Start by marking “Ciudad de cristal (Cazadores de sombras, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ciudad de cristal (Cazadores de sombras, #3)

Ciudad de cristal (The Mortal Instruments #3)

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  589,796 Ratings  ·  21,536 Reviews
Arriesgando su vida, Clary no duda en entrar en la Ciudad de Cristal sin permiso. Además, ha conocido a un misterioso y encantador cazador de sombras llamado Sebastian y está decidida a descubrir los secretos de su pasado familiar.
Pero otras urgencias la apremian: lidiar con la insolencia de Jace, reencontrarse con Simon, y sobre todo, conseguir que licántropos, vampiros y
Published April 13th 2010 by Destino (first published March 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ciudad de cristal, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Samiksha M. It's Sebastian I guess.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lila Wayne basically you can easily get the wards down with demon blood. the trick was however that you cannot get a demon inside Alicante. Sebastian was a…morebasically you can easily get the wards down with demon blood. the trick was however that you cannot get a demon inside Alicante. Sebastian was a mastermind mixture of both a nephilim and had a demon. The shadowhunter part of him got him into Alicante without being caught at the entry wards. and his demon blood was handy in order to get the wards down. So....here, valentine's little demon minion.
Also, yah, Clary and Jace not siblings anymore!! Time for more shadowhunter cocktail parties with strawberry faerie drinks!!!(less)

Rinoa Heartilly
Cara
Jul 14, 2014 Cara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cara by: Tori & Victoria
I had begun reading this laying down and drinking the words in steadily but before I knew it I was sitting on the edge of the sofa and forcing to keep up my eyes focused enough not to move too far ahead. I promised myself I wasn't going to write a spoiler review though I really wanted to. Without giving spoilers I can't stress how much a certain line did this or what took me by surprise but y'all are just going to have to read it to feel and see what I felt.

EVERYTHING is finally explained. Tha
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
At this point I'm most likely not going to continue with the Mortal Instruments series. Sometime in the future I might, but for now I'm leaving it here.
Candace
The further I get into this series, the more I enjoy it! I'm enthralled with the stories of these young characters in this paranormal world. With every book, the plot thickens and another layer of the mystery unfolds.

This third book had many tests, turns and revelations. Some, I expected and some were completely surprising to me. All of them pulled me deeper into this story and left me craving more.

Action was also plentiful in this book. An epic battle ensues that will keep you wondering what w
Rose
Bahh, i didn't really care about all the notes that Cassandra Clare made, and the scenes really felt like the book.
I was really bored until Clary started talking to Jace on the phone, then it got really exciting.

Merged review:

Entertaining!
Funny to see Aline's expression about Simon. Sebastian was pretty much how i expected him to be.

Merged review:

Cassandra Clare is sure an author who seem to have everything in mind. Of course everybody should have somebody to grieve for them! But no other autho
Danielle.
***LAST AND FINAL EDIT (JANUARY 19, 2014): I'm no longer replying to the people commenting on this review. People still don't seem to understand my warning stating "if you loved this series, don't read this." If you're going ignore THAT then I'm simply going to ignore your comment. It will not be read by me.***

Also, you may want to read through the comments before commenting. Chances are, what you're about to write may have already been stated.
_________________________________________________
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right Stars

photo kevin_damn_good_zpsolbmfoja.gif

* Major Spoilers ahead*

“I told you he’d freak out,” she said. “Didn’t I?” “Ah, the ‘I told you so,’” Jace said. “Always a classy move.”-Izzy and Jace

OMG this book was so awesome. So many things happened in this book. It was like an explosion of events. Jace and Clary my God they suffer so much. I felt so bad for their struggles. Loving each other, thinking they're brother and sister and their love is wrong. But the part where they sleep lay
Pearl Angeli
Reread: January, 2016
1st Read : July, 2014

description

This installment could be the best ending if Cassandra Clare didn't do the City of Fallen Angels. Everything I am looking for in a sequel (and finale) is already here. Extraordinary plotline and pacing, engaging characters that continue to get better as the series go by, and the vividly captivating description of Idris. This book is too powerful and well-packed with action and each chapter gets edgier. There were also more revelations here and new charac
Marcy Jo
It goes without saying that I am a lover of books. Stories, characters, and delicious prose...well...these are things that I throw myself into. My shelves are filled with countless books that i have read and loved, stories that I have enjoyed reading.
I have never enjoyed reading a book as much as I enjoyed this one. Never.

