Start by marking “A Very Merry Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Very Merry Christmas

A Very Merry Christmas

(SWAT Guys #2)

Though the weather outside is frightful, the hunky men are SO delightful. And three ladies are about to get their stockings stuffed with the season's best cheer. . .Do You Hear What I Hear, Lori Foster

Accused of stealing a donkey from the local nativity scene, pet psychic Marci Churchill is being watched by Sergeant Osbourne Decker, who can't stop thinking about frisking h
Published October 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Very Merry Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Merry Christmas

Cindy
I'm really surprised the first 2 stories weren't actually put together in a paranormal Christmas anthology. They both are paranormal type stories.

I'm giving this book 3 stars, just because the first story is a favorite. The other 2 - ehh.

Lori Foster - 4 stars. Queen of the short romance story! This one is a beloved favorite. I read it every Christmas. I know - it's kind of dorky. A pet psychic, a SWAT cop & a stolen donkey. Whatever - I still like it! One thing that isn't logical about th
DAISY DISNEY
Oh my don't let the sweet cover with the cute snowman fool you! This book has 3 steamy stories. I enjoyed the Christmas theme in all 3 stories. The first story was my favorite. The last story was somewhat similar to the 2nd one which was a bummer. Overall though I enjoyed reading these short stories. This is perfect for women who enjoy chick lit books.
Moondance
Not sure why I'm reading Christmas stories in April, but it was a quick easy and enjoyable book. Lori Foster never disappoints!
Lesli
Read for Lori Foster's short story. Totally cracked up through the entire thing. Typical Lori Foster.
Dawnb
Nov 08, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Christmas smut!
☂ ℬrandi
❤❤

Really I just wanted it to be over. It took me nearly 3 days to finish this and normally I'd only need 5-6 hrs. I didn't enjoy any of these stories and spent a lot of time shaking my head and putting off reading it. Even the few good moments that made me smile, shiver or laugh couldn't save this book. It was a disappointment and a sad way to begin the new reading year. Bah!

Do You Hear What I Hear by Lori Foster

When SWAT team member Osbourne Decker is approached by friend and sergeant, Lucius R
Maura
Heather
Nov 25, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
“granny.” you're a grown man and you're calling your grandmother "granny"?
“hoochie.” who talks like that?
How are we supposed 2 like someone that’s called a total nutcase. I mean, the guy’s been talking crap about her and women like her since the beginning.
She seriously didn’t know what that was. she said she’s not a virgin &yet you have no idea what it is. You ask if it’s a gun. Which, he’s an officer of the law, so it’s a legitimate question, but it was still ridiculous!
Why didn’t they say
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Angela
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second story was by far the best!!! The 3rd, totally unbelievable, even for fiction. The first story was good and entertaining.
April
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. I liked the 2nd story best.
Kezermezer
"Do You Hear What I Hear" by Lori Foster

SWAT team member Osbourne Decker is not happy when his friend Lucius ropes him into watching over Lucian's new wife's twin sister Marci Churchill during Christmas. He finds sweet, sexy Marci irresistible. There's only one problem - Marci claims to be a pet psychic, and Ozzie has sworn he would never get involved with a nut like that again.

This story is not perfect, but it is fun. Ozzie is a sexy hero but also something of a judgmental jerk, and Marci is v
Amy
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A collection of contemporary Christmas romances.
"Do you Hear what I Hear"--4 stars--Cute and sometimes hilarious story about a police officer and a woman claiming to be an "animal psychic", as well as an aerobics instructor. The whole idea of reading the minds of animals is a bit far-fetched to me, but the story is cute, especially the part about the stolen Nativity scene donkey.

"Bah, Humbug, Baby"--1 star--I was feeling a bit "bah humbug" AFTER reading this story. I had problems with this story
Morpheus Reads
Do You Hear What I Hear by Lori Foster: SWAT team member, Osbourne "Ozzie" Decker, is asked by his boss to keep an eye on his wife's identical sister while they are away on their honeymoon. The problem is that Ozzie and Marci have a history. Ozzie thinks Marci is flakey (she's actually a pet psychic) but they've never been able to keep their hands off each other, so he's chosen to avoid her. Then she's suspected of stealing a donkey from a local church's nativity scene and they are thrown togeth ...more
Anita
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Very fun. The three novella were all very good, romantic and fun.

