Start by marking “Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray: The Uproar at the Front Door” as Want to Read:
Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray: The Uproar at the Front Door

Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray: The Uproar at the Front Door

(Bad Kitty CB3)

Kitty's owners are taking a week off and leaving Kitty and Puppy at home. So who's going to watch them? Good ol' Uncle Murray, star of the Fun Facts feature of previous Kitty books—the guy you thought knew everything about cats. Think again! It isn't long before Uncle Murray is driven to near madness by shenanigans of epic proportions.
Published August 31st 2010 by Roaring Brook Press (first published January 1st 2010)

Start your review of Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray: The Uproar at the Front Door
Tim The Enchanter
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sydney-s-reads
This is the review of my 7 year old daughter, Sydney.

This Bad Kitty book was not as good as the other Bad Kitty books. I thought this book was really repetitive and sometimes I got bored while reading it.

In this book, the characters are Bad Kitty, Dog, the Baby, the owners and Uncle Murray. The story was about the time when Uncle Murray was the babysitter for Bad Kitty and the Dog. Bad Kitty was bad in this book because she thought Uncle Murray was going to eat her so she spent most of the book
welearnfromfailurenotsuccess
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There is a family that owns a kitty and the kitty is bad so they call him bad kitty. The family had to go somewhere and they left the bad kitty with his uncle and his uncle's name was Murray.Bad kitty hates uncle Murray and they went on a wrestling match with each other.The match went on and on with each other and they where just wrestling and then they stooped after that they where back to being friends.The family of bad kitty came back and the family told uncle Murray how did it go and he said ...more
Halley Todd
Bad Kitty is quite an annoying cat, but, she is also just plain goofy. It is not her fault that she is scared of big, loud Uncle Murray, who is pet-sitting her and Puppy while their people are away for a week. Even though he doesn't understand why she hides and screams at him, he still does his best to feed her. But, the line is crossed when she gets outside and a horde of cats chase him while he tries to catch her. Then, he leaves her by herself, which also causes her to be scared. However, he ...more
Sweet on Books
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: melissa-y, reader-jr
Uncle Murray comes to take care of Bad Kitty and Puppy while their owners go away. Let the games begin. First of all, Bad Kitty is a touchy little cat. Bad Kitty needs to be handled with care and Uncle Murray is like a bull in a china shop. After some hilarious non-starters, Uncle Murray decides that goofy cat isn't worth it and he leaves. However, responsibility gets the better of him and lucky for us readers, Uncle Murray returns to take care of the animals. An uneasy alliance is formed. When ...more
Amy
Oh, boy. How am I going to rate Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray? My niece *adores* the Bad Kitty books, and my nephew likes Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray in particular. Both kids laugh their heads off at Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray. In addition, my niece likes to read Bad Kitty books aloud, and I have noticed an improvement in her expression and fluency, so it's really hard for me to say what I'm going to say next about Bad Kitty.

I cannot stand these books! I love that the kids love them (hence the four
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat Lovers and Little Ones
Recommended to Greta is Erikasbuddy by: Sunny
Bad Kitty is back!!

With Puppy and Uncle Murray..

Uncle Murray?

Who is Uncle Murray?

Uncle Murray is going to watch Kitty and Puppy while their people are gone for the week.

But where did their people go?

This book is great! Full of zany kitty action that will really get you inside a kitty's head.

It's also full of 'real kitty' facts. Like why cats are afraid of people, vacuum cleaners, and why some kitties don't like to be left alone.

This book is a chapter book and would be great for little ones who
Lucas
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is funny. the book is a great start for readers all ages
Seung Lee
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of this series. The dialogue is funny because some words come out of nowhere to make this hilarious.
Jennifer Lara
This book was great. Uncle Murray was babysitting kitty and puppy for a week. But kitty doesn't like Uncle Murray and start to give him a hard time. Puppy, on the other hand, does like Uncle Murray and becomes Uncle Murray's favorite. Uncle Murray turned on the vacuum cleaner and kitty starts to go crazy because of the noise and ran out the door. She kept making so much noise that all of her cat friends heard and came to help. When Uncle Murray finally cornered Kitty, She starts to look bigger. ...more
Erin
Sep 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Bad Kitty may be bad, but I love him anyway. A cat's perspective on what goes on when his owners go away and the pet sitter comes to play - complete with snarky, cat-like commentary! I liked how Bruel also incorporated sections explaining feline behavior, which added a nice component to help kids understand their pets. Plus, the drawings of Uncle Murray looking more and more frazzled made me laugh out loud!
Sherlyn
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray
My books name is Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray The Uproar At The Front Door the author of this book is Nick Bruel, and this book has 157 pages.

