Start by marking “Anna Meets Her Match (Chatam House #1)” as Want to Read:
Anna Meets Her Match (Chatam House #1)

Anna Meets Her Match (Chatam House #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Take one uncontrollable little girl. Add a home infested with bees. Toss in former childhood nemesis Anna Burdett, and what single dad Reeves Leland gets is one big headache! His trio of matchmaking maiden aunts aren't helping matters. Neither is his attraction to Anna, now grown into a beautiful woman. The former wild child soon proves to be the perfect match for Reeves a ...more
Paperback, Large Print; Love Inspired #513, 218 pages
Published 2009 by Steeple Hill Books

To ask other readers questions about Anna Meets Her Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna Meets Her Match

Janet
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Anna Meets Her Match (2009) by Arlene James (Love Inspired)
This is a really nice book which I enjoyed a lot. Anna was a wonderful person who was dealing with her life as best she could. However she actually made a few things harder for herself as she was cutting off her nose to spite her face (as the saying goes). Reeves was also a very wonderful and caring person. When he meets Anna again all he remembers were the surface commotions she had always caused. As he gets to know her a bit better th
Pam
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian romance. First in a series. Three maiden aunts matchmaking for their nephew.
Lala Estrella
This was my first Christian fiction book that I have ever read.

The story of a brewing relationship between two people that thought they were unlikely for each other building a relationship with each other and God.

Truly a good read, but since the beginning I already knew that it'd have the fairytale ending for Reeves and Anna. I found Gilli to be very cute. The mother, Marissa, though ... she was something else!
Jen
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read or finish romances of any sort, let alone inspirational romances, but this was well written and I really enjoyed it. I didn't find it to be too preachy, though I did think it was kind of a stretch that the grandmother and granddaughter had such a poor relationship and that neither one, despite being Christian, was able to if not mend the relationship, at least communicate a little better. Again, not a bad book and glad I picked it up.
Brandy
Apr 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just EH! Kinda had a hard time getting into this one. The love story was good...If they'd concentrated MORE on Reeves and Anna Miranda's LOVE STORY then the Aunts and Grandma!...Gilli was ADORABLE with her kitty 'SPECIAL', who ONLY liked the little girl LOL!
Lisa Gregory
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good book, it is well written although it does kind of start out kind of blah. Anna's story draws you in and little Gilli is so adorable. Over all really good and worth the time to read.
IrenesBookReviews
I don't know if I didn't enjoy this book as much because it was all about a man in search of romance rather then a women or just a so so story. It is a clean Christian book but not the best of the Love Inspired series.
Carolyn
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: li-historical
I was reading some of the later books in this series when I realized I owned the first one, so I went back and read it -- I have to admit, it wasn't as good as some of the later ones, but I still like the characters and want to keep reading the rest of the Chatham House books.
Olean Public Library
-A house infected by bees is a recipe for disaster, as this book shows. An ok book.
Lacy Williams
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorites by this author--heroine really grabs your heart.
Karen
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna Miranda and Reeves Leland meet again after ten years, a broken marriage and a daughter Gilli. Can the brat really be the one for Reeves?
Wendi
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was awesome. I loved the prayer and the faith of a young man that was looking to God for help and to please Him. What a great book. Hope there is more like this one.
Jill
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
read a long time ago so don't really remember the story. Love Inspired series of books
adrienne member
3.7 stars because at first i wasn't sure of reeves' game plan and his feelings about anna and if he actually loved her or just wanted her as a mom for gilli.
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
anna finds true love with childhood crush Reeves.
Nancy
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Janelle
Nov 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 19, 2015 03:31PM
  • A Soldier's Reunion
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • A Family for Faith
  • Child of Grace
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #6)
  • A Perfect Love (Texas Hearts, #2)
  • Shelter of Hope (New Friends Street, #1)
  • His Mountain Miss (Smoky Mountain Matches, #3)
  • Heart of the Matter (Bodine Family, #2)
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)
  • Jenna's Cowboy Hero (The Cowboy Series, #4)
  • Loving Tenderness
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • His Holiday Family
  • Finding Her Way Home (Redemption River, #1)
Arlene James has written romance for three decades, and has published 75+ novels. A mother of two wonderful sons and now a happy grandmother to the brightest of all grandchildren, she is finding her fifth decade to be great fun.

She and her very supportive husband of 35 years (whom she agreed to marry on their first date!) enjoy a busy social life and particularly delight in traveling. They have v
More about Arlene James...

Chatam House (9 books)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • Baby Makes a Match (Chatam House #3)
  • An Unlikely Match (Chatam House, #4)
  • Second Chance Match (Chatam House #5)
  • Building a Perfect Match (Chatam House, #6)
  • His Ideal Match