Start by marking “Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)

Ghost Town

(The Morganville Vampires #9)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  35,223 ratings  ·  1,183 reviews
While developing a new system to maintain Morganville's defenses, Claire Danvers discovers a way to amplify vampire mental powers. Through this, she's able to re-establish the field around this vampire-infested Texas college town that protects it from outsiders. But the new upgrades have an unexpected consequence.
Published November 1st 2010 by Allison & Busby (first published October 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Town, please sign up.
Karin Michael There is a love interest, yes, but not a crush. I'm not sure if you have already read the past books?.. If youre talking about claire or eve, then no…moreThere is a love interest, yes, but not a crush. I'm not sure if you have already read the past books?.. If youre talking about claire or eve, then no because they already have boyfriends.(less)

·  35,223 ratings  ·  1,183 reviews

Start your review of Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
MissBecka
Holy crap Batman!

Not only did this make up for a couple of duds in the series (I'm looking at you books 7 & 8) but I think it's my favourite one so far!!!
Lots of time with my BFF Myrnin.
Jessica
Aug 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-faves, 15-vampires
Alright, let's see if I can come up with a spoiler-free review.

The Morganville Vampires series is one of those which I've put off reading for quite a while. Somehow I just expected myself not to like it. I had "Glass Houses" sitting on my shelf for months before I finally picked it up but as it turned out, I fell in love immediately. And who would have thought, 9 books later I am still loving it. I guess what makes this series one of my favorites are the characters and their close friendship. I
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Trying to get caught up on this series. I honestly, completely forgot about it which is a shame because Caine is an amazing author in everything she writes in. So glad I was able to pick this right back up without feeling lost, confused or wondering what was going on. It also reminded me how much I loved this fun series. Even though I'm way past my vamp stage, it was still fun and I really do want to finish this series.
is mee... kissa
yay! more of myrnin!!!
what can I say.. i like the guy

Kissa's Review

ah Myrnin... you insane twisted vampire, you have really screwed up this time...

Okay, i don't want to give any spoilers out, so i'll keep it as informationally non-informational as possible.. if that makes sense

So, basically, Morganville is still it's weird, scary, vampire-fied town, but this book in the series really gets into some scary stuff... i'm talking brain in a jar freaky... i mean really?! but that's why i love the
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Oh, Myrnin. Myrnin, Myrnin, Myrnin. Excuse my language but you fucked up, dude. I worried for your sanity and for your life. There were times when I loved you and when I hated you. You've caused so much trouble, so much pain and suffering and yet I still care about you. Even on that last page when my jaw dropped after my little fit of worry over what you may have done to yourself.

Ghost Town really begins when Claire stakes and kills a vamp whilst trying to rescue Eve and is sentenced to no sleep
Nic
May 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Arlene
Rachel Caine has once again delivered a wild adventure in Morganville filled with crazy twists, snark-worthy dialog and a perfect set of characters that kept me glued to every page. I loved Ghost Town and after waiting six long months for this book and devouring it in a few short hours, I’m back to anticipating the release of the next installment. Bite Club can’t get here fast enough!!

There was plenty of action in this book and squee-worthy Claire and Shane moments that had me re-reading
Helen Power
We’re back to Morganville for the ninth instalment of the Morganville Vampires book series!

Vampires and humans coexist (somewhat) peacefully in the sleepy town of Morganville, Texas. During the day, Claire Danvers attends the local university, but at night she works for the mad, genius vampire Myrnin in his lab, where he mixes alchemy with science. In this installment of the series, Claire and Myrnin "fix" the town’s security system, which insures that anyone who leaves Morganville immediately
Stacia (the 2010 club)
This man wearing clothes from the OMG No store.

Ha. Myrnin had a pimp hat. Just when I didn't think he could surpass the vampire bunny slippers. I heart me some Myrnin.

3.5 stars. If I hadn't been so bored with the first half of Ghost Town, this surely would have been a 4 star read for me because the last half had me glued to the virtual pages. So much awesome was crammed into those final chapters. I think the slow start/hectic finish might be a Morganville series thing because I've noticed
Carrie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ghost Town is the ninth book in the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. Picking up right after the last book, Claire and her friends need to save the town yet again after a fix for the computer system running Morganville doesn't go as planned and begins causing the residents to lose their memories.

