Start by marking “The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre, #2)

The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  339 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Beneath the Kremlin lies a shocking ancient truth.
And it’s about to be stolen.…

Since the times of Ivan the Terrible, generations of Russian leaders have turned the Kremlin into a fortress within a fortress, stocking its labyrinthine underground with secret vaults, elegant chambers, and priceless treasures. Now a master thief has the ultimate motivation to stage an assault
Published December 26th 2007 by Dell (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Thieves Of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thieves Of Faith

Sep 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad story. I find myself reading these book equivalent of summer movie blockbusters more often lately - mainly because a friend of mine gave me a stack of books that she is done with. This type of story - lots of chases, mysteries to be solved, hard-nosed bad guys and harder-nosed good guys, nick of time escapes, etc - aren't my usual fare, but I do enjoy them when I read one. Thieves of Faith is a good one, very enjoyable. *Spoiler* I like the fact that, as opposed to many other similar b ...more
Jan 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel did it good on this one. I love the complicated scenarios and botched jobs that suddenly turn out OK. The relationship between Michael and Susan evolves with trust and through the struggles they went through. They realized that the other was of substantial material also. The switches that Michael puts everyone through keep the story going.
May 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal follow-up to his first book The Thieves of Heaven. This time, Michael St. Pierre has to infiltrate a secret treasure trove under the Kremlin in order to save the life of the father who abandoned him at birth. Again, well-written and exciting. And I think I may have enjoyed this more than the first. If you like the Dan Brown books, you will enjoy these.
Lewis Weinstein
Rapid unrelenting action with many 'players.' An international thriller set in New York, Moscow and Corsica. Not entirely believable but so what.
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
should be a movie!
Sep 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. If I would chose for my leaving examination Russian I will have great information about Kreml for that examination.
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wanted to look ve thos book so much. Unfortunately it was ridiculously repetitive. Michael was impressed with Susan about a trillion times, felt like it was all in the proximity of 30 pages too. There was little conversation among characters but everything was exchanged in "anger". No one was patient. A little bizarre. The story has promise and wasn't a total waste but I was skimming pages to get past all the overdone descriptives. Might consider another book before I give a total thumbs down.
Threasa Jenkins
A very exciting book by Richard Doetsch. It is the second in the Michael St. Pierre series, and there is more action that you would have in a lifetime. There isn't a dull moment in the book. A box is hidden under the Kremlin that holds a mystery that may change the world.
Peter McLaughlin
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes reality and put it though a meat grinder. Should only read by people on gilligans island, because that's how believable it is. If there were negative stars this disaster deserves some. Sorry, do not enjoy leaving poor reviews but couldn't remain silent.
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the writing was so horrible I only got to page 97 and gave up.
It also was badly edited, with repeating phrases a few pages apart .

I do not want to read anything else by this author.
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: russia
Blood Rose Books
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You do not read the first book within this series Thieves of Heaven as this book does do a great job in filling most of the back story. However, Thieves of Heaven is a fantastic read and I think you should read it just for that basis.
Richard Doetsch brings Michael St. Pierre who is given an assignment of impossible proportion, breaking into the Kremlin:
Michael St. Pierre was a master thief who has been trying to stay in retirement and recover from the death of his wife, but Michael is about
Dwight Weatherford
Good but predictable

While the book kept my interest and I like it I was able to figure out what was going to happen to the characters and story line 3 to 4 chapters ahead
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
The Thieves of Faith really is just not good enough. It's not entirely in dreadful Clive Kussler territory, but in the foothills of such absurdity, that's for sure.

The story is something or other to do with breaking into The Kremlin after some golden box with something in it, or maybe with nothing in it, to help save some woman who may or may not be dead. Mostly.

The villains are 100% bad, but with, of course, what the author is obviously convinced is absolutely impeccable taste and the illicitly
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I wish I could divide this book into halves and review them separately. The first part of the book, the background and the set up, dragged for me, and I would give it two stars, two and a half at best. The writing somehow got dramatically worse from the first novel to the second (when does that happen?), and there was way too much telling versus showing. Suddenly I had to have the complete backstory for every character, including why a lot of otherwise minor villains had turned evil. In all hone ...more
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd in the series featuring Michael St Pierre.
You gotta love this thief who is always one step ahead of everyone else.

Again, another one that I could not put down until I read the very last sentence..I will say I was really happy on this one that it ended the way it should!

