Start by marking “The Truth About You” as Want to Read:
The Truth About You

The Truth About You (Lakeview #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  2,237 Ratings  ·  212 Reviews
One morning in the small town of Lakeview, Ella Harris finds a cardboard box on the doorstop of her cafe. At first she thinks it's her usual muffin delivery but is shocked to find that the box actually contains a newborn baby. But what kind of mother would abandon a defenceless baby like that, and why? Could it have been newly single Nina who, after being rejected by the f ...more
Published (first published 2010)

HrpaKnjiga
Čini li mi se samo ili je Znanje prije imalo bolje naslove u KDS ponudi?

Kad sam u zaostatku sa svojim popisima čitanja, najviše volim uzeti neki chick-lit koji će me vratiti u normalnu rutinu čitanja. Iz tog sam razloga zgrabila ovu knjigu koja mi je na polici nepročitana stajala već 2,3 godine. Štivo je zaista pravi lagani chick-lit koji govori o trima različitim ženama čija se sudbina isprepliće kad ih put dovede u maleni irski gradić Lakeview. Svakako preporuka za nadolazeće ljeto.
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
I’m a HUGE fan of Melissa Hill, I’d even go as far as to say that she’s my favourite chick-lit author. I’ve read five of her novels to date and have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them but The Truth About You is on a whole other scale and has quickly become my favourite.

What I love most about Melissa’s books is her ability to keep me totally absorbed from start to finish. I’m a big fan of chick-lit don’t get me wrong but unless its well written and offers something original I easily be
Julie
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was easy reading, to the point of being so lightweight I was glad to finish it. The main characters - all 30-something females - were so shallow and obsessed with what they wanted out of life and how they compared to others, particularly when it came to either career or babies. I lost count of the times I thought 'oh for goodness sake...' as I read about one or other of them. I will try other books by this author, but can't honestly say I would recommend this one.
Sue
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really is my cup of tea. All the characters are likeable, except for Emer and Deirdre that is. Some people might say that there were just too many characters to digest, but for me, I can always refer to the summary at the back of the book, to remind myself who is who. The twist was.. well, unexpected, I'd say.

The only problem I found with this book is the main issue itself- babies and pregnancy, since I'm not married, nor am I having a baby, lol. But that's not really that big of a de
Mariazita
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
É tão bom ler estes livros, românticos que baste, amizades sinceras, mudanças de vidas.
Uma leitura ligeira , bem escrita e que dá umas agradáveis horas de leitura.
Tiffany Michael
It was a cute read but some of the women in the book made me want to slap them they were so infuriating at times and for thirty year old woman not very smart. It was different how the book had separate story lines that ended up meshing together which was interesting and it had some twists to it as well. The book has a lot about babies and pregnancy. Also a lot of grammar errors which could've been easily avoided by proof reading, but all in all a cute read
Dalila.
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can honestly say that this is my favourite chick lit read so far because of the way that it pulled me in and kept me gripped. If you are looking for a plot with pace and realistic, interesting characters, a nice mix of mystery and drama with a little bit of romance too then this is the book for you.
Joana
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lê-se com a mesma facilidade e desprendimento com que se vê uma comédia romântica.. Não deixa saudades, mas foi bom para limpar da memória algumas histórias muito boas de livros lidos recentemente.
Rachel Gilbey
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the brilliant prologue I spent the entire book trying to second guess what would happen, and trying to work out just how it fitted into the stories being told. My mind must have come through many different possibilities while I was reading the story. There are 3 fantastic storylines in this book, with three women who all have one major thing in common. The mystery in the book also kept my attention, and I was thoroughly engrossed in reading this.
Jane
The Heartbreak Cafe in Lakeview, Ireland is in the center of town, owned and run by big-hearted Ella and starts with an unexpected delivery one morning before she opened. It was a doughnut box on her front doorstep but no doughnuts but a new born baby.

The story then proceeds to introduce several young women in various relationship and several of them expecting. Nina has returned to Lakeview to live with her father when she has nowhere else to go after a break-up with a boyfriend. Jesse is visiti
Elphaba J
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta é a história de três mulheres díspares entre si, de três mulheres iguais a tantas outras que vão amadurecendo e crescendo com o tempo, com emoção. São três mulheres que, num singular Verão, guardam os seus segredos, se redescobrem e mudam as suas vidas, irremediavelmente, e para sempre.

Tudo Sobre Ti é um romance hipnotizante que envolve o leitor nos desígnios de se ser mulher, de amar e, acima de tudo, de desejar encontrar respostas ao seu destino. Com personagens sensíveis, que rapidamente
Heather
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read the other title version "The Heartbreak Cafe" and I think some characters have different names (weird!!). Soooo many pregnant ladies and none in good marriages or committed relationships. Gads!!! Wanna-be Hollywood starlet, Ruth, is knocked up by her slimy co-start, Troy. Nina is knocked up by her ex-boyfriend who is married with a family. Jess starts out with a lovely, but childless marriage (childless by choice!!) and then decides she is afraid of losing her friends who have children so ...more
Marisa
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was the first Melissa Hill book I read and I certainly was not let down after hearing how fantastic her books are. I was convinced at three or four times that I knew exactly what was going to happen and what the answer to the pseudo-mystery was, but I was still surprised in the end.

