Start by marking “Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #2)

Fables

(Fables: The Deluxe Editions, #2)

As Snow White slowly recovers from a bullet to the brain, she and Bigby spend a lot of time in each other's company. But when they announce that they'll be vacationing together, all of Fabletown is shocked...and not just because Snow White has never taken a holiday before. The twosome's sudden departure from New York City -- and the deadly peril they're about to fall into ...more
Hardcover, Deluxe Edition, 264 pages
Published November 23rd 2010 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about Fables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fables

Bookishrealm
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was just as good as the first time I read it. The first time I read them as single trade paperbacks and I loved them. I was so happy to finally get back into the world of fables and read more about the characters. If you haven't picked up this series then I would definitely recommend picking it up as soon as possible.
Shannon Appelcline
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, comics-indy
Bag O’ Bones. This American Jack story is a lot of fun. I would have much preferred to see these in the Jack of Fables series than what we got [7+/10].

Two-Part Caper. Another fun story, particularly for its intro of Briar Rose and for seeing a bunch of characters work together who we usually wouldn’t expect to. (I really miss Jack in the Fables comic!) Unlike the caper that kicks off Legends in Exile, this one feels important to the comic as a whole (though still a different sort of story than w
Erica
I'm still pretty meh on these new deluxe editions...I say after reading only the second one.

Like Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1, re-reading this was much less enjoyable than reading those stories had been the first time around.
I'm still blaming Saga, Volume 4. It ruins everything.

There were some stories in here I still enjoyed. There were some I didn't.
And the Wolf Meets Snow And Her Sister story at the end of this volume, wasn't it illustrated when it first came out? Like, in comic format,
Alexa
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
FIRST THOUGHTS: I just ship Snow and Bigby with my whole being, okay? Also, Boy Blue's story
Iratxe Santamaría
Espectacular como siempre. Fábulas nunca decepciona !!!!!
Niyura
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Me sigue encantando, aunque los cambios de dibujante me desespera.
Akke
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, comics, dutch
*4.25 stars
pretty fucking great.
Alex
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: american-indies
Really good second volume, these next 10 issues don't go much into progressing the main plot rather than doing some world-building and character development of main and second protagonists. It was interesting, both the sub-plots of Boy Blue and Jack of Tales, the small scrpit at the end about Bigby's background was excellent.

Enjoying this series so far through and through. Only reason I didn't give the 5 out of 5 is the continuous change of illustrators. It'll take some time for me to oversee i
Larissa
Having finished the second Deluxe installment in Fables, I can now safely say that I am 'into' this series. By which I not only mean that I am really enjoying it, but also, that I am immersed enough to really feel compelled to continue. The story lines in this second book are less coherent as a whole--although they do continue the overall plot arc--but they work really well to expand the scope of the world and give you great (and wonderfully tangential) background on a lot of the characters. Jac ...more
Matt
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, graphic-novels
This edition contains issues 11-18 (volume 3 - Storybook Love) of the series, as well as 'Fables: The Last Castle' and "A Wolf in the Fold'. A special introduction from the author is also included. There was not a single weak point in any of the tales within this fancy hardback. The collection of stories is of a good variety and I enjoyed them all very much.

'The Last Castle' is a graphic novel, whereas 'A Wolf in the Fold' is an illustrated short story - both provided an interesting look into t
Amanda K
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I liked it, but half way through the style of the illustrations changed, the colors got a lot brighter, and the pictures became a lot less detailed. To me, that style didn't go as well with the story, it was too cartoony, I guess.
Chaitra
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, I was not completely taken with Jack of the Tales' story at the beginning of the book. Something about him puts me off, as I expect it's meant to. However, I really loved everything that followed it: Briar Rose - even if I thought even Bigby's "peaceful" resolution of the situation beyond creepy; Snow and Bigby's vacation - his wolf shape is gorgeous, and one of the panels showing the wolf and Snow sitting under a tree was my favorite of the whole collection; the Barleycorn brides story - ...more
Vlad
3.5/5 stars

This was great, if it isn't compared to the first volume. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but it was missing something, that something that made the story whole. This is the best I can explain it.

Finally, Goldilocks was dealt with. I've been waiting for this moment since 'Animal Farm', but I didn't even hope for such a gruesome, gory ending. Also, I thought this volume contains 10 issues, not 8, so I got a bit of a sneak peek on Red Riding Hood, and I'm HYPED for the next volume.
Gerardo B.
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simplemente maravilloso. Personajes perfectamente definidos, un excelente uso de los los clichés, renueva los lugares comunes y además pasa con fluidez de lo lúcido a lo trágico. Muy bien escrito y maravillosamente ilustrado.
Tommy Demsky
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
The second volume starts with a story about Jack set in civil war, in which he gets outed as much more sinister as his 'rougeish' persona suggested before. It wasn't a bad story, just nothing too special. 2,5/5

The second story in this volume is a bit more interesting. It shows how the Fables deal with humans who found about their secrets and it provided a lot of characterization for some of the Fables, which was nice. 4/5

The longest story in this book - The Storybook Love - had some good moments
Tar Buendía
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
La historia sigue en plena forma. Varias cosas no me las esperaba e, incluso en aquello que mi personalidad no encaja con el tipo de historia, no tengo excesivos problemas.

