Start by marking “Renaissance Man” as Want to Read:
Renaissance Man

Renaissance Man

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Rare book dealer Alina Corey decided to live like the heroine of her favorite Renaissance book, presiding over a court of glittering literati, a witty distance from love. It worked - until Jared Troy, a combative history scholar she knew only through his letters, suddenly appeared in the flesh, challenging her to a passion as grand as her dreams.

Jared's powers of persuasio
Published 1983 by Silhouette Desire (first published November 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Renaissance Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renaissance Man

Lakshmi C
RTC
Sherry
Oct 28, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
I really enjoyed this book, which surprised me a bit. The copy I have came in an anthology with Velvet Touch, which I did not like. Usually with these JAK compilation books the stories tend to be very similar in tone and writing style. But Renaissance Man had none of the problems that plagued Velvet Touch and I really believed that Alina and Jared were desperately in love with each other at the end.

The premise of the story is that Alina and Jared are both singularly in love with the tale of a co
Farah
Sep 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: books, grandma-era
I liked it , it started a little slow but got interesting later on. Alina was a pleasant character , she's feisty in an admirable and humorous way , she has a sense of loyalty and confronts her problems head on. Jared was too arrogant and domineering at the beginning but he loosened up nicely later on. The relationship between them was a bit odd but it developed nicely though the mention of Francesco and Battista was a little over done , it shadowed the story a bit as it was supposed to be a lit ...more
ImNobodyWhoRU
Sep 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I bought this book I didn't realize it was a republishing of an early Harliquin type book. It is obvious however at page one. It's certainly not up to her current standards of writing. That I can forgive, also the trite phrases I can ignore, but the gratuitous use of the exclamation point was so annoying! It was very other sentence! No one exclaims that much! I found it very distracting! Uggh.
Maria
A 1982 publication of Jayne Ann Krentz, this book was about what I would expect of her writing at that time. The dialogue, plot, and characters are not as deeply developed as in her later works, yet I still re-read these books every other year in spite of the contrived and repetitious dialogue.
Murphy
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jayne-ann-krentz
I really enjoyed this book. Her characters are always different than expected. I enjoyed all of her 80's books and took them for the era they were in and what was selling. I do wish they were all in Kindle Format!
Linda
May 12, 2013
Maryanne Hubbert
Jan 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jayne Ann Castle was born in Borrego Springs, California. Her mother, Alberta Castle, raised her with her two brothers, Stephen and James. In 1970, she obtained a B.A in History at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and later she obtained a Masters degree in Library Science from San Jose State University, where she met Frank Krentz, an engineer. After her graduation, they married and moved ...more
More about Stephanie James