This is a great example of a novel that intertwines a variety of stories into until they all merge into one fantastic story. The chapters alternate from the variety of perspectives providing a variety of clues lo
Dale Harcombe
Well, not really read but had enough , that's why no stars at all. Despite the blurbs on the back that told me 'the kind of a book that you can't put down' I did.The characters - Ruth, Jess, Nina and Trish all in their thirties or thereabouts were the most self absorbed shallow characters. I couldn't be bothered with any more with their selfishness. They talked a lot about love but the reality was none of them really had a clue about what real love is. I doubt i'd read another Melissa Hill book ...more
Fatma
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I think that the best thing about this book ,is how the writer made the character so believable and realistic not like other Chick lit (which I hate) who the women looks artificial .Easy book to read and you won't feel board ,the author style of writing is great.
Susan Weber
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good book that I enjoyed reading. A story about women, friendship and motherhood.
Apr 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Took me a while to get into the book, but once I did I had to keep turning the pages. Nice twist made it less predicable. But would now consider other books by the same author.
Andie Long
Enjoyable book and read quickly, although by far not my favourite Melissa Hill. This time I sussed the twist, which cut down my enjoyment. Also a few too many cliches for me. Worth a read though.
Bonnie Eldridge-labaff
Story line

Very good book. Characters pull you in. You want to keep reading to learn more. Characters were complex which made the book much more interesting.
Edlyn Blanch Maegan Alog
Honestly, I picked this book because it has an attractive cover. Somehow, we fall for appearances first, right? Because how would I know if a book's great unless I actually read at least a few pages of it.

But reading the back of the book, I know this isn't my regular cup of tea. And when I read the first few pages, it is guaranteed this isn't my usual cup of tea.

At first, I thought each story of one of the main characters would unfold before the story of the other one starts. But, as I was rea
Leta McCurry
It took a while to really get into this story. At first it seemed there were just too many main viewpoint characters. Then add in their various mutual friends and others and it was confusing to keep up with until about mid-point when I saw the tie-in between everyone. The connecting theme between them is pregnancy (to be or not to be, is or isn’t), child-birth, the challenges of raising small children, the strain on relationships. These are topics most women relate to. It was basically a good st ...more
Patty Frye
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting story

When I first started to read I thought it world be another "girl meets boy" story but this book actually had a plot. Basically the story is about several girls who meet in a small town in Ireland. The background of each girl revolves around having babies. I can relate to these situations since my husband and I waited seven years before having a baby. Then all we heard was when we were having another baby. We chose to have only one child but so many people can't accept couples
Cynthia
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Motherhood

This is a wonderful story about finding old loves, realizing who your parents are. Each woman in the story are a different points in the life of becoming mom's. But they support each other in good ways. Can can't wait to read more.
Orla
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book but found it difficult following the three main storylines at times.
Wilma
Jun 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Story of a bunch of Irish women having babies. I don't recommend it. And sorry I wasted my time on it.
Bonnie Halsell
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Easy read. I really enjoyed this book even though it was predictable. Great reading before bed! Nothing to worry about or stress over :-)
Stacy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

It was slow at first but does pick up after most of the characters are introduced. Many surprising details, looking forward to reading more by a incredible author.
Sandra Nay
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A group of new friends discover life in a small Irish town. Each has came from situations that challenge their normal. Unexpected pregnancies end up drawing them even closer.
Goodreads Librari...: The heartbreak cafe - book issues 2 11 Jun 07, 2014 07:02AM
  • Kate's Wedding
  • To Touch the Stars
  • Lifelines: Kate's Story
  • When I Fall In Love
  • Walking Back to Happiness
International #1 bestselling author Melissa Hill lives in Dublin.

Her page-turning, contemporary novels are published worldwide and translated into 25 different languages.
Her titles are regular chart-toppers in Ireland and internationally.
A GIFT TO REMEMBER will be released as a Hallmark Christmas movie in 2017 and another of her novels is in development with a major Hollywood studio.

Melissa Hill
More about Melissa Hill...

Lakeview (9 books)
  • All Because of You (Lakeview, #2)
  • Never Say Never (Lakeview, #3)
  • The Last To Know
  • The Guest List (Lakeview, #5)
  • Wishful Thinking (Lakeview #4)
  • Not What You Think
  • Christmas at The Heartbreak Cafe (Lakeview Contemporary Romance #7)
  • Summer at the Heartbreak Cafe (Lakeview Contemporary Romance #8)

“For the record, Ruth, I would have welcomed any path my life took, so long as it was with you.” 6 likes
“Yes, it is cool, and I very much hope this baby likes me, he went on, because I think I'm already crazy about it, almost as much as I am about its mother.” 2 likes