Start by marking “Приспивна песен” as Want to Read:
Приспивна песен

Приспивна песен

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  83,023 ratings  ·  2,827 reviews
"В свят, където клетвите не струват нищо, обетите са само празни слова, а обещанията се дават, за да бъдат нарушавани, би било хубаво да видиш как думите възвръщат своята мощ – размишлява главният герой. – Трудно е да се каже дали новият свят на тишина ще е по-лош от стария - с бумтящата музика, рева на телевизорите, крясъците на радиото."

Представете си приспивна песен, ко
Published 2004 by Ера (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Приспивна песен, please sign up.
Ryan Corbitt To sum it up... Read it. It's worth it. Why just read the foreplay? May as well finish it and get the full bang.

·  83,023 ratings  ·  2,827 reviews

Jeff
Aug 02, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who dye their hair black.
Oh Chuck Palahniuk, why do the kids love you? Years and years and years have passed while I have worked in a bookstore and every single year is the same, some kind of cool hipster guy or girl will come in and ask for anything by Chuck Palahniuk, bestowing praises upon his writing. Okay, I get it. The hipsters love him. Brad Pitt was in a movie based on a Palahnuik book, which was about crazy wacky anarchy, which the young hipsters love.
So, I finally sat myself down and cracked open this lovely b
Kemper
To most people a lullaby is a soothing song meant to help coax a child to sleep, but in Chuck Palahniuk’s hands it becomes a death spell that can kill anyone. Of course, that’s not twisted enough for Chuckie P. so he had to throw in some witchcraft, necrophilia and dead babies to really make it a party.

Carl Streator is a newspaper reporter working on a feature about infant crib deaths, and he has his own tragic experience in that area. When Streator sees a book containing an African chant at se
Matt
Aug 07, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no.
Shelves: badnovels
Chuck has never been a very good writer. He comes up with interesting ideas, uses them as a vehicle for a shitty novel, then I read it, and am disappointed every time. I have since stopped reading his books but my girlfriend says they still suck.
Lyn
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eudora Welty once said something to the effect that Southern gothic works because people in the South can still recognize grotesque.

Chuck Palahniuk may be the vanguard of the post-modern gothic literary group as he can definitely recognize what is grotesque in our culture. “Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me” is an old saying that Palahniuk dissects and violates with an impish joy usually only seen in 8th grade biology.

Centered around the unfortunate discovery of
Chloe
When you pick up a Chuck Palahniuk book you know that you are going to plunge ever-so-briefly into a raging torrent of absurdity, horror so whimsical that you laugh even as you cringe, and insightful looks at contemporary living. It seems a cheap shot to call his work formulaic, but once you've read through 6 or 7 of his books, the pattern emerges and you have a vague idea of what to expect.

It was Lullaby that finally brought this realization home to me. You have the protagonist, a man who seems
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
Δεν θυμάμαι και πολλά από το βιβλίο. Θυμάμαι όμως ότι α) δεν είχα ενθουσιαστεί και β) έκανα πολύ καιρό να το τελειώσω άρα raiting 2,5
Michael Breen
Jul 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: goodstuff
The war of who can crank their radio louder than their neighbor. Avoiding the big picture by looking at things too closely. Big Brother filling your head with marketing noise 24-7 so you he doesn't have to worry about what your thoughts cause he created them. Control. Unlikely families. Journalism. These are the tried-and-true themes that Palahniuk has worked before in other forms in other books and they all come together nicely with Chuck's dead pan, sarcastic sense of humor. The premise of the ...more
O.M. Grey
May 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Brilliant. That's the word, the only word, that came to mind as I started reading Palahniuk's Lullaby. I struggled to keep reading, as I was too impressed with the prose. As a writer, reading Palahniuk made me feel like a dancing monkey in comparison.

By the time I hit the halfway mark, I struggled to keep reading for an altogether different reason. It had become too fragmented, repetitive, and just plain boring.

At the beginning, this passage stopped me. Full stop. Absolute. No going further ou
Mort
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS
Not since the guy who writes error messages for Microsoft have I seen anyone who can piss off his critics more. It seems like you either ‘get’ his writing or you don’t.
Personally, I’ve only read five of his novels so far, but (with the exception of Rant, perhaps) I thought they were all great.
Here’s the thing:
His books aren’t very long, which means he uses his words sparingly and to maximum effect. His sense of humor is dark and shocking, something I can appreciate. He always comes up w
Darwin8u
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
“After long enough, everyone in the world will be your enemy.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Lullaby