It's a scary thing when you get to the final book in a series or trilogy that you particularly care about. There's a certain amount of apprehension involved,correlating directl
Kiki
I'm going to review this properly.

Cait • A Page with a View
So I actually enjoyed this book and feel like I should have a ton to say, but first I'm taking a star off for the creepy little Lannister children and returning to that fun rant.

I know I already went on about this in my review of the previous book, but let me reiterate: EVEN IF CLARY AND JACE TURN OUT TO NOT BE SIBLINGS, THEY STILL THINK THEY ARE IN THIS BOOK. Like am I the only one who thinks being siblings is not some unfortunate barrier to overcome or a "forbidden" romance that heightens the
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Wow. I am absolutely speechless. City of Glass was indescribably epic. This was, hands down, my favorite book in the series so far. Cassandra Clare has truly outdone herself.

City of Glass was just so action-packed from beginning to end that I was literally grasping anything I could put my hands on to keep me from jumping out of my seat from excitement.

THIS is the series that everyone has been raving about.
THIS is the Cassandra Clare that everyone loves.

With that being said, I've official
P
Jun 24, 2016 P rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult

City of Glass should be the end of this series. I can't believe how I enjoyed this book beyond my expectation. Clary and Jace finally end up and figure their problems out while Alec and Magnus are much more than just flirtatious, they made my heart flutter all the time. Valentine is likewise out of the shadow and does many things to poss
Chris Horsefield
I couldn't have asked for a better ending. I got everything I wanted. I don't want to summarize the book, I'll leave that to others, but I will say that there are some heartbreakingly beautiful scenes in this book. The characters became more developed and more endearing, especially Jace. His sarcastic wit is certainly present in this book; however, he is no longer hiding behind his carefully constructed facade. His torment over Clary is glaringly obvious from the first chapter.

I noticed that ano
Reader-ramble
Sep 29, 2013 Reader-ramble rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one. Run why you still can.
Recommended to Reader-ramble by: Doing a book challenge. Regretting it.
FINALLY! It's over! I'm done with the original Mortal Instruments trilogy, and it feels so good.

Now, before I begin, I will be courteous enough to inform you all that the following review is filled with whining, griping, and spoilers. If you love anything about this series, read at your own peril. I am not responsible for any strong feelings that my ravaging of these books trigger.

Before you read this, please read my reviews of City of Bones and City of Ashes because I will be most likely refere
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
WOW. Don't mind me guys just feeling all da feels rn
Ashley
Jan 26, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, owned
Definitely the best one so far. Let's be real, I can't take another book of (view spoiler)
Afina
Jun 25, 2016 Afina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 BRILLIANT STARS

I loved loved loved it! This is the 3rd installment of The Mortal Instruments series I've read and I loved it and enjoyed it. Got to admit, I read City of Bones then City of Ashes and those two didn't grip me as I hoped it would. Now I'm absolutely not regretting picking up the 3rd one! The first half of the book didn't grasp me as much as it did with the rest though, and I did fear it won't ever be. But boy was I wrong. I now know what the hype is all about. The character
Sophie Riggsby

Still my fave in the
Laurel
Fuck this book.

Fuck everyone in it.
Fuck Clary and her Cloud Strife Shadowhunter gear and her inability to do anything relevant to the plot.
Fuck Jace for being a massive prick and unable to choose a goddamn surname.
Fuck Valentine for being a dingus.
Fuck Jocelyn for being dead weight that lasts a whole trilogy.

