Start by marking “Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)

Bloodlines

(Bloodlines #1)

Keira Jameson used to lead a normal life, she just had a gift, passed down through the generations of her family. Now, after hearing voices, having strange dreams of others calling out to her, and her grandfather's last words haunting her, she sets out to find other families like hers. Along with her best friend Lily, the only person outside her family to know about her gi ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 320 pages
Published April 29th 2010 by Book Guild Limited

To ask other readers questions about Bloodlines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodlines

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareShiver by Maggie StiefvaterCity of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Judge A Book By Its Cover!
7,378 books — 10,917 voters
Una Historia de Ayer by Sergio CoboThe Bridge To Caracas by Stephen DouglassThe Secret Magdalene by Ki LongfellowShadow Hills by Anastasia HopcusKerri's War by Stephen Douglass
Lesser Known Authors
3,959 books — 4,457 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
Lindsay Kendal
Jul 10, 2010 marked it as favourites  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE the new version of Bloodlines is now available from Amazon.com. Kindle version also avaiable now. This is actually my own book, so its not fair to give it a rating.
Rebecca
Oct 10, 2010 rated it did not like it
This book had such great reviews I purposefully sought it out when major book sellers, such as B&N, didn't carry it. I should have taken that for a sign.

My biggest gripes about this book are 1) a real editor needs to proof this book (a lot!) and 2) the author needs to do a much better job on researching her facts.

For my first issue I will say the flow, writing, building of the story, etc. is horrid. Thoughts are not presented clearly or reasonably as she jumps all around in her conversation topi
Patricia Kendal
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is my Daughters first book in a trilogy.
I have read it 5 times and each time is as good as the first. Some people may think this is a biest review. But if it was rubbish, believe me, i wouldnt have encouraged her to have it published.
Please give it a try, you will be hooked.
Isa Lavinia
I hate to say anything bad about a book because I'm certain that, bad or good, the author loves it just the same and put in an equal amount of effort. I mean this only as constructive criticism.

That being said, despite its 310 pages the plot feels thin to the point of transparency, every turn is predictable. The characters read as caricatures, and the main character is a blatant Mary-Sue who displays behaviour only acceptable in a young teenage girl, not a girl in her early twenties.

Where was th
Jenny
Sep 30, 2010 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Wow! I don't want to be mean but...how can I not?! I couldn't even get past page thirty. The writing was childish and in desperate need of editing. I felt like I was reading a ten year old's, what I did for summer vacation, homework. For example: Why would she be telling her "best" friend that, of course, she didn't talk to her father about her powers because he was dead. Um, yeah. Wouldn't the best friend know that? I know the author was just trying to give us some background but having Keira d ...more
Ana Lucía
Feb 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I was hooked from the beginning because I didn’t know what Keira was or what her gift was, until I was given a hint in the first chapter.

Keira is looking for answers about her past and why she is hearing voices, but soon she realizes that maybe this wasn’t the wisest decision.

I really liked that there was a big group of characters – all of them playing an important part to the story. I connected with each one of them. At some points the dynamic of the group reminded m
Maddison Jay
Sep 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book. Its a nice change from Vampires and the new Fallen angel craze that seems to be going on. I find this story to be very original.

I can relate with the main Character Keira. She feels isolated and very alone at first, desperate to find out where she comes from, and to be around people who are like her.

The other characters are very likeable and I do think Danny and Tyler sound rather hot. Shame they are ficticious.

I dont want to spoil this book for anyone so i wont
Jessica Lambert
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
The sentences are a little choppy, but once you get past that, this book is actually amazing. It would have scored a 5 if it werent for the choppy parts.

Keira is a likeable character, I liked her very much. The other main characters are great, all with their own thoughts and opinions.

I dont like disclosing much about the storyline for fear of ruining the book for others, but I know I personally cannot wait for the next book.
Louise Charleston
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been meaning to add this review for a long time, but since I’ve just had my first child, I’ve not had the chance to do so until now. This book actually gets 4.5 stars from me. My gripe is the editing. However, I’ve read several times there was a ruckus about this and the Author is having the book redone with another publisher. GOOD idea, because the storyline is fantastic. It’s fresh, new, definitely different.

