Start by marking “Immortal Remains (Weirdsville, #2)” as Want to Read:
Immortal Remains (Weirdsville, #2)

Immortal Remains

(Weirdsville #2)

Four freak accidents. Four mysterious deaths. Four signs of trouble. Welcome back to Weirdsville…

"You see, the girls that died – it wasn't by accident. They were cursed, every one of them. Cursed to meet a horrible death… And I'm going to be next."

Four girls from posh school Riverbank have been killed in seemingly random but freakish ways and it’s not long before Bethan an
Paperback, 1st edition, 232 pages
Published September 2nd 2010 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks

Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Nearly Departed so I was looking forward to revisiting Woodsville and the characters in Immortal Remains. I was expecting a creepy read but Rook Hastings outdid herself and Immortal Remains was positively scary in places. If you're a fan of ghost stories then I'd highly recommend this series but you might have to sleep with the lights on afterwards!

We were already introduced to the main characters in Nearly Departed but we get to know them even better in Immortal Remains. Hashim
Anna Mist
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The summary was pretty impressive so I decided to but this book. However, the writing style, initially, seemed pretty boring. I soon discovered I couldn't be more wrong. The love 'quadrilateral' was effing up my emotions but it was so realistic and addictive that I couldn't keep it down. Truly, Hastings described everything precisely- from the emotions to the spooks.
I totally love horror but none has satisfied me as much as this.
Drama? Check.
Creepy ghosts? Check.
Death? Check.
Flickering lights?
I enjoyed this book, after the last one ended with jay running away from another version of himself, I was really intrigued to find out what would happen next. we find out the other vision of Jay was a ghost omen, and most of the book is from Jay's viewpoint then the others, overall this part of the book was good and interesting, but I think it would have been better if Jay's other self visited him more then twice.
I was surprised that we didn't really learn anything extra about the army of the d
Krystle
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a shame that this series wasn't picked up for more books it had the potential to be one of those great spooky, long running paranormal mystery solving kinda deals.
Emma
Apr 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
For me this is the eagerly anticipated sequel to Nearly Departed. The chilling modern tale of a ghost-busting gang of high school students. I had been warned how scary this one was so I think I had mentally prepared myself.

The sequels starts with the apparent suicide of 4 teenage girls, all from the same school. This is very topical for me as you will know if you saw my Saturday Spotlight on Bullying a few weeks age. The beginning immediately sets a dramatic and tense atmosphere, plunging the r
Mark
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Picking up a short while after the events of “Nearly Departed” (the first Weirdsville book) - and assuming a working knowledge of said book - this has the gang of ghosthunters almost at breaking point. Jay has seen something that has shaken him to the core, Bethan has set up a ghost blog and made herself the target of ridicule and Kelly is being pulled back to the ‘in-crowd’ though she doesn’t really want to be. As for Hashim, he’s had enough of seeing ghosts everywhere and wants nothing more to ...more
Sammee (I Want to Read That)
4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed Nearly Departed so I was looking forward to this one. I am pleased to say I think it's even better!

Taking place shortly after the events of the first book we have some new ghostly goings-on to deal with. This time it's a possible curse and the group decide to investigate. With Hashim avoiding them in order to live a 'normal' life and Jay worried about what his 'encounter' really means we have quite a bit going on!

I've got to say I think this may have been even creepier
Veronica Morfi
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin with Immortal Remains. Well, I loved the first book Nearly Departed and this one was even better in some ways (if that's even possible).

Kelly, Bethan, Jay and Hashim have some trouble hanging with each other after what happened at the ending of the last book(no spoilers). As they are driven apart something or someone is about to bring them back together. There has been four freak accidents, leaving four dead girls at a private school near them. When Charlotte, a girl form that
Dede
I adore this series. I'm really loving the characters and the main plot arc about Woodsville, but this book wasn't as strong for me as the first one. I did like the plot about the accidents the girls were having, and I also liked the plot about Jay's doppelganger. I just wish they'd explored that second one a bit more, though I think that the reason it's probably not given a conclusion is that it's going to be sorted out in the third book (where is the third book?!?!?!? I can't believe it's not ...more
Natasha
Mar 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
I liked this book, but where’s the next book? The author (who writes under other names as well) seems to have just disappeared online; it reminds me of when I used to read fanfiction when I was younger and authors would just stop writing, leaving me feeling annoyed that I’d bothered to invest time in the story in the first place (as well as money in this case). That’s the reason for the 1 star, not the story, which was actually quite enjoyable. Sorry!
Dani-Marie Watson
Hi fans.
Do you know that both of the books were written in 2010.
And the 3rd one is still not out... I keep searching the internet for information, but even articles and reviews and things are years old.
Could something have happened to MS. Hastings to prevent her from finishing the series?
Does anyone know any other information?
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really loved this book it has everything i was looking for ghosts, romance, action and mystery. enjoyed everything about it.

i can't wait to see what happens to this complicated group of friends.
Nem
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Another girl form Woodwile American girl Charllote said she'll be the next to die after she lost her 4 best friend. she beg them to help her..
They helped and she free. but Jay and Bethan left in the hospital..cos they were fighting with the ghost whatever that is...
kinda Good..!!
SarahLouise=]
Nov 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Weirdsville #3 2 11 Jun 19, 2012 01:12PM
  • My So-Called Phantom Lovelife (Afterlife, #3)
  • Spirits of the Noh (The Waking, #2)
  • The Screaming Season (Possessions, #3)
  • Kiss, Date, Love, Hate
  • Almost True (When I Was Joe, #2)
  • Wasted
  • One Seriously Messed-Up Week in the Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite (Jack Samsonite, #1)
  • Beads, Boys and Bangles (Threads, #2)
  • Spellcaster: Book of Magick
  • Scarlett Dedd
  • Have a Little Faith (Faith, #1)
  • Della Says: OMG!
  • The Twice-Lived Summer of Bluebell Jones
  • Take Two (Waiting for Callback #2)
  • Dead Romantic
  • Mortal Chaos (Mortal Chaos, #1)
  • The Reason (Ghost Huntress, #3)
  • Rich and Mad
Rook Hastings has been a writer of fiction for eight years. With a life long fascination for the paranormal, Rook has lived in two haunted houses. Once as a child, when an invisible ghost cat would make Rook break out in an allergic rash whenever it brushed by, and once as an art student when a recently deceased former housemate caused all sorts of spooky goings on for a whole year. Rook now lives ...more

Weirdsville (2 books)
  • Nearly Departed (Weirdsville, #1)