Start by marking “Angel (Maximum Ride, #7)” as Want to Read:
Angel (Maximum Ride, #7)

Angel (Maximum Ride #7)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  43,868 Ratings  ·  1,921 Reviews
In the seventh book in the bestselling series, evil scientists are still trying to convince Max that she needs to save the world, this time by providing the genetic link in speeding up the pace of evolution. Worse, they're trying to convince her that her perfect mate is Dylan, the newest addition to the flock. The problem is that, despite herself, Max is starting to believ ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 384 pages
Published February 14th 2011 by jimmy patterson

To ask other readers questions about Angel, please sign up.

Tobi Personally i think angels a brat in EVERY book (except for like the first one) i read this series a few months ago but i feel like this was one of the…morePersonally i think angels a brat in EVERY book (except for like the first one) i read this series a few months ago but i feel like this was one of the books that really made me wanna slap the little chick. I was talking about it at school with one of my friends and she was like "I know right!!! Angel is such a bittttcc" and she stopped herself before she could finish the whole sentence. But yah! Angels a freakin brat(less)

Kaela
Jun 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SPOLIERS. LOTS AND LOTS OF SPOILERS.

*for all reading this, I want you to know that I am an avid, crazy- obsessed max ride fan. its just that this one installment... well, you'll see.I might update this later, when I sound more normal and get the disapointment out of my system.*

and since it's MR, I can't rate it lower than a four. Sorry to all those who agree with the following review.
__________________________________________________________________

Dear James Patterson,

I am willing to forget
Paige
Jun 21, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Finished this so long ago but never reviewed. SO MANY FLAWS!!!!!!!!!

Love Maximum Ride, but really James Patterson, I'm beginning to hate you.

Flaw 1: Max and Fang were in LOVE. They were best friends before that and would tell each other ANYTHING. Once they see each other in this book they have nothing to say to each other and act like strangers! Okay, maybe I was expecting a little heartfelt reunion, but THIS?!?! What the hell was THAT?! That was two middle school friends seeing each other after
Alex
Mar 24, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nooooooooooooo is not fair is iggy's turn !!!!! >:(

People in James Patterson's personal page he posted the first 8 chapters of Angel and they were... disturbing you'll see when you finish chapter 8.
Ayla
Hmmm... I think if Fang dies, I will too. So that's why I feared for my life in Fang.

I think I know what Max would say right about now: "If Fang is in any way harmed - if he gets a hangnail - you won't see another morning."

As for the whole Max/Dylan thing, it would depend on if it lasts. This would be the ideal situation:
1. Max falls for Dylan
2. Max sees Fang or hears from him or something like that.
3. Max realizes that she loves Fang more than Dylan
4. Fang gets jealous/ protective of Max
5. Dy
Lyndsey
Also posted on STRANGEMORE.COM.

Oh schnikes.

James Patterson is now using the word "imprint" now. God help us all.

Well, considering the imprinting in this book is from one teenager to another and that they are actually BIRD mutants (the term imprint originated from the act of a baby bird bonding with it's mother), it isn't quite as icky as a wolf imprinting on and falling in instatruelove with a newborn baby. Because we all know that bestiality combined with pedophilia is totally romantic, right?
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Okay, I have officially been putting off this review for more than a week. This always seems to happen to me after I read a Maximum Ride book ... and that's because, writing reviews for them is so dang exhausting. There's so many things wrong with them, I just can't ... even ... GAH! As you can see, I am already speechless with horror. The fact that these books are popular/best-selling is ten times as mind-blowing as the fact that they were published in the first place––which just makes me sad. ...more
Ashley
I'm just wondering how many more books in this series there are going to be. Even the description admits it: "evil scientists are still trying to convince Max that she needs to save the world..." STILL?! Come on Mr. Patterson, how much more can you drag this out? Seriously, here are my suggestions:

1. Kill Angel (the evil, little, back-stabbing brat).
2. Let Fang return.
3. Let Max save the world.
4. Give the Flock a happy ending.

--------------------------------------Edit 3/17--------------------
Sakina (Y.L.) Angel
Max and Fang are gonna get to see each other before the whole twenty years spiel? Phew.

Impending love triangle...

O_o

For me, the Voice may have said that Dylan was Max's genetic match, but Fang will always be her soulmate.
Michaela
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Canadagirl
This series should have ended three books ago, before all that stupid global warming stuff. And I hear there will be yet ANOTHER book coming out after this.
I LOVE Maximum Ride, but seriously, even good things have to come to an end. And if this ends up like all the other series I read that went on too long, the series is only gonna get worse. From what I've read of Angel, that's the way it's going to be.

