Start by marking “The Killer of Orchids” as Want to Read:
The Killer of Orchids

The Killer of Orchids

11-year-old Xander Pooka and middle-aged computer genius Jeff Redwing are friends. When paper headlines announce the news of two men murdered with a mysterious samurai sword, they decided to spend a fun afternoon playing detective. But quickly the game becomes a life and death race for the truth.
Published 2009 by State Street Press

To ask other readers questions about The Killer of Orchids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killer of Orchids

Audrey Bowser
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was interesting and just an okay read for me. I'm not saying it wasn't good overall, I personally just wasn't able to connect well with the characters. But it was suspenseful enough to keep me going until the end. The concept of the book just felt lost to me, and how the characters were portrayed just didn't seem to fit.
Ije the Devourer of Books
This is an excellent murder mystery story. Reading it was an adventure in itself and I find it quite difficult to express how much I enjoyed it.

At the centre of this mystery is a story about two friends. Jeff Redwing, a middle -aged computer genius, and Xander Pooka, an incredibly intelligent and very precocious 11-year-old. Jeff acts as a big brother to Xander and the two of them seem to have a track record of getting into problems and getting out of them again. Most importantly they see themse
Loie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel. I loved the relationship between Xander and jeff. both seem to be misfits that luckily found each other. xander a child genius without a father and jeff a late 20ish computer geek find themselves embroiled in a murder mystery. the mystery gets bigger and bigger involving more and more people. The author's style of interspersing the dialog of the novel with comments from the narrator added humor and information. The characters were well developed and the plot line, al ...more
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
"A little forensic investigation, conducted from the safety of the Cloisters, might excite things a bit. He and Xander could puzzle out the tricky little murder reported in the paper." Page 144

It definitely wasn't a little murder....it was something out of the ordinary.

A Samurai running through the parking lot swinging a sword and deliberately targeting two men then slicing them to pieces definitely would not be a typical occurrence in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Who could the murderer have been..
Wendy
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
again, a pittsburgh book (my hometown - yeah!). the author is a personal friend and i know what he has gone through to get this book published. after all of that, the book is fabulous! mystery, intrique and a sarcastic, yet funny and good-natured main character with a kid side kick. loved it!
Patty
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Neat to read about areas that you've been to.
Mila
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
I couldn't connect with the characters.
Priscilla
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent BOOK ! would recommend. From a local writer and he will have a series based on this first book.
Susan