A part of me enjoys this series then a part tends to think it's getting a bit repetitive at this point. Ghost Town was one of the better books of the series as some have seemed to drag quite a
Taylor
Mar 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-novels
Can't freaking wait!!! I missed Myrnin!!
~Tina~
SPOILER ALERT

I swear, Love, will never be a strong enough word to convey my feelings for this series. It's always a blast reading a Morganville book and I always miss them when there gone.

So, what's up this time in Morganville? Why, memory lost of course...;)

While Myrnin and Claire tweaked the machine to get the boundaries back up and running, I think either Claire's sleep deprived-ness or Myrnin's...well Myrnin might have missed a step.
Bringing the town of Morganville back three years before
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Better
Rating: PG-13
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: This book surprised me in a good way
Characters: Well Written
Plot: What will you do when everyone around you is forgetting who you are
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Sure
Recommend: Yeah
Book Boyfriend: Shane

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
Okay, yes, finally we are back on track. This book was even better than the last I must say. Claire is in hot water and her heart has been broken. All of this drama makes for one of the better books in
Claire and Mernan fix the machine that controls the boundaries and other special controls of Morganville, but something goes wrong and both humans and vampires are affected - they seem to be losing their memories and in some cases, their minds. Claire is one of the only ones not affected and she must battle nearly the whole town to reach the machine to turn it off.

This was another fun installment in the series. The author definitely created an interesting new threat for Morganville, though the
Kim
Mar 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
julia ☆ [owls reads]
The best one so far! I love how Ghost Town explores more of the portals and the tech that surrounds Morganville as well as the dynamic of the characters and town before Claire joined them. There are quite a few heartbreaking moments, of course, but it's still such a cool glimpse to have of this world and its people.

I am not a very big fan of the huge twist at the end, but nothing is perfect etc etc.
Andrea
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
This was pretty good, but the memory tampering just made me so frustrated. I would hate for that to happen to me. Don't know how Claire managed to deal with it. And I think Shane is going to be a problem in the next book.
Aly
I really liked the plot for this one! Now that Ada isn't around to run the machine that controls Morganville, Mernan is linked to it and of course things go haywire because he isn't the most stable person. Humans and vampires start to lose time, they think they're three years in the past. Michael forgets he's a vampire, Mernan is feral, Amalie hates Oliver. Claire is one of the only people not affected and she has to find a way to shut the machine down.
The plot moved quickly and the story was
Danny
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: october-2010
I simply adore this series! Above everything I adore the friendship between Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve. How they watch out for each other and the light and fun way they interact. Always teasing each other but still you feel the love.

We are back in Morganville and in the beginning all seems easy going, which would be a new thing for Morganville. But then Claire and Shane run to rescue Eve from a Party and suddenly Claire finds herself looked in Myrnins Lab to finish the work on the "machine"
Suzanne
Oct 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a goodreads firstreads contest.

When I saw this book in the giveaways, I figured I would enter because I have been thinking about reading the Morganville series, but I wasn't sure if I would like it. I figured that if I won, I would read this one, and if the 9th book was good, than I would know the rest of the series would be worth my time. Don't worry, I have read plenty of books out of order before!

Anyhow, that being said, this book was good. The story was original, the
This was an okay story, but it really dragged. I think this series should have ended already!
I thought most of the characters were a bit silly and clueless in this to be honest. I didn’t really like any of them, and some of them made some very suspect decisions.

The storyline in this dragged, and I got bored quite early on. I thought that Claire should have caught on to what was happening a lot faster than she did, and some of the things that happened while people didn’t have their memories were
Sharon Mariampillai
This series is one of the best vampire series I've read. I loved every moment of this book. It was a perfect mixture of romance, and suspense. With a bit of humor too. The story is action packed and I am glad I finally got to read this book.