I mean, issues:

-Dylan. Ewwwww. Just, no.
-Fang leaves. News flash James Patterson. Fang is on
Christa
Sep 08, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Angel. Must. Die. ‘Nuff said >.< Gawwwww she is SO lucky I can't sprout my own pair of wings on command, otherwise she'd need a bunker to hide in! She's such a backstabbing little BRAT! WHYYYYY hasn't Max kicked her butt already?! She needs a good old fashion SMACK UPSIDE THE HEAD!!!! Anyway.......
Dear Fang,
I miss you! Max has lost her mind! This stupid Dylan kid is moving in on your girl man! Are you gonna take that?! NO!!! No we’re not! You KNOW you can’t stand the guy. Heck, I wanna k
Mel
Ok so I'm in love with the Maximum Ride Series and have read every book twice. I like the Illustrated versions but they got Fang and Nudge all wrong. Anyway, back to Angel.... I agree with many others that James Patterson should really include Nudge, Gazzy and Iggy more. I'm tired of everything always being about Max or Angel.
Here's what should happen:

1) Max should fall for Dylan
2) Fang should find out and become jealous causing him to come back and fight for Max
3) Angel should DIE (and bring
Bri
Jan 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick Warning, contains spoilers from book 6

Ok so I have been waiting for this book since... well since 'Fang' came out!! I love this series, but I have to say that... 'FANG' WAS THE WORST BOOK EVER!!! Why? I'll tell you why:

Number 1: Fang fricking left!! WTF!! How could he? ~sob~ I nearly cried, and after I got over my sadness I threw the book at a wall (or at least I wanted to).
Number 2: Dylan? Really? SERIOUSLY?! No way. No fricking way!! That cannot happen!! Fax forever!!
Number 3: I despise
Erica
MAJOR SPOILER ALERTS!!!

Because it is a Maximum Ride a novel, it deserves at least a 4, but based on the decisions made in this book, it deserves a 1.

The characters in this book suck, the only part i liked in the book was when Gazzy said on the plane"So, Max and Dylan are supposed to go off to Germany and have kids . . .", and Max and Fang hate each other.
Here is a list of the characters i hate the most in this book.

1. Max
2. Dylan
3. Maya

Why do I hate Max . . . ?
1. She lets Dylan make out with he
Karen Baker
If I had enjoyed books 4 and 5, I actually might be excited about this.

But seriously, James Patterson should have ended this series a LONG time ago. Books 4 & 5 were immensely boring and seemed like fillers. But maybe that's just me. I mean, what's the deal with all of this eco-friendly crap?

Seriously?

The answer: sadly, yes.

Personally, I despise Angel. Here Max is, practically being her friggin mom and saving her butt, and all Angel does is push Max out of the Flock and declare herself leade
Lessly
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants to know what JP is up to in this lovely little BOOK.
**CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS. YOU SHOULD SERIOUSLY READ THE PAST BOOKS IF YOUR GONNA READ THIS ONE.**

Well, maybe a two-and-a-half?

I don't have high hopes for this book, really. Fang was just... Extremely extended Drabble. Just saying.

I mean, I loooove Fang himself. Reading the first four books, I thought to the side, "Aww, they're perfect for each other! They HAVE to get together! :3" Then reading Max, "Oh, YES! Finally! :D" Come Fang, and here's what I thought. "-___- Oh, please."

Last time I chec
Morgan Walsh
(sad sigh)
You know how some books make you squeal in delight once you buy them, even if you know bad things are going to happen in that book? You just have to be happy, because you love the series and the characters and you know it'll all be alright, even if you also have an inkling that some of the main characters are going to die?
Yeah. I don't feel that anymore for this series.
The first three books, they were great. The series could have--and maybe should have--ended there. And why? Because th
Jacqueline Smith
Oh my gosh, what is he thinking?? I mean seriously I love most of his books, and all of the Maximum Ride books but there are most definatly sevral flaws.... okay alot of flaws. Why the hell is he allowing Angel into the Flock again, I mean what dose she have to do to get offically kicked out? kill one of them? take over the world? betray them for the upteenth time? Also why the heck did Fang leave... I mean statistically I see why he had too but this is basically what happened

Fang: I love you M
Asch-Lee
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I freakin' NEED this book! My life depends on it! Well, not really, but I'm obsessed with the Maximum Ride series and I don't know if I can wait till next year!

Update:

Finally! Finally I have this book in my hands! Now, let's see if it lives up to the Maximum Ride name.

Yet again...another update:

I just finished this book today and, to my surprise, I really liked it. I mean, I totally ship FAX, but I wouldn't mind it if Max and Dylan got together. I'm still kinda angry at Fang for leaving Max in t
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Veronica
Aug 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angel is a butt poop!!! Shes scary with that "I want to lead the flock" thing! And now shes ganna be the herion? NO! And Yeah, when does Iggy get his turn to be all awesome? I was very excited for this book to come out and now, not so much. Fang is amazing, how could Max not wait for him? He did what he thought was right. Whatever.
R
Dec 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Max Ride Fans
Recommended to R by: The first Maximum Ride book was suggested to me by Phosie
Shelves: max-ride
Lulu
Jan 19, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Angel - Continuing the Twilightification of The Maximum Ride Series or saving it from a fate worse then death? SPOILERS!