Muy muy muy recomendable. En cuanto avance más tengo que hacer un análisis profundo de esta colección. Da para mucho.
Ksusha
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not used to review graphic novels, but I'll try
This book contains of different stories, but all the characters are well-known fairy-tale characters.
They live in our world and have their own secret community and don't forget that there were not only good characters in fairy-tales. So they are actually trying to live (almost) normal live here, in our boring world. The first book was not so dark, but this one seems a bit hectic for me. I enjoyed Bigby&Snow White story though
Oh and I must s
Doreen
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: moco-library
The only problem with reading comics in their original single-issue format is that, if you're like me and disorganized and somewhat absent-minded (and thus, the kind of person who finds Goodreads a godsend for its ability to help me keep track of what I've read and what I haven't,) a lot of times, you don't remember whether you've read this or that issue or arc, especially if your comic-reading heyday was also when you moved around a lot a/o had to put books in the rather dubious care of family ...more
Estibaliz79
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
El segundo volumen de la edición de lujo no defrauda. Varios dibujantes, diversidad de estilos, pero manteniendo siempre el nivel de calidad artística muy alto.
Y esta vez, nos encontramos con arcos argumentales más prolongados e historias independientes que profundizan con gran belleza en el mundo de las Fábulas, incluyendo visitas al pasado llenas de magia y melancolía.
En breves, el tercer volumen.
Relstuart
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Building on the previous volume we see the next steps in some plotting to take control of the Fables community and a fantastic retrospective tale of Little Boy Blue and why he plays the blues. There is also some background on the Wolf and why he likes Snow White that really developed his character and made me a fan.
Christina Pilkington
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars

I had always been curious why the fables had to leave their homeland and come to our world, so I was excited to learn that this volume would go into those details. I found it fascinating! There is so much more depth to this graphic novel series than I had expected, and it makes me eager to read the next volume in the series very soon.
Samantha
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
ok, I'm finding these entertaining enough. they're not knocking my socks off but they're better than sandman. I mean, sandman was more original but so damn pretentious. I may have liked the art in sandman better; the art in fables just seems pretty nondescript. I'm moving through them pretty quickly.
Martin
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
[4.5]
Catherine
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The second deluxe edition was great! Snow is now pregnant with Bigby ' s child or children. Can't wait to see how the next section works out. The first story wasn't that great.
Aaron
Dec 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fables-unwritten
It's amazing how consistent Willingham is with these stories. Even the single-issue tales have a grand scope that sucks you into his thoroughly-imagined world.
Ints
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: komiksi
Stāsts Last Castle, bija vislabākais. Uzzinām, kas notika ar Sarkangalvīti.
Raj
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second deluxe edition of the Fables series collects a few short stories in the series as well as a longer story dealing with Bluebeard and his attempts to get rid of Snow and Wolf. We start with Bag o'Bones, a story about Jack, set during the American civil war. It's a fun piece showing off Jack in full trickster and shyster mode as he deserts from the Confederate army. From there, we return to the series 'present' as a journalist attempts to blackmail the Fables and the caper they get up to ...more
Dante Rassler
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5/5

Hey!
This volume is, for far, as I'm reading (and, just previously I read the first volume so I didn't reach that far on the series) my absolutely favourite. Let me explain myself. Here, the whole story goes fiercely slower. We don't have arcs to close or anything else, just stories to develop each character, and I have to say it, I'm not a really into comics person, I just started reading them really recently but I'm just assuming that this not-lineal-just-telling format is typical in comics;

• Y: The Last Man - The Deluxe Edition Book Four
  • 100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book I
  • The Absolute Sandman, Volume Five
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 3: Dead Man's Knock
  • Criminal: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 2
  • Hellboy, Volume 2: The Chained Coffin & The Right Hand of Doom and Others
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 1
In the late 1970s to early 1980s he drew fantasy ink pictures for the Dungeons & Dragons Basic and Expert game rulebooks. He first gained attention for his 1980s comic book series Elementals published by Comico, which he both wrote and drew. However, for reasons unknown, the series had trouble maintaining an original schedule, and Willingham's position in the industry remained spotty for many ...more

Fables: The Deluxe Editions, (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #1)
  • Fables (Fables: The Deluxe Edition, #3)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #4)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #5)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #6)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #7)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #8)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #9)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #10)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #11)