Start by marking “Weathered Too Young” as Want to Read:
Weathered Too Young

Weathered Too Young

(Evans Brothers)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  1,755 Ratings  ·  158 Reviews

Lark Lawrence was alone. In all the world there was no one who cared for her. Still, there were worse things than independence -- and Lark had grown quite capable of providing for herself. Nevertheless, as winter loomed, she suddenly found herself with no means by which to afford food and shelter -- destitute.

Yet Tom Evans was a kind and compassionate man. When Lark Lawren

Published March 28th 2010 by Distractions Ink

To ask other readers questions about Weathered Too Young, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weathered Too Young

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I’ve read this a few times and I enjoy it more each time I read it. I think this is probably in my top five McClure books. I really love it!

Lark is used to taking care of herself and the book starts with her looking for somewhere to work for the winter before moving on again. When the opportunity to work as a housekeeper for the Evans brothers comes up, she jumps at the chance. Tom Evans is a friendly guy, always quick to smile and likes to make sure everyone around him is taken care of. I trul
Aerykah
Apr 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
After reading A Bargained-For Bride (see my review for it here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...), I thought I'd give this author a chance to redeem herself. After all, some authors just have one or two crappy books while their other books are much better! And I had a copy of this book on my kindle anyway so, why not?

Once again, I thought this book was supposed to be Christian fiction. I was disappointed, however... again. This one was worse than A Bargained-For Bride! In my opinion, it
Booknut
I am utterly in love with Marcia Lynn McClure's books!

Weathered Too Young is another brilliant book among the many Marcia Lynn McClure has written. Filled with cowboys whose gruff exterior conceals a warm heart, lots of laughs, swoonsome kisses and romantic moments that may require several tissues, this book is most certainly a keeper :)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Yu-uh-meeeeeeeeeeeee! Another great MLM book. It's like calgon, take me away. I don't have to think really hard. I just relax, read, drift away and at the end I feel good. Love always conquers. (and the kissing along the way really helps)
Brenda
Apr 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Mmmm, mmmm, good! A handsome hardworking cowboy and a strong heroine who doesn't realize her worth. Pages and pages of fantastic kissing. A relaxing lazy stroll through bliss. I love Marcia's books!
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
it's the type of book that uses exclamation points. enough said.
Jill
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Ok...my friend likes this author and if you are in the mood for a cheesy clean romance..this will fill your ticket. I think I've never been too much of a romance novel reader...or I tend to veer torwards the tween novels for that since I can put myself mentally back in high school, but for some reason I just can't get into these books. It's the books you giggle about and know the plot 2 minutes into reading. I also had issues with the trendy names or something...slater and lark were the main cha ...more
Heather
I originally gave this 4 stars because it wasn't one of my top favorites of Marcia's. I can't put my finger on it, but I didn't get all giddy over it like some of my top favs. But now, months later, it seems to be one of her books that lingers in my mind still, and I get giddy over it NOW, so for that it goes up to 5 stars!! I guess it will be one that I will re-read after all! Some of Marcia's books don't become favorites until I've read the whole thing and know the whole story, and then it mak ...more
Kathy
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
Giveaway + Interview with Marcia on my blog (ends 12/31)

I know there was a short ebook in the past but I just read the new extended printed version which was 270 pages of fabulous. Another great book by Marcia Lynn McClure. I've yet to come across one of Marcia's books I have not LOVED! Nothing more than kissing but boy she can make me blush with the sexual tension & passion of those kisses. Looking forward to the companion novel The Windswept Flame!!!
Heidi
An even better read the second time. I love Marcia's western characters!
Breanna
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This has probably been one of my favorite books of hers. It was absolutely wonderful!
Annalisa
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic western romance with a little of everything in it. It is a prequel to "Windswept Flame" but neither book requires that you read the other to have understanding of the story line. Slater and Lark's story is great, I'm sure I will read it again.

Amazon Product Description:
Lark Lawrence was alone. In all the world there was no one who cared for her. Still, there were worse things than independence-and Lark had grown quite capable of providing for herself. Nevertheless, as winter
Courtney
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing like curling up with one of McClure's books in an evening! Yummy!! I love the way Marcia describes here heroes in her books and this one has to be one of my favorites!! There is two rough and rugged cowboys that decide to take-in young Lark when she shows up on their doorstep looking for work and a place to stay for winter! The older of the Slater boys is not too thrilled with the idea of Lark working there especially when he can't seem to get her out of his mind!!

My favorite th
Kathryn Cooper
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on Kathryn Cooper Writes

Weathered Too Young was such a fun escape! I love all of Marcia’s books.

You can’t think of this book like a fast paced movie that many of the Young Adult books can be. This was more like a marathon that had a normal pace for a long distance which I loved and enjoyed. It was so entertaining because of the amazing characters and scenery.

Prepare for this read by getting a country accent. It was annoying at times to read an accent, but then it was charming. I’m fro
Lisa C.
I've read a number of this author's books and discovered they're hit or miss. This one was kind of middle of the road. For the most part, I enjoyed the story, especially Lark's ability to provide for herself. I felt the writing didn't have a lot of depth, though, and Slater's messing with Lark's head, kissing, teasing and then completely ignoring her was pretty childish.