description

Chuck Palahniuk can sometimes be casually dismissed as an oversold shock author who appeals to a certain type of hipster reader who buys his books (and now comics) with a slavish devotion usually reserved for members of an asteroid cult. Sometimes that view rings true. Occasionally, Palahniuk will deliver a book or an idea that is more of a gimp monster or lame demon of mediocrity than an explosive novel of
Nate
Mar 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with a great sense of humor and/or Palaniuk fans
Shelves: favorites
Palahniuk makes another social statement(criticism) with Lullaby, but this time with more humor than he's mustered in any of his other books. It definitely helps to be somewhat cynical about the modern world, if you want to enjoy this book (good rule of thumb w/ any C.P books). But even if you love life, there's much to appreciate in the this book, mainly the fact that it's hysterically funny and the events that occur that are really bizarre.
The story revolves around the main character who stu
محمد
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to محمد by: هشام فهمي
ربما كانت هذه الرواية أشد ما قرأت من نقد للمجتمع الامريكي، تشاك بولانيك يفتح النار على الجميع، الهيبيين ورجال الأعمال والمستوطنين القدامى والمحافظين على البيئة والمعترضين على المحافظين على البيئة، كلهم كلهم.
كتاب تعاويذ غريب، وتعويذة سحرية تحقق أمنيات الأجزاء حالكة السواد من نفوس الأبطال، تحولهم التعويذة إلى أنصاف آلهة، ولا تنتهي الرواية كروايتي بولانيك نادي القتال والناجي الأخير، بل هذه المرة تأتي أغنية المهد بنهاية نصف مفتوحة، تتيح لنا - وللكاتب - أن نسرح جميعًا بخيالنا في حوادث وشخصيات أخرى له
Sean
Sep 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The only novel by the acclaimed author of Fight Club that I've read, this book is more or less an essay concerning the contaminating effects caused by the constant "noise" to which Americans have grown accustomed in their lives. Be it mass media, advertisements everywhere one turns, or talking heads always telling one what to do and when to do it, this noise is everywhere, and utterly inescapable, the author argues. While I generally agree with the author's displeasure over constant sensory over ...more
Joel Lacivita
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chuck took me on an interesting ride with Lullaby. It’s about a culling poem that will kill people when they hear it. But that’s a very simple way of explaining this book, there’s a lot more to it. It has several themes but it seems to be mostly about how people are never in total control of themselves. We are all possessed by something. I liked the way he talked about people that have problems with excess (ie. Drinking, eating, gambling, etc…) are actually being possessed by ghosts of people wh ...more
Wayne Barrett

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can hurt like hell."

Another great satirical/horror by Mr Chuck... 'Warning, if you have read this book and suffer bleeding hemorrhoids caused by sudden outbursts of laughter you may be eligible to participate in a class action law suit'.

A childrens poem that has been quietly causing the death of infants, children, and their parents, turns out to be an ancient African culling song. A magical remedy that was originally intended to put the weak and i
Catten
Nov 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Palahniuk, the Portlander (Oregon, not Maine) who wrote the cult classic Fight Club, has four other novels. One of them is Lullaby, which might or might not be just as off-the-wall as its more popular brother.

The book opens with a scene from a real estate office. Helen Hoover Boyle and her assistant Mona listen to a police scanner for deaths (and potential sales) and field calls from frightened new homeowners who have bought what Helen calls "distressed" (haunted) houses. Helen sells the same ho
Lauren
Lullaby was my first book to read by Chuck Palahniuk. I was so very impressed with his writing style and his well-crafted story.

Assigned to investigate Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, a reporter uncovers an ancient culling spell. When he learns the power of the spell, and the damage it can do, he sets out with some other very interesting characters, to remove this poem/spell from every library and bookstore in the country.

In my opinion, the power of Palahniuk's style is in his use of repeated phra
Michele
Aug 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aside from not knowing how to pronounce this author's last name, reading this book was quick and easy (I read it in three days worth of bus rides to school and back). But just because it's an easy read doesn't mean it's not thought provoking.

Palahniuk wrote Fight Club which was made into a movie starring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. (If you haven't seen the movie, go see it - it combines the uncertainty of a Sixth Sense or the confusion of a Memento with the light hearted social critique/comment
Whitney
Apr 04, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, not-a-fan
It's been a few years since I read this book but I just happened to see it in my recommendations and wanted to nip this in the bud before GoodReads decided to do me anymore favors.
I remember reading this with expectations built on everyone telling me how great and awesome it was. Even though I wasn't into spreading my literary wings at the time, I gave it a go because who doesn't trust their friends? Liars, all of them.

Lullaby is like some pretentious, avant-garde art piece that is supposed to
Mariam
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
მართალია, თავიდან კუს ნაბიჯებით მივბობღავდი, მაგრამ ბოლოს ისეთი საინტერესო და ჩამთრევი აღმოჩნდა, სულ დამავიწყა დასაწერი რომ მაქვს 1000 სიტყვიანი ესე (არადა, ჩემი მომავალი გარკვეულწილად ამაზეა დამოკიდებული). ჰოდა, იმის თქმა მინდოდა, რომ მომხიბლე, ჩაკ, ძალიან მომხიბლე.
Jackdaw
After reading Lullaby, I'm officially a member of the Cult.

Chuck, you are to me what Oprah Winfrey is to Josh Nichols.
description
PUMPKINHEAD
Palahniuk's a total trip, man.

The premise of this book caught my attention: People are being killed using an ancient 'culling song', a tribal spell sang to the old or infirmed to put them to sleep... permanently. Neat idea! I was hooked.

