Start by marking “The Complete Book of Butchering, Smoking, Curing, and Sausage Making: How to Harvest Your Livestock & Wild Game” as Want to Read:

Here’s the ideal hands-on guidebook for self-sufficient farmers, ranchers, and hunters with step-by-step instructions on butchering beef, venison, pork, lamb, poultry, and goats. Time-tested advice on how to cure the meat by smoking or salting helps you preserve your harvest. A final section explains how to make sausages. Numerous mouth-watering recipes are included.
Published September 10th 2010 by Voyageur Press

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Butchering, Smoking, Curing, and Sausage Making

Start your review of The Complete Book of Butchering, Smoking, Curing, and Sausage Making: How to Harvest Your Livestock & Wild Game
Simon
Jul 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Butchers, meat lovers
So much MEAT! This book got me craving far more than the classic three meats of Beef, Pork, and Chicken.
I want to sink my teeth into Rabbit, Quail, and Venison!
Now, all these foreign meats are far more bang for your buck, but I need to overlook food cost, so that I can truly appreciate culinary mastery.

But before the food hits the plate, the animal must be killed. And along with the guts and gore of the pictures (which main color was red) I got to know the locations of some of the best cuts of
Bryan Lee
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very informative. I'm trying to get back to my roots by butchering my own livestock along with the wild game I currently do (have done at the moment due to the lack of refrigerated space to hang the deer.). I soon hope to have the space I need to do both domestic and wild animals and keep my freezers full for a fraction of the cost.
Fernleaf
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has REAL photos of the butchering process, supremely helpful for those who are looking to be a little closer to their food source. I can't wait to try out the techniques described here to process some of my own game. Also has a few recipes scattered throughout.
Sharon
Apr 21, 2014
Marlee
rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2013
Andrew Brentnall
Aug 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Everyday Super Food
  • The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)
  • The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
  • Deadpool by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection, Volume 1
  • Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)
  • The Novice (Summoner, #1)
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary - Prima Official Game Guide