The male characters were strong, handsome, hard working, but apparently couldn't form a coherent sentence. Historically, men di
Alisa
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I first read this several years ago... I just finished re-reading it as part of Swoon Fest 2014 (http://bookwormnation.blogspot.com/20...) where a bunch of us are reading (or re-reading) Marcia Lynn McClure's books this month.

Lark Lawrence felt fortunate to find work in a warm home that would tide her over the cold winter months. What she didn't expect was to find a place where she felt so completely accepted and like she was part of a family. She didn't expect to fall in love with Slater Evans
Kathy Jo
*sigh* Still a 5 star book after reading it for the third time!

Slater Evans likes to think he's a mean ol' cuss but really he's just a big ol' teddy bear who's extremely protective of his family and loved ones. Lark Lawrence is an orphan that just wants to feel safe, warm and loved. Enter in Tom Evans who hires her on the spot to do the cooking and cleaning for him and his brother. And what do you get after that?! Why you get a little adventure... a love story... laughter... tears... and my favo
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Jul 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book.
I had a hard time putting it down. I like to read to relax before going to bed, but this book kept me wide awake turning the pages and then obsessing over it, making it impossible to sleep.

This is a love story. Lark comes to the Evans home looking for work, and a way to stay warm, because winter is around the corner. Tom Evans hires her, but it is his older brother Slater who captures her heart.
Tori
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-re-read
Hot, fun read.

Reread 10/11/2014: Oh Slater... I knew I loved The Windswept Flame, which is the sequel to this book, but I couldn't remember if I really loved Weathered Too Young. Welp - I do. I'm so glad I read it again. Slater is hot. Period. And he's a (view spoiler) which makes him double hot. haha

Chrissy
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. It was a cute, fluff read. I gotta say that the age difference bothered me a bit (She is almost 19 and he's 30). And why didn't she fall for Tom? He was so nice! Why the ornery one? Although it worked out and he wasn't so ornery after all. It was a nice happily, ever after. I admit to skimming some of Lark's thoughts but it was an easy read. I felt I had to read something for "swoon fest," lol!!
Haley
I got this book today in the mail and decided to read it. My nook/phone and computer have really been hurting my eyes and I wanted a paperback.

This was a really really good one. I would have liked Slater to remain aloof a little longer but other than that this was a great read. I liked Larks little secret, there at the end. I knew it had to be something like that, but it was surprising. A fun, fast paced, greatly entertaining read!
Jim
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I loved the story and the plot. Even though it's a clean read I grew weary of her wanting him to kiss her (every page) and him wanting to bed her (every other page)but practicing mammoth self restraint. Also, for a man who was a legendary Texas Ranger he sure got faked out by a greenhorn outlaw and a veteren crazy he'd already spent a long time bringing to Yuma. Still, I enjoyed the read and the character development beyond the frequent comments to hold their harmones at bay.
Heather
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. The best part of the book was how Mrs. McClure really made the characters feel real. The entire time I was reading this book, Slater and Tom Evan was real to me. The main thing was the way they talked. You can't help but hear the western accent and slow, smoky drawl of a cowboy with words like 'purty', 'yer' and 'hankerin'. The teasing brothers were also a delight to read.
Katie W
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute, romantic cowboy story!! Lark has no one and is trying to find a place to stay for the winter. No one in town is hiring, but a cowboy directs her to two brothers, who just lost their housekeeper/cook. The one brother hires her right away and the adventure begins. Loved it!!
Gayle
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2011
I think this has been my favorite Marcia Lynn McClure book so far -- loved the characters, the setting and the twists at the end. (Like her other books, it's certainly not classic literature, but my favorite escape!)
Alysia
Oct 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This has become my new favorite MLM book. It may be because I relate with the characters. Without wanting to give anything away, Slater is my kind of MAN...really! And Lark has guts...the sassy little thing (maybe I'm a little like her...?)
I have read this book several times and love it each time. I love Slater Evans! He's seems like such a grump but he's had a hard life so I don't blame him. Lark Lawrence sweet and caring person. Love the little twist in it. Marcia is awesome!
Haley
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read the smaller ebook and gave it four stars. Marcia just came out with the full novel and I loved it. I really liked the changes that she made and of course the additions. Way better then the ebook (which was still really good).
Sandy
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Aaaahhh, another Marcia western to savor. This is classic Marcia with all of the elements we love: an endearing dose of cheese, a bit of mystery, and some steamy clean kisses. Is she sprinkling a narcotic over these pages because I just can't stop reading!
Valerie Waters
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a good book and a good story but it was the same story again. I would like to see the nice brother that she meets first to be the one in the end instead of it always being the brooding, grumpy, ornery, mean other brother. Same story. Different book.
Madison Mega-Mara...: "Weathered Too Young" by Marcia Lynn McClure 1 2 May 13, 2014 08:16AM
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Jayhawk
  • Hearts Through Time
  • The Kissing Tree
  • Before the Dawn
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • Marian's Christmas Wish - Just a simple Christmas Wish -- but not simple when Love is at Stake
  • The Heart's Warrior (Medieval Romance Trilogy #1)
  • The Commander's Desire
  • A Wanted Man
  • Loyalty's Web (Poitevin Hearts, #1)
  • An Unexpected Kiss (Christmas in Snow Valley #1)
  • Montana Summer
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more

Evans Brothers (2 books)
  • The Windswept Flame

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Ol’ Tom, he’s a good ol’ boy…always smilin’. But I seen Eldon Pickering in town last week—he cowboys for” 1 likes