Start by marking “Tutoring Lady Jane” as Want to Read:
Tutoring Lady Jane

Tutoring Lady Jane

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  154 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
In Georgian London anything goes, and Gavin Reynolds, Viscount Grayson makes certain he experiences everything life amongst the ton affords him.

Lady Jane Westbury is an unassuming wallflower who harbors a secret desire for the rakish and masterful viscount. Yearning to be the type of the woman to attract male attention, Jane bravely enlists the viscount's assistance.

Toge
Published November 2010 by New Concepts Publishing (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Tutoring Lady Jane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tutoring Lady Jane

Christopher
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As always, my ratings are relative. For a historical romance novella with erotic elements, it was well deserving of 5 stars. It was a surprising meaningful tale of the (fairly) innocent widow finding happiness with a mixed race gentleman who wants to be seen for more than his sexual prowess.
Sherri
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I really enjoyed this short read. I would have rated it a 4 or 5 except that it was so short. I felt there could have been a bit more to the story. It seemed to concentrate on the thoughts and feelings of the hero and not shed enough light on the heroine quite enough. I could have appreciated a tad more interaction with other characters to lend to the premise of the story. overall it was a fast and easy flowing read just a tad lacking in volume and substance. I will say that I adored the ending ...more
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Anna D.
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: plus-side, books-i-own, hr
The H/h have terrible insecurity issues. Jane with her body because she was emotionally abused by her husband who thought her voluptuousness was unattractive and then was publicly humiliated when her husband was caught dead at his mistress’ bed. Gavin is insecure about being a “half-breed.” He has enough of his mother’s Indian blood that he stands out as exotic – and not in a good way - within the English ton. Even with his wealth and title, he doesn’t feel like he truly belongs with his peers e ...more
Michelle Connolly
If what you're looking for is a short quick steamy read then this is it.
It has quite a lot of good sexy scenes in it and I liked the characters - being on the plump side myself I could easily relate to Jane - but the plot was something I've read way too often recently and because the story is so short there isn't much depth to it.
Still, it's a very enjoyable read for a quiet afternoon on the couch.

Btw, there was one "tiny" detail that really bugged me the whole time I read it - which is proba
Jen
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a short but super sexy read. Gavin and Jane both have some deep rooted insecurities. She's "plain and plump" and he's a titled part english, part indian man at a time when that was looked down upon. These insecurites made me both root for them to end up together because they obviously loved each other and at the same time made me want to shake them so they'd 'fess up to how they felt. This is my first Charlotte Featherstone book but I've had Sinful in my tbr pile for a good, long while. ...more
Anna
Jul 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency, erotic, romance
Things I liked:
- A different heroine (plump and unremarkable)
- How the hero makes her to believe she is beautiful.
- The sex scences are full of tenderness, yet they are steaming hot
Thing I not liked so much:
- I couldn't quite understand why he finds her so appealing. He says she is a real lady, but we do not get to really know her.

I agree that Sinful is better, but Tutoring Lady Jane is a goodread.
Yue
I liked this book more than I thought I would. The author is really good. She used elements that are not very original in a Historical Romance (a plump, plain Jane; a scandalous rake; the typical "I want to be your mistress to learn the acts of love" plot, etc) but she represented the characters so well. I could feel that they were in love, not the other way where the narrator tells us but there are no proof other than her word.

Because Jane asks Gavin to teach her how to be good in bed (basicall
Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Ummm...okay. Talk about "Hot for Teacher"! What an incredibly short, sweet, wild romp of a read in history. How nice it is to see a former wallflower come (for the first time!) into her own (literally and figuratively).

That was bad, wasn't it? Oh, well. It was a goodread, another emotional read from Ms. Featherstone (though not as much as Addicted and Sinful).
adoree
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Haaaaa, le beau livre que voilà! J'ai ADORE le héros. La relation entre les héros est parfaite. Ils se valent. C'est une histoire d'amour passionnée et passionnante. Pas de mièvreries. Une évolution de sentiment continuelle. La fin se construit. On ne s'attend pas aux évènements. Encore une fois, CF fait de petites étincelles en sortant de temps à autres des schémas pré-établit. Bref, un livre comme je les aime.
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
To me, this is one of those books that really isn't anything special amongst all those mega brilliant books out there, it's not in my top 10 or 20 or even 50, but for some reason it is just one of those books that I love. Can't explain it, there's just something about this little book that I like. I've re-read it a number of times. Just like really it!
Alina
Jan 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
An obvious, but otherwise pale imitation of The Lady's Tutor by Robin Schone, which is a 5-star book in the genre of erotic romance. This does not come close, and only annoyed me. I was supremely disappointed, especially after being pleasantly surprised by Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone.
Mey Buentipo
It was a nice plot. The start of the story is good, but waned as the story progressed. I got tired of the h/h. I got tired that they are only going on circles and not addressing their issue. It should have been great the heroine is also straight forward. Well 2 stars for this.
Erin
Apr 07, 2012 rated it liked it
sweet. & steamy.
PNR
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: chubby-heroine
There was a good bit of angst and insecurity but this only barely made it to three stars. I liked it but I think I am coming out of my historical romance phase for a little while.
Jamie
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie
Short and relies on your typical rake / insecure heroine but I liked the way the hero expressed himself... and it's definitely erotic.
Maddux
Short and quick, but a very enjoyable read.
Barbara
  • Warlord
  • The Lady Flees Her Lord
  • A Gentleman Seduced
  • Courting Claudia
  • Carnally Ever After (Ever After Novellas #1)
  • Prelude to Heaven
  • Holly-Day
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Every Night I'm Yours (The Spinster Club, #1)
  • Wounded Hearts
  • Sexting Curves
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Unmasking Kelly (Courage Brothers of Texas, #Prequel)
  • Double Plush Velvet (Velvet, #1)
Hi I write erotic historical romance for Harlequin Spice, as well as erotic paranormal romance under the name Sophie Renwick. In 2011, I'll be debuting my mainstream, Victorian set historicals through HQN.

I love talking about books, and have found some new friends, and really good book recommends here on Goodreads. I really love this community.

More about Charlotte Featherstone...
“He was drowning, he finally admitted. Drowning in the allure of Lady Jane Westbury.” 1 likes
“I love your taste, my shundori," he murmured, and she felt his body tense beneath her. "I can't get enough of it. I can't get enough of you.” 1 likes