Start by marking “McKettrick's Pride (McKettricks, #7; McKettrick Men, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
McKettrick's Pride

Linda Lael Miller

McKettrick's Pride (McKettricks #7)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  3,503 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
Rance McKettrick is determined to make a fresh start with his two young daughters, leaving his heartbreaking loss and family's successful corporation behind, but his attraction to Echo Wells puts both their hearts on the line.
Audiobook
Published 2008 by Recorded Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about McKettrick's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about McKettrick's Pride

Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
The good, the mundane and the cheesy.

The story takes a while to settle in its skin. Being a part of a big hist-contemp series, the author felt the need to explain/mention certain things again and again, which was irksome. Also the characters, though individually well drawn, took time to mesh into a tangible landscape. But midway, the book gets more engaging, even with all the tropey-cheesiness.

There were times this book made me smile, enjoy the banter and the Texan-speak*. It also made me swoon
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this installment in the McKettrick series with an exciting ending and the whole pink car business was cute but the first half moved kind of slow and I didn't feel the hero gave enough atonement. I'm not convinced he changed his habits toward loved ones. Single father Rance is attracted to the new book store owner Echo who just moved to town.
Emily
Oct 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, cowboys, betrayal
Rance McKettrick can't believe the little pixie standing in front of him, with her pink VW and interesting outfits, he can almost forgive her crazy driving. When he decides to give her his opinion, she has no issue letting him have it causing the successful businessman to balk a bit.

Echo Wells has had enough heartache in her life and wants a second chance at finding a place that she can call home. Even though the ruggedly sexy cowboy has her flushed with desire, she doesn't plan to repeat the s
Melissa
Jul 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd in a little mini-series that Miller has written about some modern McKettrick men. It isn't necessary to read any of the rest of the series or other books about the McKettrick's, but it is a little nice for background. To me, this was actually one of the better ones.

Echo Wells has just moved to town to open a bookstore, and in the process she nearly runs over handsome Rance McKettrick. Ranch is a widower with two young daughters who spends his time mostly away from his home on big
Miss Kim
Oct 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008, contemporary
First off, I hate the names Rance and Echo. Rance? It sounds like a disease. Echo? puh-lease.

Anyway, I did enjoy their story. Rance is an executive with his family's empire and is also a widower with two young girls. Echo breezes into town in her pink VW bug, and opens a books store. This is an opposites attract romance. He is uptight and stuffy; she is the 'new age' hippy that sells love spells.

I look forward to reading Keegan's story in final book.
Pam M
Jun 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book..it would have gotten 5 stars but the ending seemed abrupt to me. It was heartwarming, heartbreaking..I even cried. Would definitely recommend it
Cindi
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have read quite a few in the McKettricks series and like them all. Like how all of the McKettricks are so different, yet so much alike. Will read more about them and more Linda Lael Miller.
Elaine
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first three-fourth of the book was boring. Not enough about other family members, events in their lives, etc. But the last fourth of the book finally got interesting and exciting with a robber, a near drowning, a wife begging for forgiveness of her husband, loss of a uncle, a list and found dog being found, a marriage of Jesse and Cheyenne and more.
Regina Mastrogiacomo
Wonderful books with romance, horses, dogs and more romances. I found this book very touching and I loved how all the characters fit together at the right time and place. It was never awkward, but very supportive.
monica
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cuando llegues a mi lado

Muy linda donde los protagonistas tendrán que enfrentarse a un pasado doloroso para superarlos y tener un futuro pleno.la he disfrutado mucho.
Shirlene
Echo Wells relocated to Indian Rock from Chicago. She was left at the altar and chose to move and start over again. She purchased a store front location in which to open a bookstore. She also had a web site from which she sold Love Potions. She picked up a stray dog along the way that she discovered was a white lab after giving her a bath. She called the dog Avalon and found out that the dog was pregnant. She posted notices on the web that she had found the dog.
She arrived in town just as Rance
Shawn
Mar 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rance McKettrick is a single father trying to hide from the guilt he carries for his wife. He blames himself for her tragic fall. He can't look at either of his daughters without seeing her staring back at him. His daughters practically live with his mother-in-law, Cora, while he jet sets around the world on business. He's shut down his heart and has no intentions of ever reviving it...until a little lady in a pink beetle bug almost runs him over. Echo Wells, online entrepreneur, has arrived to ...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is a re-listen for me. It is the story of Rance Mckettrick and Echo Wells. The book opens with Echo driving to Indian Rock, AZ. She comes across a stray dog, Avalon, and takes her along for the ride in her pink Bug. Rance has focused on work since the death of his wife and leaves his daughters with their grandmother most of the time. The Mckettricks are rich and have a rich history on the Triple M Ranch. He meets Echo when she comes to town to open a book store. He lashes out to her and imm ...more
Susan
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. The book blurb isn't quite right though. Rance isn't trying to leave his hometown behind. He has been working a lot, trying to outrun his grief and not succeeding. All he's done is spend too much time away from his girls. So he decides to give up the corporate world and go back to ranching and be there for them. Echo has arrived in Indian Rock to open a bookstore. Though Rance's intense focus on business reminds her of her ex-fiance, she is still very attracted to him, as he is t ...more
Yunita Taman
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dari pengarangnya saja aku sudah bisa menebak bagaimana jalan cerita buku ini akan berjalan. Hanya Linda Lael Miller yang bisa menulis kisah para kobi modern dari keluarga yang sangat melegenda menjadi sangat menarik buat dibaca. Penokohan dalam cerita ini sangat menarik. Rance, si duda beranak dua yang sudah 5 tahun ditinggal mati oleh sang istri pada akhirnya menemukan cinta sejati dan ibu yang tepat bagi kedua anaknya yang super manis Maeve dan Rianna. Keunggulan dari cerita ini sudah jelas d ...more
Kath
Sep 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this from an audible special sale and knew it was part of a series, but actually thought it was book 2 and not book 7. Even with that, the books stands well on it's own.