As a new author, and still learning, your previous editor should have helped you
Jarred Minnestoe
Ok so to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to reading this book after seeing some of the comments on here with regards to the editing. HOWEVER. I’m very glad I did, and this book is now one of my favourites of all time. The new version of this must read a lot better, since I couldn’t fault the editing at all.

I hate spoilers with a passion; I like to read the book for myself. So with that in mind I will simplify this as much as possible. The story follows a young girl Keira, and her friend Lil
Malini
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book needs to win an award for originality.

There are mixed reviews about this book, and some comments on the editing. I agree the sentences are choppy at times, but I urge people to look past this and actually pay attention to the storyline, since of course, we read the book for the story, the feelings you get when you read, the bond you feel with the characters, and feeling as though you are beside the character going through everything they go through.

Of course if your just an editor in t
Jake Miller
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. Right from the first chapter.

The story is different to what is out there at the moment, and it makes a refreshing change. The main character, Keira, is great. Not one of these needy helpless girls I've been reading about a lot lately. She has spunk. She is fiesty, and tough. Very nice.

When you read the book you feel as though you are taking every step the characters take, all of which by the way, are very likeable. I have a couple of favourites and cant wait
Andrea Matlock
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic first book, a bit of work needed on the editing. A fair few mistakes left in. But the storylines is great, the characters force you to love them. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Natalie
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was a little slow getting into this book, but once I had read a few chapters I was caught by the mystery, the magic and, most especially, the characters. Keira is a prickly individual with quite a temper; it is rather entertaining to watch her flinging attackers left and right and into trees. Her best friend Lily, while not nearly as tough, is also no shrinking violet. She is unfailingly loyal and sweet. The contrast and friendship between them is very well done.

As much as I liked watching Kei
Ashley Fontainne
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay Anne Kendal did a fantastic job on this novel, and that took a lot for me to say, since I don't normally read this particular genre.

The plot line is extremely intriguing and contains a quite unique take on the hidden history of the Salem witch trials and the resulting generational impact that the actions of those individuals originally involved had on their subsequent "Bloodlines."

The main characters are immediately likable and the friendships that developed will make for interesting tie
Megan11
Nov 10, 2010 rated it liked it
I have to say I am team Lucian...Tyler kind of bugs the crap out of me. As for the rest of the story...hmmm....I havent read a book about that in a while so it was refreshing, although it felt like I was reading the book version on The Covenant. My only complaint is the amount of characters and the depth they lack. It seemed like they talked about Lily, the best friend more than anyone, so i hope in Torment we get to know the other characters better. And like I said, I hope it turns in to someth ...more
Melliane
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
A really great book mixing Demons and Witches ! I've always liked some stories about the Witches of Salem and these ones were very interesting ! I liked quickly the two main characters Lily and Kiera. They evolve all along the novel like sisters and it was a pleasure to follow their adventures. the story of Kiera and the one about her ancestors are very intriguing, and we're caught in a few tome in the story.

Mon avis complet

My english review
Lenny Love
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I think this book that she had wrote was ver very nice..this was the first time read a book like almost 24 hours of reading..i really love the storyline and the conflicts they had between each other..and i love the way they cared for each other and loved each other..i read the book so many times..i hope she will write a boook that is also as interesting as this book..
Charlotte
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Bloodlines is really good and i recommend you either borrow from the library and never return it or buy it. i haven't even finished the book and i am already amazed... on the first page there already something gripping to read, it will leave you reading for hours and my your heart beat fast... u almost feel like your in the book.... just amazing! ...more
John Marsden
Sep 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes this genre, all age groups
liked this book a lot. something different is always a treat to read. I believe Lindsay Anne Kendal is a first time author. Well I wish you all the best in your writing career, and I cant wait to read the next installment.
Charlotte Blackwell
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wcpub
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but have been wanting to read it for a while now. I got sucked in right form page one and never let go. Bloodlines is an exciting story about some young adults that are in the process of discovering their magical powers that have been passed down from generations before them. Now they need to find out where the power originated from and what to do with it.