Do You Hear What I hear - H/h had a history before story starts. Marci can talk to the animals and Ozzie finds that very unsettling. He had a prior relationship with a real crazy and does not want another. Marci and Ozzie are so hot that both of them are able to get by until they can come together.

Bah Humbug, Baby - H/h had a history before the story starts. Allison and lee are set up by their siblings to spend Christmas in a small
Tonya Warner
Three sweet short holiday tales.

Marci Churchill is the off-the-wall twin sister of his friend's wife. A pet psychic. The one that always seems to push the buttons of Osbourne Decker. But, talking to animals or not, she stirs him up.

Allison Newberry has been off-again for a year from her on-and-off-again ex-lover. Lee Simonson would rather face the hells of war than face the loss of Allison once more. Can the meddling of their siblings stranding them in the mountains get them to finally reach for
Tania
Jul 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nature-quotes#299521 Bah Humbug, Baby

Along the other side of the street behind an identical mound of snow, Allison could see brightly colored hats and bare heads bobbing along. Occasionally, one would disappear from view, only to reappear a few seconds later. A green umbrella passed. A black-and-white spaniel clambered up the other side and slid toward the street. There was a bright red bow around his neck and a jingling brass bell. Two little heads appeared over the mound. Then two children, dr
Just - The romance reader
A sometimes racy, sometimes comical, thoroughly festive collection of novellas. I completely enjoyed all three stories. Each featured lively characters unexpectedly thrown together during the Christmas season. In each story the characters quickly discover, or in one case rekindle lots of romantic and sexual chemistry.

A Very Merry Christmas won't disappoint if you're looking for a light, fun read.
Paula
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun read. Even though I had already read one of the three stories - the Lori Foster one, which was one of the four in the last book I read, the other two stories were new to me and very entertaining. These are not "heavy" reads, but just a lot of fun and enjoyable for the holidays. (Makes then last a little longer.)
Kelly
Dec 29, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007, anthology, romance
3 stories by some fun writers. I haven't read anything by Lori Foster that I haven't liked and this story, Do You Hear What I Hear, continues the trend. Gemma Bruce's Bah Humbug, Baby has a twist that I never expected. By Firelight by Janice Maynard is a fantasy that I could all enjoy.
Melanie
Aug 16, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 2.5

Definitely not the best Lori Foster anthology. The first two stories were OK (a 2.0 rating), but that's it. The last one was much better and would have rated a 3.0 by itself. Don't think this one is going to be one I go back to again. The Night Before Christmas was much better and is in my nightstand for rereading.
Sharon
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
The first story was my favorite but I also liked the last one a lot. The middle one, about two old flames wasn't as good, but still 3 star worthy. The men in this book are hot and can't resist their women - all good settings for hot sex!
Lisa
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved each and everyone of the stories. Each one was different, yet they all had a great story line. It is the second time I have read this book. Will save it and put it away with my Christmas decor and read it again in a few years. It's a keeper for sure
Denise Kettering
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book has three very different short stories, but all of them have some rather unrealistic elements that tested my limits, even for Christmas magic. The book was quick and easy to read, but doesn't have a lot more to recommend it.
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I only read Lori Foster story about SWAT Sergeant Osbourne asked to watch over pet psychic Marci who he suspects stole a nativity scene donkey. I enjoyed the humor, the steamy scenes and the plot of dealing with her special gift with animals.
Tara

Lizzie
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've had this book on my bookshelf for so long, I forgot it was there. I found it just in time for Christmas. While I enjoyed the first story, the following two lost me. I did finish the two, but Miss Foster had really been my only interest in this one.
Marran
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet storys

The first one Do You Hear What I Hear, Lori Foster was funny and cute

Bah Humbug, Baby, Gemma Bruce also a cute read..

the last one however humhum...I have a hard time liking story where the characters hook up right away...
  • To All A Good Night
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze #292)
  • Santa, Baby
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Hot Chocolate (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Jingle All The Way
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Naughty or Nice?
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Unwrapped
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro

SWAT Guys (2 books)