Start by marking “Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)

Shadow Wolf

(Wolves of the Beyond #2)

The second installment in bestselling author Kathryn Lasky's staggering WOLVES OF THE BEYOND series, a spinoff of the legendary Guardians of Ga'Hoole books.
The wolf pup Faolan was born with a twisted paw, a slight defect that caused his wolf clan to abandon him in the forest to die. But Faolan, with the help of the grizzly bear who raised him as her own, survived.
Now he'
Published October 1st 2010 by Scholastic Press

Steven R. McEvoy
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kathryn Lasky, in the forward wrote: "I have always thought that writing is not a solitary performance, but a collaborative - one between an author and the past-what she has read, listened to, and absorbed. The shoulders of giants are not just reserved for scientists as Newton suggested, but writers and artists perch there as well. If I have overlooked in my acknowledgments any giants, I apologize." She might be standing on the shoulders of giants but I am sure generations to come will consider ...more
Brandon Thomas
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book Shadow Wolf by Kathryn Lansky is about a wolf Faolan who was born. With a twisted paw and is rejected from the pack. Continuing from the first book Faolan has to try and fit into his new pack ands a low ranking gnaw wolf. As he encounters many obstacles along his way in the pack he finds solutions and ways to make life as a gnaw wolf easier.

Overall I thought this was a great book just like the first one. I would recommend this book and series to people of all ages and people who are
Pyae Phoo
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Leona  Carstairs
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always feel so sorry for the gnaw wolves! They are marked "cursed" at birth, get abandoned and left to die, and if they do survive and make their way back to the pack, they are treated so cruelly. Come here gnaw wolves, I'll love you and feed you moose liver and caribou meat and all the stuff you never get to eat!!!! I feel especially sorry for Faolin, and Edme too, since she is from the most vicious pack. I liked this one better than the first, I liked the gaddergnaw (a competition for wolves to be cho ...more
Allie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(My 12 year old son's rating.)
Emily
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this one much better. Stuff actually happened and there was a logical storyline to follow. It has redeemed the series a little bit.
Caleb
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
John Parvin
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, youth, unowned, fantasy
Lori Schiele
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: wolf-books, fiction
SAME REVIEW AS BOOK ONE AND BOOK THREE OF THE SERIES:

The Wolves of the Beyond trilogy is a spin-off by the author of the Guardians of the Ga'Hoole -- the YA series, and also a motion picture, about owls of the Beyond. Shadow Wolf is Book Two of this newer series: Wolves of the Beyond.
Although written for a young adult audience, I still enjoyed most of it (although my vast knowledge of wolves kept pointing out the wrongs and rights about the book). I found the series interesting tales as long a
Foreign Grid
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this more and less than the last one.

More because there was some actual plot and an antagonist, less because Faolan spiraled into not only being spechul, but being a spechul cliche. Also it was pretty obvious who the murderer was.
I bet money he's a reincarnation or something.
Raegan   Ralls
Dec 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I am no longer going to read any more of Kathryn s books.
Twyla
Noah
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jasmine
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The shadow” is the second book of wolves of the beyond written by Kathryn Lasky talks about Faolan finally had a bit suit the life in the wolf pack. But the wolves in the pack found a died baby wolf had killed by a wolf, and wolves that was what Faolan did. Faolan found the evidence of the real murderer and had let him get out of the wolf pack. And also, Faolan finally won the gnawing bone race and had get into protect the volcano, that’s a really big honour.
Larkin O
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-favorites
Rittwolf
I get that this is a middle grade series, but I feel like there is way too much repetitiveness in these books. Not just reminders from one book to the next, but within each story itself. Sadly, I probably won't be continuing with the series.

*spoiler-ish*
I don't need to be reminded over and over just how graphic the wolf cubs death was.
Alexandra
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sean Harding
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Second book in the series, but the nagging feeling that I should read the Guardians series grew to the point where I wasn't enjoying it as much as I could have. I will revisit the series after reading the Guardians books with I think fresher insight.
Madison Young
Super disappointed. I was impressed with the first one and it wasn’t too little-kiddie but this one was. It was also SUPERRR boring. There’s no real story it’s just pretty meh. Couldn’t bring myself to finish this. Got about 30% through. Will not be completing the series.
Mona Gonzalez-Tricker
I'm a fond of Lasky books, but I couldn't get into this book. There is so much darkness.
Scarlett
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

This was an absolutely amazing book! The description of everything made you feel like you were actually there. It is also great for wolf-lovers alike!
Louve
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know what the big deal about the pup being murdered was all about, the wolves were just going to have her killed anyway.
Gylfie Whitneyi
LOVE THIS SERIES! Fav characters in this one are Edme, Tearlach, Whistler, Creakle, and Faolan.
Analyssa Myers
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Made the emotions in my heart a flurry.
Sadness, happiness, fury, and heartfelt..
Honestly my favorite book, I have never in my life read something so captivating.
Richard Bunaskavich
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting book
Angela
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What exactly is the time period of these books?
Alicia
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
love this audible series! for adults and 8 y/os
DaiseeMae Linder
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-1, 1-2-3
I loved the book so much.
A. J. Deschene
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Look at the cute puppy! I having so much fun reading this series.
Shelby P.
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-a-copy
I liked this book a little better than the first. It shows how the little wolf, Folan, adapts to the pack as the lowest ranking wolf of the pack.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Wolves Of The Beyond Shadow Wolf 1 4 Mar 27, 2014 07:46PM
Guardians & Wolves: Shadow Wolf #2 2 9 Nov 02, 2011 05:53PM

• Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Fire in the Sky (Seekers, #5)
  • The Storm (Dogs of the Drowned City, #1)
  • The Golden Cat (The Wild Road #2)
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
Kathryn Lasky is the American author of many critically acclaimed books, including several Dear America books, several Royal Diaries books, 1984 Newbery Honor winning Sugaring Time, The Night Journey, and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series.

She was born June 24, 1944, and grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana, and is married to Christopher Knight, with whom she lives in Massachusetts.

Book 15, The War of t15,

Wolves of the Beyond (6 books)
  • Lone Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #1)
  • Watch Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #3)
  • Frost Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #4)
  • Spirit Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #5)
  • Star Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #6)
“Are you scared of going in to see the raghnaid [the council]?” asked a gray female pup.
“Are you cag mag [crazy]? If a bear was his Milk Giver, you think he’s scared of the raghnaid?”
10 likes
“One of the vilest secrets of the MacHeaths was that they would purposely maim young pups, hoping to gain a place in the Watch of the Sacred Volcanoes.” 0 likes