Start by marking “Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You” as Want to Read:

Featured in Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: The Kristine Carlson Story starring Heather Locklear, premiering on Lifetime

Examining the stresses and burdens that women are often confronted with--whether in the boardroom or the office bullpen, in relationships, or among friends--New York Times bestselling author Kris Carlson gives you proven strategies for balancing yourself wit
Published April 17th 2001 by Hachette Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women

Start your review of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You
Hyzie
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
The problem with this is that the focus on the small stuff is on *really* small stuff. This was definitely written for people who have a lot more free time to worry about things, which is fair enough. When the author suggests going out and getting exercise/getting dirty every day and follows it up by explaining she does this by riding her horse, I felt the reality of our lives and our potential ways of coping with problems were pretty far apart.
Ms. B
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A pleasant surprise. Written almost 20 years ago, this book of tips, advice and inspiration for living is still relevant as ever in this age of #selfcare and #mindfulness. In other words, the more things change, the more they stay same.
Marija S.
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Seriously... the only reason I can relate to 90% of what was written in this book is because I watch American movies and TV shows and am vagualy familiar with the stereotypical "American way of life".

I do not imply that the advice given in this book is false... for the author. I just want you to keep in mind it was written by an idle, typical American housewife of a (rich) man. Or, to put short - even though we're both modern women, we are worlds apart. Planets, in some senses. That's why this b
Sarah McGraw
May 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
amazing, uplifting book. I'm only reading one chapter a night, so it will take me a while to read. ...more
Jacquline Ard
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
There was a lot of good advice, but that's what makes this book more about breadth rather than depth. I guess it would make an interesting gift (or an insult) to a Type A woman who is trying to be both the perfect mother and career woman. In fact, the author kind of assumes that the reader is someone "balancing" motherhood and job. I was getting married upper-middle-class vibes, but some chapters could still be applied by other living situations.

An important bit that I learned was that boredom
Solveig Christina
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
The book provided me with a couple of useful takeaway messages; however, it was quite repetitive as if the author was determined to end up with 100 chapters no matter what. Additionally, related topics are not addressed coherently, but scattered across different chapters pages apart, which makes drawing a complete picture more difficult than necessary.

Overall, this is a great book if it was the first motivational book you ever read and you don't know where to start in order to live a happier li
Katandra Nunnally
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
EVERY woman should read this book! My absolute fave... #97 Climb your mountain one step at a time! This book has been dog-eared like crazy! I intend to read this book again next year and each hereafter. What an awesome reminder to NOT sweat the small stuff.
Patricia
Jul 31, 2008 rated it it was ok
it is a good book to change the way i think. makes me becoming a better person.
SHR
May 06, 2021 rated it liked it
I found this too repetitive and not concrete enough. There was a lot of talk of doing things from a place of warmth and love. Lots of “do this” type of advice without practical suggestions of how to, although there were examples to illustrate the undesired behaviour and/or thought processes. It wasn’t as well written as the other “Small Stuff” books. Having said that it was worth reading, there were lots of bits and pieces that resonated or made me think.

A few examples:
• We’re all in this toget
Debbie Hill
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
A fun and easy read for a hot (and sweaty) summer day. Thought-provoking? Yes!! Will it motivate readers to change their less than desirable habits? Maybe! My favourite chapters: "My Way Is Not 'the' Way --It's Just My Way" and "Treasure the Journey".

P.S. Not going to sweat to write a longer review! The book title speaks for itself!
Reffi Dhinar
This book has so many good tips for us to be more relax, cheerful, but stronger in the same time. Women should set their own happiness before nurturing others. It makes sense for me. How can we become a good mother, a playful teacher, a best friend for our girl's gank, if we don't know how to please ourselves? Listen to our intuition and embrace our logical side too ...more
Ruth Bookridge
Jul 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Several pieces of good advice. Chapter 75 was one of my favs- "Gripe to the One you've got the gripe with." Seems many women struggle with this. We spend a lot of time venting about problems with other people in our lives to our friends but lack the courage to confront the person who offended us. I read in small increments so I could ponder and apply the advice. ...more
Patricia
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
It was ok. If this is the first ever self help-inspirational book you have ever read, I am sure you will think it is great. I thought it was ok. Nothing new or amazing..... I wonder how many women received this as a gift and never made the time to read it.
Jenny
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A little book for women on how to lead a less stressed, happy life. Key points are: set priorities (family and personal), live in the moment, take care of spirit, don't get bogged down by unimportant stuff.

women
peace
attitude
self-help
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some stuff seemed really trite and really materialistic.
Julia Southwick
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh, this one just wasn’t all that necessary in my opinion.
Deborah Gaspar
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great practical advice about how to worry about what is important and to leave the rest alone.
Donna O'Sullivan
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book
simply things to help you not sweat the small stuff
builds on any other self help you've done
Lisa Wada
This book provides good advice in small chunks. It was enjoyable and helpful, but not ground-breaking.
Natalya
Jun 04, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
About 20% of this book is common sense advice and the other 80% is the author providing examples of this common sense from her own life.