In this book, Bad Kitty was having a dream about kitty paradise until a suitcase was dropped on her head and to find out that her owners were going on a trip that one week long but she couldn’t come and neither could puppy so the owners called Uncle Murray to come and babysit them for a week until they get back from their trip
Sara
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bad kitty's owner is going on a trip. Yes without kitty. He said he would bring back a special surprise. Uncle Murray's taking care of her for a week. Kitty's nickname from Uncle Murray is goofy cat. And she is a goofy cat. Kitty will try to battle Uncle Murray until he leaves. But kitty was already starving before Uncle Murray even left.
To Be Continued.
Holly Letson
I think we have all established the idea that Uncle Murray is a dog lover. That is very obvious in this installment as well. But, there's no love lost for Kitty, either. Neither likes one another until after being separated a little bit.
Madeleine Gamboa
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I read a bad kitty book but I enjoined it and it is really cool and liked it so much.I liked it because it was funny and the cat is so scary at loud noises.
Alyssa
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-to-read
Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray By Nick Bruel
Bad Kitty is at it again. When the family leaves, Uncle Murray comes to stay to watch the pets. After a couple of hours of many screeches, a wild cat chase, and some strange visitors, Uncle Murray has thrown in the towel. However, both bad kitty and Uncle Murray have a change of heart and agree to get along since they are forced to stay together for the rest of the week. I have never read a Bad Kitty book but I enjoyed this hilarious tale. With great
Maria Antonia
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is part of a series that gets its beginning from an ABC picture book called Bad Kitty. In that book, it introduces a character called Uncle Murray in a tiny little cameo. He’s so memorable that he ends up one of the main characters in this book! There’s just something very fun about Uncle Murray.

For me, one of the best parts of the book was Uncle Murray’s “Fun Facts”. I actually really enjoyed these facts about why cats get scared and how they react to situations that startle them. It’
Lydia
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bad Kitty's people are going on vacation for a week, so Uncle Murray has agreed to take care of Puppy and Kitty. Unfortunately for Uncle Murray, Kitty is at her psycho-ist so the week promises to be... eventful!

Lots of funny bits, with some good info on making friends with cats and how cats can react to environment changes.

No content issues, though there are scratches, bumps and bruises.

Tiger
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was a lot more to read in this volume as Uncle Murray talks a lot lol In this volume, it felt like a lot happened but it also felt like nothing happened at all!

I really loved the Strange Kitty cameo, he's easily my favorite character and I hope he appears more in the future.

Not my favorite one so far, maybe because it was kinda focused on uncle Murray, but I liked it and didn't expect the ending.
Anthony
Kitty and Puppy are left at home by their owners, but Uncle Murray has agreed to take care of them while the owners are away. Will the three of them survive in one house for a week? And what's the surprise that the owners promised Kitty on their return home? Lots of fun facts from Uncle Murray about cats throughout the story, and an appendix of selected phobias.
Melissa Hamm
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Again just wanted a quick fun read. Definitely a book full of laughs and great illustration. Definitely show Uncle Murray is for a sure dog person but its great how he worked with kitty for them to get along. Loved the message of team work in this book.
Peppa Pig
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
thank u, next I read this in like grade 2 but no. i didn't like it most of the other books were somewhat better than this I felt as if this book didn't reach my expectations but i strongly believe that drawn to trouble and happy birthday remain suprior.....

Love
Peppa
Kaelin Miller
This is another favorite book of mine. I loved the insanity that is this book. I normally like chaos in literature and entertainment overall. I found this book to be entertaining. I recommend this to all Bad Kitty fans.
Kris
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was introduced to the Bad Kitty series through my granddaughter. Delightful insight in Kitty behavior, fun drawings, and easy access to early readers without being 'simple'. Excellent recommendation for kids of all ages who love whacky animals (doesn't that apply to all cats?)!
Lisa
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A student I read with loves these stories. They made her giggle as she read them to me. A great book to share.
Emma
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel for Uncle Murray.
Heaven Loewen
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's book was pretty good. And I read it in one sitting ...more
mya
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my absolute favorite Bad Kitty book!
Jen
Alex really likes these books. I'm not sure that Bad Kitty is the best role model in children's literature...
Ian
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-started
some good drawings of Doro Purrrrception but her nose could have been bigger.
Raniyah
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
I thought its a great book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)
  • Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker
  • Never Do Anything, Ever (Dear Dumb Diary #4)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants, #3)
  • Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4)
  • Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants, #2)
  • Ms. LaGrange Is Strange! (My Weird School, #8)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid
  • The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury (Ricky Ricotta, #2)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Emperor Pickletine Rides the Bus (Origami Yoda, #6)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1)
Nick Bruel is the New York Times bestselling author and illustrator of children's books including Bad Kitty, Bad Kitty Gets a Bath, Bad Kitty Meets the Baby, and Boing!, among others. Nick is a freelance illustrator and cartoonist, and during his down time, he collects PEZ dispensers and grows tomatoes in the backyard. He lives in Tarrytown, NY with his wife Carina and their lovely cat Esmerelda.

Bad Kitty (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Bad Kitty
  • Poor Puppy
  • A Bad Kitty Christmas: Includes Three Ready-to-Hang Ornaments!
  • Bad Kitty Scaredy-Cat
  • Bad Kitty Does Not Like Candy
  • Bad Kitty Does Not Like Dogs
  • Bad Kitty Does Not Like Thanksgiving
  • Bad Kitty Does Not Like Video Games
  • Bad Kitty Does Not Like Snow
  • Bad Kitty: Searching for Santa
“As soon as I open this door, I'll be free. FREE! No more goofy cats screaming in my face and eating my shoes. No more biting and scratching and chasing me down the street. Outside this door is a big, wonderful world where goofy cats don't turn into furry whirlwinds that hit me on the head with a spatula. And soon I will be a part of that world once again!” 4 likes