My favourite part of this series is that I am able to connect more with the characters. The journeys through each book is well-written. I feel like Rachel Caine delivered on her characters. Loved every minute of it. Can't wait to read the next book. Overall,
Lorna
4.5/5 stars I continued with this series by listening instead of reading. As usual with any of the books in this series, I got pulled into the story and didn’t want to stop listening. It had just been long enough since I read the first eight books almost back to back, to completely engage me all over again. Morganville, the town that these books take place in, is a town run by vampires. A town where human’s can’t leave, and where the taxes they pay are at the blood bank. Great premise!

Claire is
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read this one because it has been my personal pleasure in the last of 2014 (read this one end of December). I love the vampires, the relationship between our main character Claire, who is wicked smart and able to roll with the punches, and her hot boyfriend Shane. It has been heating up a lot and I love each book where they become closer through shared experiences. The mad scientist Myrnin is always fun and surprising to read about. The leader of the town Amelie and 2nd in command ...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
I stayed up way too late reading this. I couldn't stop. I just had to know what caused this new problem, although I'd known it was Myrnin, somehow and I just had to know how Claire was going to fix it.

Honestly, though, why does Rachel Caine insist on torturing Shane? That guy cannot win.

Morganville was once again in chaos. Everyone was losing three years worth of memories and while this happened, everyone closest to Claire turned on her because they just couldn't remember who the hell she was. I
kitty cué
Sep 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Morganville Vampire is one of the, if not the BEST, series I have ever read.

I have been hook since the first book The Glass House. I love all the character especially Claire and Shane fallow by Eve and Michael, which are room-mates.

If you LOVE book with romance and paranormal stuff, this is definitely your book.
It's about a town full and ruled by vampires where this girl who goes to high-school early because she is really smart. Well, lets just says she steps out of line with Queen Bitch. She is
Kelly
One of the things that I've consistently enjoyed about this series is that I don't ever feel like I'm overwhelmed by how heavy the reading is. Is it because the writing is extremely accessible? Is it because the plot is very fast-paced? Maybe it's both. I just know that I sit down to read these and I come out of it with a smile.

Part of it comes from the characters. Claire is strong, smart and brave. She is willing to put herself on the line consistently for those around her. Not just her
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I must start out by saying that I devoured this book in mere hours. Rachel has pumped up the creepy factor in Morganville to 1000 in Ghost Town! If you thought the vampires in Morganville were devious, evil, kill-all-humans before, just wait until you see them now! This book has twice the random attacks, twice the RUN FOR YOUR LIFE moments, and best of all TWICE THE MYRNIN!!!!
For those of you out there with an undying love of Claire's super crazy boss, Myrnin, you will be excited to know that
Kira Simion
Edit:

Time to go look up fanfic for Amelie x Oliver now.
< /3 <3

———————————

The librarian at my high school was honestly so sweet. Now I might be saying that because I spent a lot of time there or because she gave me books. Or both.

Thank you. Thank you all for everything that makes these books stand out. The loud ones, the proud ones. The silent eyes, the quiet signs. I appreciate all you have done and given.

Probably the only reason I will always donate my books to the libraries instead of
YA Buddy Readers'...: Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires #9) by Rachel Caine - Starting November 2nd 2019 12 10 Nov 06, 2019 05:22PM
word game...Myrnin 21 58 Jul 27, 2014 01:12AM
Crazy for Young A...: Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires #9) by Rachel Caine → Start Date: Janurary 27, 2014 28 29 Feb 02, 2014 09:06PM
Myrnin 24 113 Jan 15, 2014 04:32AM
Claire and Myrinin? 16 82 Apr 07, 2013 03:39PM
Morganville Vampi...: summary of ghost town 2 30 Jan 28, 2013 08:53AM
TeenReads: Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) Review 1 8 May 08, 2012 08:08PM

• Bloody Valentine (Blue Bloods, #5.5)
  • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
  • Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Bloodlust (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #2)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Afterlife
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Stargazer
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
“I'm worried he's going to...do something crazy."
"He lives in a hole in the ground, dresses funny and occasionally eats his assistants," Eve said. "Define crazy."
Claire closed her eyes. "Okay. I think he wants to put my brain in a jar and wire it into the machine."
Dead silence.”
260 likes
“Don't diss me, Danvers. I'm warning you.'

'I'm not dissing you,' Claire sighed. 'I'm ignoring you. There's a difference. Dissing you implies I think you're actually important.”
257 likes