Start by marking “Wander Woman: How High-Achieving Women Find Contentment and Direction” as Want to Read:
Wander Woman: How High-Achieving Women Find Contentment and Direction

Wander Woman: How High-Achieving Women Find Contentment and Direction

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

After years of coaching high-achieving women, master coach and personal development expert Marcia Reynolds started noticing something troubling: many of the clients with whom she worked were plagued by anxiety over their own restless responses to the world.  These women were jumping jobs regularly, defining and redefining their relationship with the marketplace, constantly
Published June 14th 2010 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wander Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wander Woman

Frances Flynn Thorsen
Jun 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Do you ask yourself, "Can I be happy? Is that enough? Am I born a certain way? Can I change myself? If I choose to let go or not be focused on achievement, who will I be? How can I find a life partner or keep my relationship healthy even when I am always busy?"

"Wander Woman: How High Achieving Women Find Contentment and Direction" (Berrett-Koehler Publishers 2010) offers emotional antioxidants and avenues of deep introspection that trade the questions for answers.

Marcia Reynolds is a Master Ce
E
Oct 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Good advice for executive women seeking meaning

Surprisingly little research has examined why contemporary women leave their corporate jobs for new ones more often than men do. Organizational psychologist Marcia Reynolds interviewed 100 “high-achieving women” to discover why they often change jobs and don’t wait around to climb the career ladder. Their answers are not shocking, but they are enlightening, particularly when they underscore the differences between present-day females in the business
Michelle
Sep 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this on kindle for PC - this book is about high achieving women who remain unfulfilled in the corporate world. It explains the shift in expectations of woman in top jobs over the last decades, and how many high-performing women may find the meaning in life they are seeking in whatever career they may put themselves into.

These are the 'wander women' - the women who have a lust to forever move on - to other jobs or even geographically in pursuit of the sense of meaning in themselves, desp
Tami
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It’s interesting how we get stuck into seeing ourselves in a certain way. We view our personality as unchangeable, often focusing on very specific aspects while completely ignoring other ones. We might even berate ourselves not realizing that other parts of us are waiting for their chance to shine too.

I am a Wander Woman. I’ve worked very hard in life to become successful and I am proud of my accomplishments. Yet, no matter what I achieve, I can’t sit still. I always have to have multiple proje
Starleigh
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this on audio book.

While I was listening to it I could relate to the reasons why ambitious women change jobs and even careers even though it sometimes doesn't make sense in the logical of traditional career trajectories.

This was the first time that I heard someone acknowledge in a career book that sometimes people leave because they get good at something, and the challenge of learning to the point of mastery was the whole point of the job. This was also the first time that I hear
SerahRose
May 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Alright, I'm finally giving up on this one. I picked it up because I thought it might pertain to me. I am, after all high-achieving and don't hold down a job for more than a couple of years without getting bored.

But, this book is NOT about me. It's for women who have no self-esteem and would be perfectly okay letting someone--the author--patronize them with self-help tips. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's useful for some women out there. But the subtitle and book description are not accurate.

I
Akanksha
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: skimmed
picked up this book just looking at its title. This books is for all those women, who strive hard to get successful. This book will make you re-look at yourself and your life in a different way. We all have a personality that we feel is unchangeable. This book acts as a tool to help us realize our mistakes and deal with various situations in a different way. However, I felt that the book could have been shorter. Overall, I would rate it close to 3.1-3.2.
Akanksha Soneja
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: skimmed
Marcie
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it
When I first started reading it, I fell in love with this book. I immediately identified with some of the characteristics outlined as the "Wander Woman". Then, I realized I don't have enough career experience to relate to most of the rest of the book yet. This is going in the "to read after you've tried a career position instead of just a job for awhile" pile. :)
Patricia Brooks
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Books was a valuable tool for me to review a lot of things in my life in 2010 and now in 2011 I am doing a great deal more of the exercises - it is a book for many of us - even if we are in our third career and have our own business - it is a good read.
Maia Losch
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Is a very good book. Just check before you buy it that you are a high-achieving women. I thought I am but I am not, so I read only a part of it. Is not that I did not find it interesting, is only that -as per description- I am a normal acheiving woman (or a "low-achieving" one :) )
Sharla
Aug 15, 2014
Anita
Oct 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Marcia Reynolds, PsyD has a passion for discovering and sharing how the brain works, especially the brains of high-achieving women. She speaks globally on the needs and challenges of today's smart, strong women and provides customized programs on creating workplaces that inspire high-performers. Her books been quoted in many publications including Harvard Communications Newsletter, U.S. Business R ...more
More about Marcia Reynolds...