Bloodlines has so many interesting plots and twists I can't even begin to name my favorite. The a
Cocktails and Books
Keira Jameson, after the death of her grandfather, decides to find out where some comes from and how it is she came in the powers that she has. With her best friend, Lily, by her side she leaves West Chester, Pa and head to Salem, Ma. Paying for a cheap hotel for a week, the friends begin to visit different areas of Salem hoping to get answers to some of the clues Keira found in her grandfather's papers. What they find instead are a group of boys (I guess young men) who seem to follow Keira and ...more
Michelle
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. A lot happens in it and at the same time, you want even more to happen because you want to find out more about the histories of the families. There are so many unanswered questions and at first that frustrated me, but as the book goes on I think Lindsay does a really nice job of spreading out the answers that she reveals. It was not too slow, but at the same time you only got enough information to keep you on the edge of your seat and engaged in the book.

I loved gett
Rachel's Book Reviews
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
Bloodlines
By Lindsay Anne Kendal

“Keira Jameson used to lead a normal life, she just had a gift, passed down through the generations of her family. Now, after hearing voices, having strange dreams of others calling out to her, and her grandfather's last words haunting her, she sets out to find other families like hers. Along with her best friend Lily, the only person outside her family to know about her gift, Keira begins a hunt for her ancestors. A chance meeting with a young man, Lucian Turne
Jane
Oct 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourite, 4
for a first novel i think this is fantastic............the plot is interesting the character personalities make you either love or hate them, which is great because i hate characters that leave you feeling indifferent. the story line leaves you guessing and is unique
well done Lindsay x

ADDITIONAL REVIEW OF NEWLY EDITED VERSION

Kiera knew she was different and after having strange dreams and hearing voices she felt the need to find her roots. Taking her friend Lily along with her they embark on an
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Keira is a not so normal girl trying to lead a normal life. She has some special gifts that only her best friend knows about. When her grandfather dies, she sets out to find some answers of her own. With Lily in tow, she goes to Salem to find out more about her heritage and her bloodline in order to understand her powers and how she is supposed to deal with it. What she finds in Salem is that she is surprising. Will she find the answers she has been looking for? Will she be able to fulfill her d ...more
BookNerdette
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Kim
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I really wanted to like this book. There was so much potential with the plot and I was curious about the main character, Keira, right off the bat. But, unfortunately, the writing just couldn't match up with the ambition of the story.

I think my biggest problem was with the dialogue. It was often contrived or being used as an info dump. The author is British, so some of the wording just didn't fit into how people would speak in Salem, Massachusetts. The male characters didn't speak like any 20-som
Tilliah Milwaki
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK! This book is definitely Unique

I love the characters, all are well developed with their own stories and personalities. I'm also in love with Jake and Danny. They are now on my list of book boyfriends.

Keira is a young girl with some amazing gifts that have been passed down through the generations. As a child she never wanted to know where the power she has came from. But now, after the death of her grandfather and realising there are other families like hers out there, some who are connected w
Aira
Jan 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF
I was really looking forward to the book to be sorely disappointed, this was actually painful to read. My main beef with the book is Keira, I can understand the author trying to make the ideal female character but seriously, this woman is perfect! and there's nothing wrong with perfection except it makes it really hard for the reader to empathise and connect with the book. I knew I wouldn't like her the moment she described herself... no make up and athletic build without exercise? Please! Ev
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
  • Flight Behavior
  • You Really Are Full of Shit, Aren't You?
  • The Circle Trilogy (The Circle, #1-3)
  • The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1)
  • Trinity (Dark Legacy Cycle, #1)
  • A Long Way Down
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1)
  • Whale Talk
  • Forgotten Lore: Volume I
  • Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2)
I have lived in Droylsden, Manchester, all my life. I live with my parents, my younger sister, Cheryl, and her little girl, Faith.

I never knew what I wanted to do with my life until I began writing. This is my dream. I get most of my inspiration from music. I’ll sit listening to it and suddenly I’m no longer in the room. My stories play like movies in my mind, then I go and write them down.

I'm a

Bloodlines (3 books)
  • Torment (Bloodlines, #2)
  • Revelations (Bloodlines, #3)