The reason I picked up this book was because it promised to be for "everyone". Married, single, parent, career woman. That turned out to be completely false and all the author can speak to is her own life experiences as a middle class wife and mother to a couple of kids.

I had to laugh when she provided an example of a day where "everything went wrong". She wok
Megan
Aug 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
Something I really didn't like was the generic advice and generalized language; very rarely did she offer concrete practices for women to try. After awhile, a lot of the things she talked about seemed very obvious and I was just trying to get through the book. I'm glad that she included things for single women, even though she mentions husbands and children a lot. ...more
Victoria Moore
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Written in 100 brief chapters with titles like "Save Your Pot-Stirring For Cooking Dinner" and "Merge The Spiritual And Material Worlds" "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff for Women" by Kristine Carlson is an inspiring and uplifting book that talked to me on a lot of different levels. Beautifully intermixed with true anecdotes from her life, while I read it, I felt like Carlson was a wise and reliable friend whom I could turn to when in need. Paced perfectly to include topics that encompassed family, ...more
L.
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoy doing self-work so this book was perfect for me. I liked that the book was specifically geared towards women because we can tend to be in our heads a lot. Most of all, I liked the no-nonsense approach of openly discussing subjects we women deal with...but tend to cover up or down play. I like reality & honesty no matter what the outcome may be. This book is great for getting real with yourself without being harsh. A quick, enjoyable read.
Tina
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This is a "must own/read". I found the daily input/encouragement to be incredibly valuable in the quest for self improvement, in this case distinctly for women. I can not count the times I've read this cover to cover. I purchased several copies as gifts for my girlfriends and female family members. Anyone finding disappointment with-in the covers of this little gem must have Eeyore's blood running through their veins. ...more
Belle
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, and interesting novel that makes you contemplate life and how you live it. Broken down into 100 sections, with unique title and message to convey. Little tips and words of wisdom to improve your daily life. Particularly targeted at women and issues, advice directed at this audience. Books like this are a gem. A bunch of topics, briefly discussed with examples and advice. Recommend of course!
Megan
Apr 05, 2008 added it
Recommends it for: women
This book was great. I read it right after I got married. It's a book about slowing down, and not getting worked up over little things. It's a very sweet, endearing book. The original is my fave, but I love this one as well. I love how it's catered to women, and boy does Kristina Carlson know how our minds work! ...more
Areina Koch
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Every scenario you could possible encounter in life. No matter what age you are, you will find it in this book. It help me put lots of worries in perspective and let me know that I am not the only one who obsesses over the little things.
Debi Achey
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
helped to see the importance of quiet time and time for myself. I do so much for others in my job, I forget about caring for myself. Had some important points, but book became redundant and boring after awhile.
Primadonna
Jul 11, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-empowerment
From time to time, I need to be reminded of so many things. This book reminds me to be more patient and optimistic in living my life.
Yuniasih Hernawanti
Jan 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
life looks beautiful...

• Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love: Simple Ways to Nurture and Strengthen Your Relationships While Avoiding the Habits That Break Down Your Loving Connection
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and It's All Small Stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things From Taking Over Your Life
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff at Work: Simple Ways to Minimize Stress and Conflict While Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • Joy to the World: A Family Christmas Treasury
  • A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • My Feudal Lord
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
  • Then Sings My Soul: 150 of the World's Greatest Hymn Stories
  • Then Sings My Soul Book 3: The Story of Our Songs: Drawing Strength from the Great Hymns of Our Faith
  • 5-Minute Devotions for Girls: Featuring 180 Daily Devotions
  • Liftoff: Elon Musk and the Desperate Early Days That Launched SpaceX
  • The Downstairs Girl
  • Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life / The Little Book of Lykke / Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living
  • Get Set! Piano Tutor Book 1
  • They Never Learn
  • The Curious Cow
  • Earn at Home Mum: How to boost your income or start your own business from home