Start by marking “My Family, The Jacksons” as Want to Read:
My Family, The Jacksons

My Family, The Jacksons

Published November 15th 1990 by St. Martin's Press (first published October 1990)

To ask other readers questions about My Family, The Jacksons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Family, The Jacksons

Nada
“Michael is amazing. I’m not saying that because he’s my son; I really do find him that way. When he is with a celebrity, he “grows up” to their age. But then he has his candy store and his doll collection, and he rolls around on the floor with his nieces and nephews as if he were a child. He’s young. He’s old. As I said, he's amazing.”

Katherine Jackson is her children's biggest fan. That's what the first and last thought that stayed in my mind while and after I finished reading her only autobio
Serenity
Aug 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One thing that stood out for me from this book was Mrs. Jackson's relationship with her son Michael. She shared how he was a very determined and focused young man. She said that one that he kept his room immaculate for one year but after that he went back to messy. I loved her sharing that aspect of Michael. She shares little nuances about her family that will make you smile.

I read the book when it first came out so I definitely need to dig out my copy and reread it!
Ro
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is very old, but I love MJ and am finding it FASCINATING to learn the truth about the rise of the Jackson 5, how they got started and to get a glimpse, from mom's point of view, as to what Michael was like as a child and how they lived. Love it, though written as snippets of recollections - not one story.
Ronda
Sep 06, 2009 rated it did not like it
As a mother of 9 I was disappointed that the book only had 62 pages. I have 8 kids, 2 stepkids and 8 grandsons and I could write more than 62 pages on just 1 of my children or grandchildren. Very minimal content and reading.
Amy P.
Jun 27, 2009 rated it liked it
An interesting, an honest look, into the lives of the Jackson family written by the matriach of the family. Perhaps this book is not as juicy as some people would like, but I think it is a good foundation for beginning to understand some things about this family.
Lenette Graham
I gave this book a low rating because it didn't really grab my attention. I loved all the pictures though.
Ashlove65hotmail.Om
Oct 30, 2017
Shanda
Oct 19, 2011
Whatzup Chris
rated it did not like it
Aug 04, 2013