Start by marking “Help Your Kids with Math” as Want to Read:
Help Your Kids with Math

Help Your Kids with Math

Studying math is often a source of great anxiety for children and teenagers. It also proves troublesome for parents, as many are reminded of their own struggles with the subject and feel lost when trying to tackle it again years later in an effort to aid their offspring. Help Your Kids with Math is designed to reduce the stress of studying math for both children and adults ...more
Published June 21st 2010 by DK (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Help Your Kids with Math, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help Your Kids with Math

Start your review of Help Your Kids with Math
Freda Mans-Labianca
Aug 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was the worst kid in school for Math. It was not my subject, an I hated every thing about it, I even failed it in Grade 9 and had to do it again. I just couldn't get things like Algebra.
My thinking starting this book was, if it can teach me, it can teach anyone.
The best thing is, I learned.
Algebra is touched on in this book, and in the manner in what given, I was able to understand it for the first time in my life. DK simplified it enough for my brain to absorb it.
That was something!
So I defin
Emerson Lima
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Publicado no Brasil pela publifolha com o título "Matemática para Pais e Filhos" foi um presente para meus guris. Claro, bem escrito e bem ilustrado, se tornou uma fonte constante de consulta de conceitos.
Casey
Jun 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
If you just need a REFRESHER, then this book might well help you. If you and your kids never understood math, than leave this pn the shelf and look elsewhere!
Jaq
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh this is such a great and useful book. Practical and enjoyable, yes I am a maths nerd. It explained terms simply with great explanations. Highly recommended.
Jenette
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Came in very handy this school year while helping my kids with math. If they were having trouble understanding the concept I was explaining, this easy to read guide with coloful visual diagrams helped out a lot. The kids could even go through it on their own and find the answers to the questions they were having. Great addition to the home school shelf.
Grace
Mar 09, 2013 added it
I hated maths but when I read Carol Vordermans' step by step book I was really impressed and I felt really stupid, because I didn't think first about what the question was asking for. Now I read the questions carefully,think and if i have a problem I go to Carol Vordermans' book.
Cynthia
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't say I've finished this book, but I use it constantly. It's an excellent resource, as well as another book in the series, HELP YOUR KIDS with SCIENCE. This book was written in the UK, so there are minor differences in terminology. Great visuals.
Carolyne Thornton
I actually have the Australian version of this book, and it's excellent. It explains all concepts with visuals in easy to understand language. Very useful for teaching and also helping my own kids with homework etc. Would highly recommend (the Australian Version)
Kate Hastings
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Parents. Very visual DK design will make sure you can explain things to your children. I am always paranoid that I am going to teach my child the "wrong" way-- since over time the methods and terms can change. Like re-grouping instead of carrying (which is actually NOT addressed in this book).
Jo
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like math but have missed some of the shortcuts being taught today. I highly recommend this book to anyone with young kids in school. It will help you understand and explain math concepts.
Twidlebug
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I used this and it was very helpful.
Katelynn
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
great for parents and great savings for students taking tests on math they havent done since elementary or high school
Erika

• Maths for Mums and Dads
  • Classic Cocktail Bible
  • Pigs in Clover
  • The Little Book of Somerset
  • Journal with Purpose: Over 1000 Motifs, Alphabets and Icons to Personalize Your Bullet or Dot Journal
  • Memorable Teaching: Leveraging Memory to Build Deep and Durable Learning in the Classroom
  • Kurt Jackson Sketchbooks
Carol Vorderman is one of Britain's best-loved TV personalities. Dubbed 'the Queen of Detox', her bestselling detox titles, including Detox for Life and Summer Detox, have sold over 1 million copies worldwide.