "I want a baby..I mean a family! So I am going to find the ex-marine commanding officer of my dead brother and have sex with him till I'm pregnant then take off and all will be well!"

MMC "Oh look a hot chick, I want her, but she's a city girl I must drive her away, but I want her, but she doesn't belong I should toss her out now, but I want her, has lots of sex with her and keeps planning to send her packing."

MFC "I have fallen in love with this man I hardly know who wanted to to
Kath
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Regular
Janet
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
The Last Lone Wolf (2010) by Maureen Child (SD # 2011)
Daisy was all alone after her last family member got killed. But despite that she had grieved and was now determined to make a good life for herself. This included making the family she had dreamed of. Being part of the system that destroyed her brother and someone her brother had admired a lot Jericho's long ago offer of help seemed to meld perfectly with her new agenda. Now while I liked Daisy a lot her hidden agenda did give me a lot of t
Jocelle Monteagudo
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
I've started reading the King Series from book 1 and so far, this book is on the bottom of my list. Maureen Child has used the baby/marriage plot for this series and I have nothing against it. As a matter of fact, I really liked the first book to this series (Bargaining for King's Baby)till the Wedding at King's Convenience. But this one has failed to live up to my expectations.

First reason, I dislike the heroine. I find that I absolutely can't relate to her or even want to.
Second, the plot. The
Kathy
Aug 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
RLA
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it
The hero Jericho runs a wilderness retreat, and the heroine Daisy turns up looking for a job as the retreat's cook. Jericho and Daisy actually have a connection, as Jericho was in the marines with Daisy's brother and with him when he died. Jericho offered help to Daisy after this happened and now she's here to take him up on his offer. Only it's not actually the job as Jericho thinks, instead Daisy is desperate for a family and plans to try and seduce Jericho in order to get pregnant. Jericho kn ...more
Adriana Melo
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
A Very predictable romance novel. I found Jericho a tad annoying and not very interesting. Daisy did the best she could to try to fit in. Half way through the book I was ready to give up on it but I just wanted to see if Daisy got her wish. I didn't think Jericho's secret to be anything worth thinking over. I was more exciting about the side characters such as his brothers and Sam and disappointed that they weren't more involved.
Taria Reed
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
this was a nice quick listen. I usually don't tend to enjoy stories that begin with "i need to trick him into marriage/knocking me up" but this one was tollerable. The narrator, Dave Beach, had a really nice voice and reminded me of Richard Frangione.

story - 3
narrator - 4
PWRL
Sep 14, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Christa
Jan 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn't finish this book. It was hard to listen to because I didn't like the narrator.
Ladyacct
Feb 24, 2012
Carbavi Bv
Nov 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • From Playboy to Papa! (The Medici Men, #2)
  • Dante's Ultimate Gamble (The Dante Legacy, #5)
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • Honeymoon with the Rancher
  • The Secretary's Bossman Bargain
  • Expectant Princess, Unexpected Affair (Royal Seductions #8)
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover, #3)
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • The Family Plan
  • At the Argentinean Billionaire's Bidding (International Billionaires, #2)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Kings of California (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Conquering King's Heart (Kings of California, #4)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #8)
  • King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #9)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #10)
  • The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #11)