Start by marking “A Harvest of Bones (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Harvest of Bones (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #4)

A Harvest of Bones

(Chintz 'n China Mystery #4)

Strange supernatural events have been happening to medium Emerald O?Brien. So now it?s up to her and her friends to delve into the past to reveal secrets of the dead, lay them to rest, and ring in the autumn with a harvest of bones.
Published December 6th 2005 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Harvest of Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Harvest of Bones

Ivy
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 🌟

Nice to see Emerald and the gang again. Also nice to learn more about Irena Finch and her family. RIP Brigit, Brent, and Mab. Congratulations to Emerald and Joe. Hope Sammy will be okay.

Can't wait to read One Hex of a Wedding!!!!

Seraphia
A Harvest of Bones by Yasmine Galenorn is book 4 in her Chintz 'n China Mystery series. In this book we are reunited with Emerald, Kip, Miranada, Joe and all Emerald's friends. Things are going well with Emerald since her last dance with the supernatural and it's coming up on her birthday. Things are going well and everyone is happy. Joe has bought the lot next door to hers and they've been working hard to clear the land of all the brambles that have been growing there for years. What they don't ...more
Nicole Busillo
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sue
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This should be rated 3.5, I found the mix of mystery, romance, historical links, mystic info and general family life to be very pleasing. Emerald's experiences with tuning into other worldly spirits and all make for a very intriguing tale. The addition of the other characters, friends, family, neighbors, and those at her tea, china and more shop, make the stoy more full-bodied. My only disappointment in this one was I guessed who did what before the ending-and thought Emerald though strongly gif ...more
Carlin
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I've now read the first four in the Chintz 'n China series and I think this one is my favorite so far. This book encompasses a 50 year old mystery and a lost cat. But all ends well.

I adore the characters and have totally bought into the spirit world of Emerald as I've come to love her mundane daily life with her two kids Miranda and Kipling, her love Joe and her friends Murray and Harlowe. I have the next two and can't wait to continue the story.
Robin Siota Breeding
A hauntingly good book

The characters in this series keep getting better. This story was wonderfully poignant and had me reading until way past bedtime! I love that the author throws in little tidbits about the ex getting his just rewards! Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Nina Q.
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read from Yasmine, after that I was Hooked. I truly love her talent and creativity for writing I surely miss her bath and body series. And this one as well . I kept both series I can't get rid of them because I always go back to reading them....
Barbara ★
Other than Emerald being a little slow on the uptake (the diary gave away the secret but she totally missed it), I really liked this one. I'm a cat person and I love the paranormal so this one hit all my buttons.
Doreen
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Ghost of a tale!!

This was by far my favorite of the entire series! Each just got better and better, with details richer and more vibrant. This novel will make you yearn for autumn and all the beauty of the season!
Kim Draper
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You are in for a real spooky read with this one, of all the books so far I have loved this one the most. Emerald has so much going on in her life already, and when you add secret basement, will o wisps, a ghostly cat, and a long lost love, you have the makings of a once again amazing book.
Mary Walterman
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy Halloween

Halloween being my favorite holiday, this book is awesome!! Everything about this book hit on just a bunch of my own experience! I enjoyed it immense and I think you will too. Get this one!!
Melanie Brule
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS ONE! MY FAVORITE OF THE SERIES SO FAR.
Diana Nunez
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

I was totally absorbed with this one. It kept me on the edge until the very last page. Highly recommended.
Christine Hayes
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thoroughly enjoyable read.
Linden
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When bones are found from 50 years ago on the lot next door, Emerald and her friends must find out what connection they have to mysterious lights, a restless ghost, and a missing feline.
Amal
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit repetitive
MissOmni
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I received a free copy of this book, and this review is a voluntary review*** It's almost Samhain in town and Emerald's birthday is around the corner. The relationship with her and Joe has blossomed even more and he has purchased the lot next door. Unbeknownst to the inhabitants, Emerald has stumbled onto a dead body and a decades old mystery. What I find interesting in this book, is Miranda begins to have dreams and whether she is aware of it or not, she has her own psychic powers that start ...more
Lois Alston
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This story is just as great as the last one. Em enjoys life but has come into her own and realized she is happy. Her kids are growing up. Joe is in their lives for good.
Aurian Booklover
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As a surprise for Emerald, Joe has bought the vacant lot next door. Now they can extend the garden, and make a nice herb garden for her. But first they will have to clean the lot from the brambles that have overgrown it. Em has taken a week of from work, her beloved Chintz ‘n China shop is run perfectly by her two employees in her absence. In a week time, it will be her birthday, on Halloween.