Michael has been left a note from his wife Mary, to find his parents.
Michael was given up for adoption but never wanted to find his parents as his adopted parents were all he needed..But Mary's last wish is that he
May 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before I write this review let me just say that I stalled about a quarter of the way through this book.

With that said, I don't think the book was the reason I stalled.

Once I picked it back up it was a non-stop page turner.

I ended up really liking it.

Very fast paced and action packed. The only drawback was that now I need to go read the first one in this series (although, I didn't know it was a 2nd book, you can easily read this without reading the first.)
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is a novel in the style of Davinci Code, just without the great writing and only mediocre plot twists. Journey to an underground world beneath the Kremlin in order to stop a madman from acquiring a sacred ancient relic. There were a few typos and at times I felt like the author put chapters in just to fill pages. An easy read, but not a great one by any means.
Jul 14, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Thieves of Heaven was a much better book than this one, however this was still an excellent read. Doetsch's novel reads like an awesomely bad action movie; I don't think he's completely honed his writing skills yet, but it's still very entertaining. It doesn't really pick up until the second half, but from that moment on you will not be able to put it down.
Bella Richardson
The story line is ok....a bit unbelievable, of course. The back history of Russia and the Kremlin is cool. Quick read, with a blockbuster feel. I enjoy books like this that are entertaining, that just make me think a little.
Phil Deschler
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Phil by: Wife
Excellent thriller with plenty of twists and turns. The story takes you around the world with excitement at every turn of the page. From America to Russia, then under the Kremlin and a flight away for Russia to Corsica. There was danger and death at every turn.
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
A page turner, and although some cliché points, still a very good read! First book is not available, didn't appear to have any references to precluded understanding this one. Looking forward to the next one!
Shane Stafslien
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another stellar story from Mr. Doetsch, now onto The Thieves of Darkness!
Lee Ann
Nov 23, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, i-ll-get-to-it
Tom Hooker
A thriller written in the Ludlum style. A good story, but too many twists and "gotchas." By the end of the story, I was too tired to say it was enjoyable.
Nov 12, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
found this hard to get into. have put it on the bottom of the stack to read, may dispose of it instead. 10/09
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

( Feira do Livro 2017 )
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good, but a little too long.
Andreea Tanase
Too Dan Brown-ish.
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am reading this one as an ebook!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Echo of the Reich (Chris Bronson, #5)
  • On the Fifth Day (Thomas Knight, #1)
  • The Gilded Seal (Tom Kirk, #3)
  • Battle for Atlantis (Atlantis, #6)
  • Ice Reich
  • The Big Law (Phil Broker, #2)
  • The Sacred Blood
  • The Eden Prophecy (Hawker & Laidlaw, #3)
  • El ladrón de tumbas
  • Ghost Dance
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • Outer Perimeter
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • Turncoat
  • Sweepers
  • Fun Facts about Pets
  • Callsign: King II - Underworld (Chess Team, #4)
  • Atlantic Fury
The Thieves of Legend arrives November 27th.

Early Praise:
"The Thieves of Legend stole my breath with the sheer audacity of its storytelling, proving yet again that this series gets better with every installment. Bold, richly told, and rollicking with adventure, here is a thriller that demands to be read in one tension-wrought sitting. Count me a fan for life!"
James Rollins, New York Times Bests
More about Richard Doetsch...

Michael St. Pierre (4 books)
  • The Thieves Of Heaven (Michael St. Pierre #1)
  • The Thieves Of Darkness (Michael St. Pierre, #3)
  • The Thieves Of Legend (Michael St. Pierre, #4)

Fiction Deals

• Vanessa and Her Sister
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The King's Mistress
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Sun (The Northern Lights Series, No 3)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Cement Garden (Ian McEwan Series Book 2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Under the Wide and Starry Sky
  • Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen
    $14.95 $1.99
  • The Cove
    $7.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Bagombo Snuff Box
  • The High Mountains of Portugal
  • The Cat's Pajamas: Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Thistle and the Rose (Tudor Saga, #8)
  • The Burgess Boys
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Tibetan Book of the Dead: The Great Liberation through Hearing in the Bardo (Shambhala Classics)
  • Skinny Legs and All
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • July, July
  • Clock Without Hands
  • The Most Dangerous Place on Earth
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Waiting for Morning (Forever Faithful, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99