Start by marking “Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships” as Want to Read:
Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships

Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Reorient your selling approach

Mr. Shmooze is the parable of a man who reveals the secret shared by all superstar salespeople. Selling, in its most exquisite form, is not about "taking," nor is it about "persuading." Selling, believe it or not, is about "giving."
Mr. Shmooze gives for a living. He starts by listening and he quickly comes to understand what people really nee
Published October 5th 2010 by Wiley (first published October 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Shmooze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Shmooze

Ronnie
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy and quick read. Will quickly inspire you to really care for your clients in unexpected ways.

Keys for selling
chapter 1
-compliment people and say something exciting every time you engage
-Make people laugh and find commonalities and paint specific pictures for people to get them excited
-Specific numbers stick with people.
-People buy from pleasure or pain which do they associate you with
chapter 2

chapter 3

chapter 4

chapter 5

chapter 10
Devon Aguirre
this was an interesting quick read about a sales consultant shmoozing clients. I didn't find it be super informative other than telling the reader to make their clients happy and give them gifts. It was just stories about the subject character goes throughout his day.
Matt Gwynn
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was probably my favorite business read that falls under the category of both short and based off of a fictional story. The author understands sales very well which is why Mr. Schmooze and the lessons he taught rang so true to me. "Selling is really the art and science of a much higher subject. The subject of life. Everyone communicates, listens, attempts to persuade, all day, every day of their lives. Yes, there are bad salespeople out there, just like there are bad politicians, journalists ...more
Mike
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
This short book contains key lessons that will lead to success in any business endeavor. Many business books told in story format don't feel "real" but this is the rare exception. You are right there in the middle of a grand business adventure!

I re-read this book often and knew it was the first book I HAD to read in 2016. Why? It sets the stage to go out and do more, do it bigger, and do it with an infectious energy that everyone loves. The result is more for everybody involved.

Read it, then go
Keri Pabst
If you are reading this book to get A better understanding of selling through relationships, start at chapter 5. if you take this book too literal you will go broke. Chapters 1-5 spend most of its time developing the relationship with the client on an "wow" level. Standing out by using dollar signs. Using elaborate and thoughtful pricey gifts to get someone to notice you. Once you get past that on to chapters 5 he teaches you why you need the relationships and what it means to stand out. If you ...more
Michelle Hill
Oct 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this saturday night. It only took about 1 1/2 hours. It's a quick read. My husband was reading it and I thought it looked interesting. I loved it! It's meant for the business-professional, but I found many applications applicable to my life (both as a parent and person).

Aundi, you should have your hubby read it.
Michael Weening
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-sales-books
One of my Top 5 sales books. I have had Richard speak to my sales organizations (via webinars) in 3 orgs and love his view on sales.

Relationship selling is critical to any sales team and while this book is "over the top", it makes the point. Do this 50% as well as illustrated, and you will be at the top.
C. Spencer Reynolds
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-10
One of my most recommended books! I give this to almost all of my coaching clients!
Kin Thompson
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book - easy read. I would love to meet/and be this guy! Really makes me think about adding value to other people and being more intentional in my relationships.
Blaine Strickland
A short, entertaining, easily read business fable. Encourages, passion, enthusiasm and careful preparation in your dealings with clients and prospects.
Ian Stockman