Start by marking “Scott Pilgrim. Su vida y sus cosas (Scott Pilgrim, #1)” as Want to Read:
Scott Pilgrim. Su vida y sus cosas (Scott Pilgrim, #1)

Scott Pilgrim. Su vida y sus cosas (Scott Pilgrim #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  146,159 Ratings  ·  3,412 Reviews
Scott Pilgrim se lo ha montado de puta madre. Tiene 23 años, toca en un grupo de rock, se las apaña para no dar golpe y ha empezado a salir con una chica muy mona que va al instituto. Todo va de fábula hasta que una mensajera que hace el reparto en patines, la despampanante y peligrosamente moderna Ramona Flowers, empieza a aparecer en sus sueños y en todas las fiestas a l ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by DeBols!llo (first published August 18th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Scott Pilgrim. Su vida y sus cosas, please sign up.
Maine Caulfield There is a website called “View Comic” where you can read the series (in color) for free.
Caelen He lives in Toronto Canada with his cool gay roommate, Wallace Wells. His parents sold their house in Toronto(across from where Scott lives now) and…moreHe lives in Toronto Canada with his cool gay roommate, Wallace Wells. His parents sold their house in Toronto(across from where Scott lives now) and moved to Europe. He has band practice in an apartment where Young Niel lives.(less)

Zoë
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

I saw the movie adaptation a couple of years ago and, ever since then, I've wanted to start the graphic novels. I'm so happy that I finally did, because this definitely didn't disappoint! I liked it even more than the movie because the art is used in such a clever way, so different than any other graphic novel I've read before (I've only read Maus and Fun Home, but those were for school.) The humor was great as well and I already ordered the next volume so I can read it soon!
Alejandro
Game on!

This is the first book (in a series of six) of “Scott Pilgrim” saga.

Creative Team:

Creator, writer and illustrator: Bryan Lee O’Malley

AM I DREAMING?

Um… am I dreaming? -- -- I’ll leave you alone forever now.

Thanks.

My first contact with Scott Pilgrim’s world was through the movie adaptation, that I wouldn’t watch (at least not so soon as I did) if Mary Elizabeth Winstead (which I love) wouldn’t be in the cast.

And I would lost a lot! Since that movie rules!

So bizarre, clever, excit
Nat
Jun 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, graphic-novels
DNF at page 54.

description
(This was exactly what I was feeling while reading Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.)

I actually tried watching the movie a while back, but it made me really, really uncomfortable. And the same happened while reading the graphic novel.

I wanted to read it because I really liked Seconds, but I guess I somehow forgot that the movie was based off of a graphic novel. And I hadn’t made the connection between the two until I started reading and feeling really (and I mean really) une
Maureen
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I FREAKING LOVED THIS.
The art was used SO cleverly which my graphic design mind loved and is probably one of the reasons I liked it so much.
I've seen the movie so I had a little more to go off of when reading this, but I was surprised to find I loved it maybe more than the movie?
It's so quirky and wonderful and just so much good stuff wrapped into one thing.
SO GOOD.
Lola
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
What a weird comic. I couldn't stop reading. Scott is quirky and endearing. The humour is great. I heard bad things about the movie, but the book is perfectly enjoyable. Art could have been better.
Traci Haley
I debated what to rate this graphic novel. On the one hand, the characters are thoroughly unlikable. Scott Pilgrim is a vapid, useless lump of a man who is dating a high schooler because that's the level of his maturity/emotional intelligence. Ramona Flowers is standoffish and rude because it makes her look "cool". The only redeeming character was Wallace, the gay roommate. On the other hand, once introductions got over, during the last scene of the book (the concert and Scott's fight with the f ...more
Meredith Holley
Scott Pilgrim is so how I see the world. I’m sure it’s because of the years of doing almost nothing but playing Mario Bros in my childhood, but the levels and energy bars and coins, etc. as applied to mundane life things are so perfect to me. Also, the characters. Oh, the characters. Scott Pilgrim is such a rad character because he is so douchey, but still somewhat sympathetic, and everyone spends the whole story pointing out his doucheyness. I just really love a story that calls a douche a douc ...more
Sam Quixote
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Scott Pilgrim is dating a high schooler!” - so begins one of the finest comics sagas of all time.

I’ve read Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim before, seen the (extremely faithful) Edgar Wright movie adaptation, and have just re-read it (this time in colour), and the comic still blows me away with its quality. Reading the same story the third time around and it’s not boring in the least. It even somehow feels fresh despite having been published in 2004!

On paper the story seems like no great sh
Brendon Schrodinger
Am I too old to like Scott Pilgrim?

I just don't care for a main character who is in his twenties, has no job, sleeps (the zzzzzzzz kind) with his roomate, dates a high school girl and cheats on her with a kinda cool delivery girl.

How is this guy attractive to women at all?

Back in my day...

This graphic novel made me feel old.