First, Uh, Angel it's Iggy's turn to have the spotlight. :/ Poor Iggy, it looks as if he's been pushed to the side in the Max Ride novels. He had the potential to be such a great character too...

Secondy, JP, I honestly hope this book is better the past three. Everything after the third book has just been so... Bland. I've been so disappointed with the direction these books have
Anne Osterlund
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max is dealing. With being followed all around by the I-have-been-programmed-for-you-Dylan. With saving the world—naturally. And with the heartbreak of losing Fang.

It’s bad enough that he left—for a whole other section of the country. And that he’s setting up his own team of kids as if Max and the flock aren’t good enough. But then . . . he goes and invites Max’s clone onto his team!

There is going to be a reckoning. Soon.

Fun. What more can I say? Isn’t that what Maximum Ride is all about? I love
dyanne
Nov 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one. Absolutely no one. And that goes DOUBLE for MaxRide fans
This is what I thought fang and max were like BEFORE I read this book:

Max: I'm sarcastic and seem indifferent, but I will never let go of the people that I love.
Fang: I don't say much, or look like I feel much, but that's because I need to be there to hold the flock up. And to hold Max up. And that goes double for Max.

here's what they are like to me now.

Max: Oh my gosh, Fang went away, and I was like, sad for three days but then this super hot guy that I barely even know said he liked me so now
Sep 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well this book was the best!!! i really loved it but hate that i have to wait a year for the next one =[ such a cliff hanger !! grr ...and i dont care that in this book dylan is the "better guy" TEAM FANG ALL THE WAY!!!.. i mean like he will come around right>? =/

I CANT WAITTTT!!!!!!!!!
but please let fang come back i LOVE him and everyone knows he and max belong together ... get the other guy that was "made for her" [BULL] out of the picture PLEASE !! let fang come back and lets hope angel h
Alienne
Please, no. Just...no. Hasn't this series been dragged through the mud enough? At least we'll get some closure to the ending of Fang. Hopefully this time the series'll be done for good-the phrase 'should have left well enough alone' comes to mind.
Nikki
Dec 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I ever go camping, I'll take this series with me. You can never bring too much kindling. Or toilet paper alternatives.
Fairelle
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I recently read Angel and Fang, and I have like a billion complaints. I'm actually disappointed for the most part considering this is one of my favorite book series ever. I loved the humor and the characters (before book #6) .The plot is getting a bit messy and it's pretty unorganized. I'm not sure if it was bad or good.
WARNING, POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

I feel as if I have to put Max first.
Max: Please, JP, I'm begging you, get rid of her mushy mushy-ness. I used to love Max, she was so bad ass and funn
Lanie
2.5 stars, really. I enjoy James Patterson's straight to the point sort of writing. His books are (usually) fun, action packed, and never require a lot of brain power to "get." His books are very entertaining in a mindless fun kind of way. You don't have to think to much about them. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Lol. See what I did there? ;)

and I love the "maximum ride" series as a whole. Mutant kids? Mad scientists? Crazy science fiction monsters? Apocalypse? Yes! Sign me up! I very much li
Highschool Roleplay 1 4 Feb 07, 2017 07:37AM
Fang or Dylan 11 9 May 23, 2015 06:06PM
FANG OR DYLAN 2599 788 May 21, 2015 07:26PM
ASF 7th Grade Books: Maximum Ride #7 1 1 Jan 25, 2015 09:39AM
Last Maximum Ride Book- Thoughts? 18 36 Nov 19, 2014 11:47AM
Crazy for Young A...: Angel (Maximum Ride, #7) by James Patterson → Start Date: July 9, 2014 28 40 Aug 15, 2014 08:09PM
  • Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)
  • Sabotaged (The Missing, #3)
  • So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3)
  • Darkfall (Healing Wars, #3)
  • Sweep: Volume 5 (Sweep, #13-15)
  • Rip Tide (Dark Life, #2)
  • Seizure (Virals, #2)
  • Talus
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • Plague (Gone, #4)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Betrayal (Chasing Yesterday, #2)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • Dormia (Dormia, #1)
  • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Maximum Ride (9 books)
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
  • School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)
  • Max (Maximum Ride, #5)
  • Fang (Maximum Ride, #6)
  • Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)
  • Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9)
“Some kids get called 'bundles of joy' or 'slices of heaven' or 'dreams come true.' We got 'the fifty-fourth generation of DNA experiments.' Doesn't have the same warm and fuzzy feel. But maybe I'm oversensitive.” 277 likes
“Who, last time I'd checked, was still on our official archenemy list. (Yes, we have to keep a list. It's kind of sad.)” 195 likes