Start by marking “The Twain Shall Meet” as Want to Read:
The Twain Shall Meet

The Twain Shall Meet

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Mark Twin's mind in modern times. Insight with bite.
Nook, 260 pages
Published October 16th 2009 by Smashwords, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Twain Shall Meet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twain Shall Meet

pop
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

My review of Twain Shall Meet, by j guevara

The Twain Shall Meet is the most engaging novel to cross my path in recent memory. Not only is this brilliant work great in it's own right, it brings to mind all the extraordinary works of Mark Twain that I read years ago. The Twain Shall Meet has everything anyone could ask for in a novel, whether it's laugh-out-loud humor, witty humor that makes you think, or social commentary clothed in a white linen suit of humor. Those that already know Twain, bo
Christy Stewart
This might not be a selling point but when I first saw the book I thought "Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure!" This can sound like an insult, but it isn't. Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure is the smartest movie ever made.

Almost as cool as that movie is Mark Twain. My public school education made me grimace at the mention of his name but as an adult I have found that the man was a total badass. The suggestion of "What would Mark Twain think of the world today?" isn't a rare one but the appli
Darcia Helle
The Twain Shall Meet is completely unique and a fun read! Mark Twain comes back from the dead, in a matter of speaking, for 30 days. During his time in modern America, he makes observations about our current culture. He compares life today with life in the 1800s and discusses his powerful insights. All of this is woven into a story of adventure for a man unfamiliar with modern life.

Eva Cutler
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Twain Shell Meet is a cleverly disguised social commentary wrapped in a fantastically imaginative package.
Full of intelligent humor, Twain is an entertaining easy to read book of how we humans fail to hold dear what matters most in life.
Marva
May 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
I recommend j guevara's novelization of Mark Twain's return to the world of the living as he's carried to earth riding Halley's Comet.

Set in 1986 Key West, I'll take j's word for the Key scene (never been there).

His interpretation of what Samuel Clemen's would be like if he did return to the world was spot on. I'm a Mark Twain fan and have read most (all?) of his books.

Using direct quotes from Twain and well-interpreted extrapolations on what Twain might say if he came back, j created an enter
Marva
Feb 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Set in 1986 Key West, I'll take j's word for the Key scene (never been there).

Jaleta Clegg
Part philosophy essay, part homage to Mark Twain, part quirky character studies, this book is a light-hearted romp through the Florida Keys in modern times with none other than Mark Twain. See, he never died, he was carried away on Halley's Comet. Returned to earth with the comet for only a few weeks, he describes our modern times with humor, wit, and biting insight. If you are easily offended, don't bother reading this book. I don't agree with many of the viewpoints expressed in this book, but ...more
Sharon
Feb 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would our world look like to Mark Twain if he showed up in the present day? That's what author j guevara (lower case) shows us in "The Twain Shall Meet."

First-person narrator Reid Fuhrman finds Mark Twain washed up on the beach at Key West and decides that he needs to show the author what the world has come to -- from Walt Disney World and cell phones to what we wear at the beach.

Turns out that this isn't Mark's first visit; he shows up with Halley's Comet. So, he has several eras to consi
J. Guevara
Jan 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
fun read. if you're a Twain fan you'll love it; if not, you will be.

Readers Favorite and American Chronicle recently gave it a 5* rating
And Christy liked it. All I need to know.

Kate L
Jun 23, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry to say I was too distracted by just how unlikeable the main character was to really enjoy the Mark Twain aspect of it. I would have enjoyed it if there was less of the main character's opinions and more of Twain's, as I am a huge Twain fan. Good concept, bad character.
Debra Slater-Manter
This is destined to be a classic! Just like all of the Twain writings
before it! Captivating!!
John Rachel
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mesmerizing. His ability to channel Mark Twain was awe-inspiring. Interesting premise.
Christie Peterson
Mar 30, 2014
genny
May 18, 2010
J. Guevara
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nathan
rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2010