Start by marking “Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You” as Want to Read:

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You (Don't Sweat the Small Stuff)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  497 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Examining the stresses and burdens that women are often confronted with--whether in the boardroom or the office bullpen, in relationships, or among friends--New York Times bestselling author Kris Carlson gives you proven strategies for balancing yourself within a chaotic world and finding ways do what you like best. Her insights reveal how to:

Stop comparing yourself to the
Published April 17th 2001 by Hachette Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women

Sarah McGraw
May 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
amazing, uplifting book. I'm only reading one chapter a night, so it will take me a while to read.
Marija S.
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Seriously... the only reason I can relate to 90% of what was written in this book is because I watch American movies and TV shows and am vagualy familiar with the stereotypical "American way of life".

I do not imply that the advice given in this book is false... for the author. I just want you to keep in mind it was written by an idle, typical American housewife of a (rich) man. Or, to put short - even though we're both modern women, we are worlds apart. Planets, in some senses. That's why this b
Katandra Nunnally
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
EVERY woman should read this book! My absolute fave... #97 Climb your mountain one step at a time! This book has been dog-eared like crazy! I intend to read this book again next year and each hereafter. What an awesome reminder to NOT sweat the small stuff.
Patricia
Jul 31, 2008 rated it it was ok
it is a good book to change the way i think. makes me becoming a better person.
Neelam Babul
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very inspiring and motivating read that had advice and tips on various aspects of a woman's life, from giving birth to maintaining your sanity in the work place, handling relationships effectively and leading peaceful positive lives.

The book has 100 tips we can incorporate into our lives and live happily without sweating the small stuff.
Nehal
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life changing !
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some stuff seemed really trite and really materialistic.
Victoria Moore
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Written in 100 brief chapters with titles like "Save Your Pot-Stirring For Cooking Dinner" and "Merge The Spiritual And Material Worlds" "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff for Women" by Kristine Carlson is an inspiring and uplifting book that talked to me on a lot of different levels. Beautifully intermixed with true anecdotes from her life, while I read it, I felt like Carlson was a wise and reliable friend whom I could turn to when in need. Paced perfectly to include topics that encompassed family, ...more
Nada

وخاصة الأم ذكرت المؤلف أنه أغلب الأمهات بعد كبر أطفالهم

وأبتعادهم عنها تبدأ تحس أنها لا نفسه
L.
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoy doing self-work so this book was perfect for me. I liked that the book was specifically geared towards women because we can tend to be in our heads a lot. Most of all, I liked the no-nonsense approach of openly discussing subjects we women deal with...but tend to cover up or down play. I like reality & honesty no matter what the outcome may be. This book is great for getting real with yourself without being harsh. A quick, enjoyable read.
Tina
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This is a "must own/read". I found the daily input/encouragement to be incredibly valuable in the quest for self improvement, in this case distinctly for women. I can not count the times I've read this cover to cover. I purchased several copies as gifts for my girlfriends and female family members. Anyone finding disappointment with-in the covers of this little gem must have Eeyore's blood running through their veins.
Megan
Apr 05, 2008 added it
Recommends it for: women
This book was great. I read it right after I got married. It's a book about slowing down, and not getting worked up over little things. It's a very sweet, endearing book. The original is my fave, but I love this one as well. I love how it's catered to women, and boy does Kristina Carlson know how our minds work!
Debi Achey
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
helped to see the importance of quiet time and time for myself. I do so much for others in my job, I forget about caring for myself. Had some important points, but book became redundant and boring after awhile.
Areina Koch
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Every scenario you could possible encounter in life. No matter what age you are, you will find it in this book. It help me put lots of worries in perspective and let me know that I am not the only one who obsesses over the little things.
Nohreen
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
An easy and quick read that I actually enjoyed reading. I can definitely relate to most of the topics the author tackled in this book.
Erika
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every woman should read this. Simple, yes, but it has really helped me change the way I see other people and how I can become a better wife, mother, and friend.
Alyn
May 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
an easy read, preachy at times with some good points.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 marked it as to-read
Life
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was very good
Andriam30
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a good quick read that I like to read often. It gives practical good advice for ways of making your life more meaningful and less stressful!
Bibiana Rolston
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Most of the author's suggestions are common sense. Nothing profound or insightful.
Kas
Oct 14, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2010
Seems like this book is geared more towards moms than all women.
Colleen
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Cute book- helped me realize that every mom reaches the edge of sanity! Lol. Found some good strategies and humor in this book.
Anna
May 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
HATE
Popy
Jun 21, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
beli sekalian ma yg for work
Sandy
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Me encanta este libro y los pequeños capítulos que te hacen pensar. Ojalá estuviera en español para disfrutarlo aún más... De todas formas, se lee muy bien en su idioma original
Elizabeth
Technically, I'd give it 2.5 stars.
Shea
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
good reminders for women no matter where you are in life.
Samra
Nov 07, 2012 rated it liked it
slow but good advice
Joy
Apr 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Written by the wife of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff author Richard Carlson. Lots of good advice.
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff About Money
  • Find Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently
  • The Sexually Confident Wife: Connecting with Your Husband Mind Body Heart Spirit
  • Miserly Moms: Living Well on Less in a Tough Economy
  • Homeschool Your Child for Free: More Than 1,200 Smart, Effective, and Practical Resources for Home Education on the Internet and Beyond
  • Life-Span Development
  • The Dance of Fear: Rising Above Anxiety, Fear, and Shame to Be Your Best and Bravest Self
  • Stupid Things Parents Do to Mess Up Their Kids
  • Energy Addict: 101 Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Ways to Energize Your Life
  • Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy
  • The University of Chicago Spanish - English English - Spanish Dictionary
  • Child Development [with Milestones Card]
  • A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose
  • The Nine Rooms of Happiness: Loving Yourself, Finding Your Purpose, and Getting Over Life's Little Imperfections
  • This Is Not the Life I Ordered: 50 Ways to Keep Your Head Above Water When Life Keeps Dragging You Down
  • Live Your Best Life: A Treasury of Wisdom, Wit, Advice, Interviews, and Inspiration from O, The Oprah Magazine

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family: Simple Ways to Keep Daily Responsibilities and Household Chaos from Taking Over Your Life
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love: Simple Ways to Nurture and Strengthen Your Relationships While Avoiding the Habits That Break Down Your Loving Connection
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff at Work: Simple Ways to Minimize Stress and Conflict While Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Men: Simple Ways to Minimize Stress in a Competitive World
  • Don't Sweat The Small Stuff, For Mothers
  • Don't Sweat The Small Stuff: For Fathers
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens: Simple Ways to Keep Your Cool in Stressful Times
  • A Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Treasury: A Special Collection for Newlyweds

• Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Sex Object
    $9.74 $2.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
    $13.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $3.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Pukka: The Pup After Merle
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?
    $9.99 $2.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
  • Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self-Help Book
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Moving Beyond Words: Essays on Age, Rage, Sex, Power, Money, Muscles: Breaking the Boundaries of Gender
  • Six Degrees: Our Future on a Hotter Planet