Other than that, I didn't know what to expect. What I got was a rollercoaster of a book that was one of the most inventive and original novels I'd read in a while. The culling song is just one aspect in this twister of a tale. Throw in a cast of questionable/od
Marco Tamborrino
Divertente e terribilmente reale. Diventa forse un po' troppo confuso alla fine, ma comunque un ottimo libro, indubbiamente superiore a Fight Club. Sublime il personaggio di Helen Hoover Boyle.
Rıdvan
Bir Chuck Palahniuk kitabı için zayıf buldum. Konu elbette enteresan. Akış yine çok sıradan ve sıkıcı başlıyor ve kitap siz hakettikçe size aksiyon ve eğlence sunuyor. Yani emek harcayıp ilerledikçe kitapta, olaylar merak uyandırmaya ve enteresan haller almaya başlıyor. Öyle bedavaya eğlence istiyorsanız Chuck Palahniuk okumayacaksınız. Ahmet Ümit falan okuyun:)
Bir adam var. Car Streator. Bir defter buluyor. Ve defterde yazılı bir büyü. Ölüm büyüsü. Bir şarkı hatta "Ninni". Bunu kimin kulağına
Salma  Mohaimeed
قصة عن السلطة والفقد، مفعمة بعنصر المفاجأة وغنية بمعلومات عن المجتمع الهيبي الأمريكي لم أكن أدري عنها وغريبة بعض الشيء.
Nicholas
Jul 19, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: First time Chuck Palahniuk readers.
Attention Readers of Edgy Black Writings, of Chuck Palahniuk

If you've read Lullaby and have felt bored you are not alone.

OKay, so this is my fourth Palahniuk book and I enjoyed the first three so much (Survivor, Choke, & Invisible Monsters)and I was very excited to read this. I got through most of it and felt really bored and unsatisfied. I mean I love the idea of the culling song and having the power to kill by voice even if you just say it in your head but I think the characters and the pl
Albert Felixovich
Oct 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Էս ինչ կարդացի ես??? Փսիխիկաս խախտվավ:
Երկար-բարակ չգրեմ էլի: Զզվելի գիրք էր: Պալանիկ էլ դժվար թե կարդամ:
Լավ բաներ կային մեջը, բայց զզվելին ավելի շատ էր:
Jenni Lou
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only real knowledge I had about Chuck Palahnuik was though the film Fight Club. (Which a terrific flick and excellently directed and photographed. It’s gotta be in my top 25-50 of all time.) I had never read one of his books before. Until now. I checked Lullaby out of the library as I was browsing around looking for something new and interesting. The librarian who checked me out remarked that he is one of her favorite authors and she owns all of his books. So I was intrigued. And this book?

I
Dana Cordelia
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read
My interest in Palahniuk was selfish: since suffering the loss of a loved one, experiencing a mental breakdown at PDX airport and, two days later, being terminated from my hellish job and thrown blindly into unemployment with no health insurance, no savings and a laundry list of neurological pills that needed popping (prescribing, and purchasing, too...) I was desperate for a distraction.

This book is aaaaallllllll about the distraction, the noise, and the general clusterfuck that spins on aroun
Rayna
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I recently stated to a friend that I had serious reservations about reading a Chuck Palahniuk novel. I, like many, do not like to be typecast into certain roles. Due to my age, interests, and lets just admit it, "quirks," I am a perfect candidate for membership in the Chuck Palahniuk fan club. Yet, for the majority of my adult life thus far I have been fighting the urge to, "drink the kool-aid," my scenester peers seem to enjoy so much. How very scenester of me, right? I mean come on, I gave the ...more
The Breakfast Club : First Book! 1 1 Mar 13, 2018 11:49AM
Book Club: Book selection #1 11 14 Dec 28, 2015 09:06AM
Palahniuk 47 277 May 02, 2013 05:18PM

• Lord of the Flies
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Hell's Half Acre
  • Dermaphoria
  • The Handmaid's Tale
  • Marabou Stork Nightmares
  • You Do Not Talk About Fight Club: I Am Jack's Completely Unauthorized Essay Collection
  • Glamorama
  • Angel Dust Apocalypse
  • Johnny the Homicidal Maniac: Director's Cut
  • Tender as Hellfire
  • Downtown Owl
Written in stolen moments under truck chassis and on park benches to a soundtrack of The Downward Spiral and Pablo Honey, Fight Club came into existence. The adaptation of Fight Club was a flop at the box office, but achieved cult status on DVD. The film’s popularity drove sales of the novel. Chuck put out two novels in 1999, Survivor and Invisible Monsters. Choke, published in 2001, became Chuck’ ...more
“Big Brother isn’t watching. He’s singing and dancing. He’s pulling rabbits out of a hat. Big Brother’s busy holding your attention every moment you’re awake. He’s making sure you’re always distracted. He’s making sure you’re fully absorbed.” 478 likes
“Maybe you don't go to hell for the things you do. Maybe you go to hell for the things you don't do. The things you don't finish.” 422 likes