Scott Pilgrim is a bit of a dick and it is hard to cheer for him when he is fighting his girlfriends ex boyfriends. I think the only way the author manages to make us on his
Will M.
This wasn't so bad, but that cover sucks.

I'm not that fond of reading contemporary novels, and it's no different with graphic novels. This had a simple plot, and nothing made it amazing for me. The artwork was decent, but I've seen way better. People have been recommending this everywhere, so I decided to finally give it a try. It's honestly not that bad, it would appeal more to the contemporary readers. I'm still interested to continue on with the series though. There's this mysterious thing ab
Felicia
Sep 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buying all of them, what can I say?!
J.G. Keely
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, reviewed
After the slow trudge through Shelley's 'The Last Man', I decided to switch to some lighter fare. It's about time I got back to my comic book to-read pile, anyways. So I pulled out Scott Pilgrim.

I've heard a lot about the book in comic book circles, and it's been overwhelmingly positive. Despite this, I've been somewhat wary of the 'trendy hipster' label it's been saddled with, but that gets thrown around too much, and I figured beyond the trendy elements, I'd get snatched up by something deeper
Carlos De Eguiluz
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Estrellas.

Divertida y extrañamente graciosa. Una perfecta novela gráfica con personajes bien definidos que sabe darle su debida importancia a cada uno de los mismos.

Debo aceptar que me mostraba un tanto escéptico sobre leer ahora, o seguir posponiendo la historia, pero me alegro de haberla escudriñado al fin. No me arrepiento para nada.

Espero que los siguientes tomos me mantengan así de entretenido.

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

The movie adaptation of this comic book series came out during my second year of college. I went to go see it with friends and we were totally blown away because everything was so "scene" that it literally hurt, and also all the video game and anime callbacks, plus the fact that it was kind of like a Jackie Chan movie as done by Judd Apatow. My twenty-year-old brain was blown away by the awesome, and it never occurred to me to question the
Donovan
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twentysomethings in an entertaining dance of romance, awkwardness, hyper self-deprecation, and quirky humor, with light elements of comic super heroism. Glad I finally got around to this.
Jeannette Nikolova
Read on the WondrousBooks blog.

I watched the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World movie years ago and it was real love. For a while it topped the “Jeannette’s Favourite Movies” list. (Even as I’m writing this, I have a strong urge to re-watch it.)

Therefore, it’s probably completely understandable that I absolutely loved this book. It was fan-tastic! And obviously while they were making the movie, they paid huge attention to detail, because even though I had forgotten some moments and scenes, it was s
Jim
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know how sometimes writers want to please everyone? So they end up creating something like a genre-salad and its usually bad. Here we have the same thing but it works, it works so freaking well. First of all the art is a combination of manga and classic comics style. Now to the story. It starts like a music romance-comedy and then out of nowhere comes out a fighting scene!! Oh and I just love how his opponent drops money after he defeat him.
The story is about Scott, a 23 year old boy who’s a
Maine Caulfield

Okay. So. Here’s the problem I have with this comic: I have seen it’s movie counterpart nearly 100 times. I can quote it word for word, and I loved it because it was cool to see a comic like movie. With that being said, I think it may have ruined any potential enjoyment I would have gotten from this comic had I not seen the movie.

It should be pointed out that the comic basically acted as the movies script, and was nearly word for word from comic to screen. I guess I was hoping for more characte
Calista
This is a black and white graphic novel about a self-absorbed 23 year old boy. There is a scene at the end where Scott has a big fight with an ex-boyfriend of his current crush that is epic. The series is set up to be Scott having to fight 7 evil ex-boyfriends for the hand of Ramona.

He is also dating a 17 year old high schooler who he wants to break up with. I actually enjoy this series and I don't know that I like Scott all that much. I like his gay roommate Wallace better. Wallace is an assho
Lauren
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well that was different!

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life is a funny graphic novel to review, not because it was laugh out loud funny but because it was a bit 'meh'.

I have had time to reflect upon it, and having originally awarded it 4 stars, I have downgraded it to 3. There are several reasons why I have done this:

1) Despite O'Malley's cute illustrations, most of his characters look the same, and unless he drastically changes their hair, their facial features are mirrors of each other. Thes
Aaron
Jun 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before I begin I just like to say was no doubt and hesitation that this is probably one of the best comic books ever!

Why is this book so good? Its fun, it's funny, it's clever and it leaves you wanting more. If you love relationship books you will love this book, if you love books that make you laugh you will love this book, if you love comic books in general you will love this book!

The story centers around…. Well…. Scott Pilgrim. Scott lives in Toronto Canada which for me having grown up in Tor
Mehsi
Wow Scott is a real dick. Having a girlfriend and then going for another girl? Seriously? I hate that kind of attitude in books/manga/graphic novels so this is -2 stars for that. -1 star for the slightly boring story.

I have been meaning to read this book/comic for some time, lots of people seem to like it and I loved Bryan Lee O'Malley's previous book named: Seconds. However this was just a disappointment.