Fuck the prose for only talking in witty context that DOESN'T MATTER NOR DOES IT MOVE THE STORY ANY FARTHER.
Fuck every simile in this book because there's at LEAST 1000 if there's two per pa
May
Sep 09, 2015 May rated it really liked it
Una tercera parte MUCHO MEJOR que todas las novelas anteriores.

Me ha gustado mucho Ciudad de cristal porque hay una evolución de los personajes muy marcada y porque me ha atrapado como no lo han hecho el resto de novelas que ya he leído de la saga.
Me ha encantado el ritmo, los giros y el final que han tenido todos los personajes.

¡YA ESTOY EN LA MITAD DE LA SAGA! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeei. Ahora voy a por Los orígenes 1!!
Jasmine
5 STARS!

I'm finally at the halfway mark of this series, WHOOP! :D A bit slower than I imagined due to real life (blergh) but I'm enjoying it! This one has been my favorite instalment so far and deservedly gets a 5-star from me as compared to the previous two! If it's any indication, this series is getting better as I move along *happy dance*

As the title suggested, a huge portion of the book takes place in the City of Glass, also known as Idris. I just loved the setting of this one as I kept ima
grace
Jan 16, 2016 grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Re-read) I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH
Victoria Hansen
Jun 16, 2016 Victoria Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I was thinking about the first time I ever saw you," he said, "and how after that I couldn't forget you. I wanted to, but I couldn't stop myself. I forced Hodge to let me be the one who came to find you and bring you back to the Institute. And even back then, in that stupid coffee shop, when I saw you sitting on that couch with Simon, even then that felt wrong to me- I should have been the one sitting with you. The one who made you laugh like that. I couldn't get rid of that feeling. That it sho ...more
Kate ♡
Mar 29, 2016 Kate ♡ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
BLOG REVIEW

Actual Rating: 3.80/5
I’m already dreading writing this review before I even start because I literally read this for over a month (thanks school), so bare with me if I have trouble remembering things, anyway here we attempt to go…

Let me start off by saying this book was huge, and I feel like it really didn’t need to be. That’s one thing I am not so fond of in Cassie’s books (minus Clockwork Princess), is how massive they are, and the descriptions
Tamora Pierce
Apr 12, 2009 Tamora Pierce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-ya-yr
This is an action-packed, breathless, dramatic, heart-pounding conclusion to the series, with peril and pain for everyone we have grown to care about, as Clary, Jace, Luke, Simon, Isabella, and the gang try to prepare their elders for war with Valentine and the Demons, and Clary scrambles desperately for the cure for her mother's coma. Clare has put hammer-fist surprise punches into every turn, so much so that I can't really talk about the plot--except to say that it's great. Sometimes the chara ...more
Juan Vorágine
May 14, 2016 Juan Vorágine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mayo-16
4,5

El que más me ha gustado hasta la fecha. Adoro profundamente a Alec e Isabelle.

Reseña: http://voragineinterna.blogspot.com.e...
Shannon (leaninglights)
First read in November 2013.

This is where the series starts to rock for me. I loved being back in this story and seeing our characters grow and develop. I still life the back half of the series more than the first half, but City of Glass is mere perfection. It went by much faster the second time through!

Amatis feels.
Luke feels.

JUST FEELS. Okay?
Zoë
Nov 29, 2013 Zoë rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good, so very very good! My favorite book in the series so far! It was a surprisingly fast read when I was finally able to just sit down and read. It was such a satisfying ending as well and I can't wait until I get my hands on the next one!
Isabelle or Maia? 209 436 Jan 10, 2017 06:50PM
Drop Everything A...: City of Glass - Emma and Jenny 19 31 Oct 10, 2016 05:51AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare - Restarting September 18th 2016 19 43 Sep 30, 2016 11:01AM
Mortal Instrument...: * City of Glass 47 313 Aug 26, 2016 08:07AM
Sebastian Verlac/Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern 63 372 Aug 10, 2016 01:22AM
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
  • The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Demon's Surrender (The Demon's Lexicon, #3)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...

The Mortal Instruments (6 books)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)

“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.” 18572 likes
“And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me.” 9384 likes