Start by marking “CLIL: Content and Language Integrated Learning” as Want to Read:
CLIL: Content and Language Integrated Learning

CLIL: Content and Language Integrated Learning

CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) has emerged since the millennium as a major trend in education. Written by Do Coyle, Philip Hood and David Marsh and drawing on their experience of CLIL in secondary schools, primary schools and English language schools across Europe, this book gives a comprehensive overview of CLIL. It summarises the theory which underpins t ...more
Published May 24th 2010 by Cambridge University Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about CLIL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CLIL

Ko
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
CLIL is the best method to improve the L2 skills. It focuses on both content and forms at the same time.
Diz
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: education
This book introduces the concept of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), which basically means teaching both a foreign or second language and subject content in the same class. I think language teachers will find a lot to think about in this book, and may even want to develop some content courses and try them out. A lot of practical advice is provided here, including how to plan a syllabus, create materials, and evaluate the students' work.
Ildus Mukhametov
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find the book to be a quality introduction into the subject area. Particularly enlightening for soon-to-be CLIL teachers, the work constitutes a solid background for further percolation into this yet newly shaping sphere.
On the other hand, this is not a cookbook, so no ready-made hands-on worksheets or lesson plans are there for you (even though a couple of websites can be found in chapter 6).
Taziana Giusti
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect to have a CLIL accurate overview!

I really appreciate the framework offered by the authors. The book will be very useful for me, especially the part that focus on assessment.
Adrian Buck
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lang-ed

I made a sort of New Year's resolution to read four books related to Education this year, and this, half way through May, is the first - though I am also half way through a book on teaching phonetics! It was good to read something intelligent and academic about what I actually spend my time doing, mostly because my own thoughts tend to crystallise through disagreeing with what I read. The most important thing I disagree with in this book is the strong distinction it tries to make between languag
Alexander Sjödin Lundholm
Having read the entire book, I am still not sure what exactly CLIL is or entails. I'm just frustrated.
Marcel
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice, helpful overview of CLIL, although ultimately, you have to largely re-invent the wheel with your own learners. Such is the nature of the content-based beast.
Azat Sultanov
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice CLIL overview. Looks like I'll have to reread it again. At times I found myself not knowing what I was reading. May be it's the language.
Rose