We have a main character named Scott Pilgrim and he is pretty useless. Lives with a friend,
Nicolo Yu
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I can't believe it's been ten years since Scott Pilgrim was published and at least five since I discovered Bryan Lee O'Malley's truly original concept.

I've started rereading this series earlier today and it was just as fresh as I discovered. Scott Pilgrim was this shallow guy dating high school girls and mooching off his roommate; but one could just not help root for him. Especially when he falls for the mysterious Ramona Flowers and because now he started dating her, now has to fight her seven
Brian Yahn
Everything about Scott Pilgrim is fun.

There's a feel to it. It's in the mood. The illustrations give the world this video-game vibe. And the premise seems like something out straight out of a video game.

Scott Pilgram has to defeat his love interest's seven evil-ex boyfriends. In this book, we only meet one evil-ex, but the way Scott defeats him, through song, is incredibly fun.

But even with everything the series had going for it, I'm not sure I'll continue. In the first installment, I wanted to
Bryce Wilson
Nov 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adrift 20 somethings, indie rock/cult movie/videogame fans, geeks
Shelves: comics
Lovely mix of Hornbyesque Lad lit, Steven Chow style comedy, and Simon & Garfunklesque post adolescent melancholy. Worked nicely as a palate cleanser after the wrist slitter that was Into The Wild.

It's funny and imaginitave without being twee, honest without being obvious, and sweetly sad without drowning in ennui. It's a precious little book. Even if like me comics aren't quite your thing.
Manny
(DISTANCE SHOT. MANNY is typing on his laptop)

MANNY: (typing) It's EXACTLY the same as the first half of the movie Scott Pilgrim Versus The World. Just uncannily like. Except that it isn't as well-drawn or funny.

(NEW ANGLE. More typing)

MANNY: (typing) To be honest, I feel a little ripped-off. I know that's completely illogical since the book came first, and I should be, you know, like praising its originality and wit, without which the movie would never have been. But all the same.

(CLOSE-UP. MA
Ivan
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
A good start. I actually thought I might find this comic bit boring since I already watched the movie but both writing and art style are different enough to make comic completely different experience. Which one is better?I am not sure yet.I will make my judgement when when I finish series.

Also I hated O'Malley's illustrations in Seconds but it didn't bother me here for some reason even though they are nearly same. I guess they fit better in weird world of Scott PIlgrim than in more mature themed
Michael Finocchiaro
Scott Pilgrim is a light manga-style comic about the eponymous 23 year old slacker musician who is dating a 17yo high school student Knife and meets another new girl, Ramona Flowers. The story takes place in Toronto and this is the first of 6 books in the series. I liked the rapid fire millennial dialog between the characters and especially the crazy ending (no spoilers!). Ok, the plot is not particularly complex but the characters are fun and endearing and the manga style black and white artwor ...more
Vladimir Ćeha
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun, I had seen the movie first, so I already knew where this was going. Still, the plot and execution are... unique, to say the least. I'm not completely sold on the story, but I want to read the next volume.
Cal
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This is so much better than the movie! The fact that the movie contained pretty much THE WHOLE FREAKING SCOTT PILGRIM SERIES CRAMMED INTO ONE

..I really enjoyed reading this. The transition in this book is very very very entertaining especially Scott's humor.

I just love Wallace and Scott's relationship as bffs or
brothers hahaha especially the time when they first met!!

The movie is awesome and action-packed and amazing I'm really a fan of it! But it will never ever ever surpass the feel of readin
  • Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Fables, Vol. 9: Sons of Empire
  • Chew, Vol. 5: Major League
  • Adventure Time Vol. 1
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
  • Dar: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary, Volume One (Dar!, #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer:  Time of Your Life (Season 8, Volume 4)
  • Local
  • Flight, Vol. 2  (Flight, #2)
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and forme ...more
More about Bryan Lee O'Malley

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
  • We'll Always Have Paris: Stories
  • The Hidden Flower
  • Greyhound
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Take Two (Above the Line, #2)
  • The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances
  • Where We Belong
    $5.99 $1.49
  • Cashelmara
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
  • The Sisterhood of Blackberry Corner
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fat Chance
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things
  • Edward Adrift
  • The Restaurant Critic's Wife
    $3.99 $1.99
“this song is for the guy who keeps yelling from the balcony, and it's called 'we hate you, please die.” 272 likes
“What kind of tea do you want?"
"There´s more than one kind of tea?...What do you have?"
"Let´s see... Blueberry, Raspberry, Ginseng, Sleepytime, Green Tea, Green Tea with Lemon, Green Tea with Lemon and Honey, Liver Disaster, Ginger with Honey, Ginger Without Honey, Vanilla Almond, White Truffle Coconut, Chamomile, Blueberry Chamomile, Decaf Vanilla Walnut, Constant Comment and Earl Grey."
-"I.. Uh...What are you having?... Did you make some of those up?”
211 likes