While clearing the lot, they stumble upon the foundation of a house, and something dangerous is set fre
jennifer
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one brought Irish lore into a great setting of a secret love lost, a diary full of cryptic speak. A thinning veil, letting ghosties in, and someone's past needed to surface to solve this murder, and return the lover that was lost for so very long. Join emerald and her brood in this adventure of digging up secrets or a well to do family to solve a murder of a girl who seemed so lost, and to help bring home her poor kitty who got swapped with a ghostie!
Dyanna
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great Book. This is book four of the Chintz n' China Mysteries. They are a good fast read with humor, regular daily events and a dose magic and mayhem. In this book Em's Sweetie Joe had contracted to buy the property next door to Em's house. Em decided to take a vacation from her Tea shop the Chintz n' China Tea Room and help Joe clear the lot. There are lots of bramble's to pull but thing get exciting when they discover the brambles hide the foundation of a house that was hit by lighting and bu ...more
Robyn Jones
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emerald and Joe have really done it this time. Joe has bought a lot covered in weeds and brambles next door to Emeralds home. When they start to clear it out they find the foundation of a home that burned to the ground 50 years ago. When they do, things start to get weird. Emeralds families cat Sammy goes missing, the lot is filled to the brim with Will o'the Wisps, and a ghost of a woman named Brigit and her cat Mab show up.
I have to say that this one is my favorite book in the series. This ha
Summer Mason
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm reading this voluntary for a fair review

This is book 4 of the c&c series. In this book we find ourselves along with Emerald that joe bought the vacant lot next door to extend the garden and make her an herb garden. During the clearing of the lot, they stumble upon a foundation and something dangerous is set loose. They also find other creepy things(what might they be?) Emerald is determined to find out the truth more then ever after the sale of the lot is revoked and Emerald and joe are
Teena Folts
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I recived a copy of the book. This is my voulintary review.

This book is by far my favorite of the series. The Irish legands, the ghosts.

It starts out the Emerald and Joe are trying to clear the lot next door. Then things go haywire. A ghost and her cat shows up. And little Sammy vanishes. Poor Emerald must find out what they want and find her Sammy before its to late. Can she help the poor Spirit and her cat? Will she find Sammy? Read and find out. I love this book for a few reasons. One: we hav
Anam Ali
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Seriously how can you make your protagonist so dumb? By the third or fourth journal entry, approximately, I knew that Birgit was having a baby but no, Ms. Emerald O'Brien couldn't put the pieces together until Brent shouted it out loud. Seriously? I'm also tired of her contradicting herself, like, every four chapters. And constantly repeating things. Here is an example of 'how to make people dislike your not-bad-at-all character by drowning it in poor writing'. This is why I tend to avoid first ...more
Jacque
I found this author on a Halloween display set up at my library. I like good natured mysterys, witches and the paranormal, and children. I didn't see any way to lose. I was right. These books are all about fun, with some spooky suspense thrown in to give it a little edge. The best part was the characters, each one individual and quirky. I will probably head out tomorrow to hunt up the rest of this author's book.
BuDom
Mar 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the combination of supernatural and a real murder in the story. Since this is the fourth book in you would think the main character Emerald would be more confident regarding her psychic abilities, but she came off whiny.That was annoying but her children and the other characters made up for her annoying habit of second guessing herself. I look forward to reading the other books in the series.
Darlene Ferland
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read for the season. . . Yasmine Galenorn spins a tale of the supernatural. Emerald and her friends delve into a harvest of bones when Emerald and her boyfriend begin clearing the lot next door. It is purchased by Joe so they could extend their property. A lost cat, a ghost cat, a young women ghost and Will o' the Wisps really gives the reader a sense of Halloween.
Kathy
Jan 27, 2011 rated it liked it
This book wasn't too bad. Mystery, romance and fantasty all tied in together. Made light reading, went fast. This is the 4th in a series, wish I had read ther others first, it refers to those stories.
  • The Witch Is Dead (Ophelia & Abby, #5)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • The Chick and the Dead (Pepper Martin, #2)
  • Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • Laced with Magic (Sugar Maple, #2)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • Home for a Spell (A Bewitching Mystery, #7)
NOTE: I SELDOM visit Goodreads and do very little here. Please see my website for more information on my work: https://galenorn.com

New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author Yasmine Galenorn writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance, and is the author of over sixty books & numerous series, including the Wild Hunt Series, the Fury Unbound Series, the Otherworld Serie

Chintz 'n China Mystery (6 books)
  • Ghost of a Chance (A Chintz 'N China Mystery, #1)
  • Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)
  • Holiday Spirits (Chintz 'n China Book 6)