This was my first my Linda Lael Miller and I really enjoyed it. The characters in the story were well defined, interesting and likeable. Loved Rance and Echo, Rances's cousins (who are the subjects of other books in this series), his charming mother-in-law and daughters.

While it's definetely a romance, it also has other
Denise
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Echo comes to town in a pink car however it is the highlight of her history. A family history of death, feeling of being unwanted, left at the vegas wedding site all alone, leavig her just a number big city life she travels to McKettrick Country where she bought a building site unseen to start her dream of a bookstore. As the bookstore doors open so too is her life opening in new and wonderful ways, including a hot McKettrick business man / Cowboy.

Small town life and dreams of that all protecti
Kame
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rance has become a work-a-holic, he was before his wife's death - but now 5 years later he is worse. It helps him to ignore the pain - but in the mean time he is ignoring is two young daughters. Somehow a new bookstore owner in town - with a fancy name - Echo, is causing him to question if working so much is the right thing to do. She is making him want to connect with people and the land. But do they have a future when he doesn't even know her real name.

Echo has never had anyone really be there
Laura Beasley
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mary Ann
Another sweet love story by Lind Lael Miller. She adds more to her stories than just "fluff." This story is about a young woman that moves to town to open a bookstore and then ends up falling in love with a rich , prominent member of the town. He is a widow with 2 girls and has his own demons to get over. Echo who goes by her nickname, has a lonely childhood and then was left standing at the altar so her feelings about love are not good. This is the 3rd book in the series and having read the oth ...more
Wendy
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers, cowboy lovers
I have enjoyed all of the LLM books that I have read. Her style of writing is fresh and fun. Echo Wells moves to a new town to start a book store. When she arrives she meets a hansome yet intimidating man, Rance McKettrick, with two adorable daughters. Rance is still getting over the death of his wife and isn't sure about a new relationship yet is drawn to Echo. Echo comes with her own issues, and is just as sceptical about a relationship with Rance. These two characters overcome their own issue ...more
Jaime
Sep 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Patricia Solla
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, donated
The cowboy in this story has become a corporate head and has neglected his young daughters (after the death of his wife) leaving with his mother to care for them. Now here comes the romantic heroine who's certainly a bit quirky. And so the story goes. There are some interesting entanglements as the young woman prepares to open a book store in town. What's nice to see is all the brothers involved in the storyline. And the two daughters are definitely a plus.
Lauri
Oct 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another day, another cowboy. The 2nd in the McKettrick Men (which is in the middle of the McKettrick's series) features the very proud Rance McKettrick, Echo (not her real neame)Wells, along with Rance's daughters and his former MIL. Unlike Jesse (McKettrick's Luck) Rance is a business force to be reckoned with at multi-billion dollar McKettrickco even if it means sacrificing a relationship with his daughters and possibly another chance at love.

Jackie Lewis
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harlequin Books
"I really enjoyed meeting another McKettrick man and his family,plus Echo,she added so much to the story. If you are an animal lover you will also like this one ... " From an eHarlequin.com community member review, read more HERE!
Carole
Jun 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my favourite of the 3 McKettrick Men books. I loved Echo's story (I won't spoil anything by giving away her real name) and she and Rance really make a fabulous couple. When my middle daughter is old enough to read certain scenes, I'll recommend these books to her just because of all the horse riding.

Irene Jackson
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bought this as the cover caught my eye and i felt like reading a contemporary romance for a change. I enjoyed the story but not far into it I realised it was obviously part of a fairly big series. A good stand alone story and I liked it enough that I will probably track down some more by this author.
Esia_90
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Styl pisania tej autorki jest bardzo lekki i przyjemny. Jest to idealna seria jak ktoś potrzebuje zwyczajnej i prostej historii bez większych dramatów. Bez problemu zrelaksowałam się i cieszyłam z przyjemnej książki. Polecam serię dla osób, które potrzebują odskoczni od trudnych i emocjonalnych opowieści.
Ty
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book even the second time through. A family romance book?? I think what sold me on the book is that she comes to town in a pink bug yes I said pink -doesn't that make you like her instantly it happens the same time as mckettricks pride so read them together and get lost in the family
Trina
Mar 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great love story about two wounded people learning to open their hearts again and take a chance on the love right in front of them, be it from animals, children, family or each other. I'm certainly going to read the other two books in the trilogy. I actually wouldn't mind reading the future love stories of the children in the story too.
Goodreads Librari...: Book first edition 3 17 Jan 09, 2016 09:04AM
  • Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain, #2)
  • The Loner (Bitter Creek, #3)
  • Montana Destiny
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • Cowboy Trouble
  • Sun Kissed (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #7)
  • Texas! Sage (Texas! Tyler Family Saga, #3)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

McKettricks (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • High Country Bride (McKettricks, #1)
  • Shotgun Bride (McKettricks, #2)
  • Secondhand Bride (McKettricks, #3)
  • McKettrick's Choice (McKettricks, #4)
  • Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)
  • McKettrick's Luck (McKettricks, #6)
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettricks, #8)
  • The McKettrick Way (McKettricks, #9)
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)
  • Tate (McKettricks, #11)
“Everybody's heart is like a cup. They stumble from place to place and person to person, trying to get them filled. They get cracked, those cups, and even broken. Some people throw them away, thinking that it will stop the pain. Poor fools. Nobody can fill a cup but Almighty God Himself. Nobody.” 34 likes
“bathroom, moving like a woman in a trance.” 0 likes