Start by marking “Yes We Did! an Inside Look at How Social Media Built the Obama Brand” as Want to Read:
Yes We Did! an Inside Look at How Social Media Built the Obama Brand

Yes We Did! an Inside Look at How Social Media Built the Obama Brand

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
FOREWORD by Don Tapscott, author of Wikinomics and Grown Up Digital

The Obama campaign's mastery of social media for everything from fundraising to volunteer coordination has been widely reported. Until now, there hasn't been an in-depth analysis of how they did it.

In Yes We Did, new media strategist and campaign headquarters volunteer Rahaf Harfoush gives us a behind the-s
Published May 20th 2009 by New Riders Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Yes We Did! an Inside Look at How Social Media Built the Obama Brand

Chris Turner
An interesting insight to how the American political system works. I found this fascinating, a real insight to how a passion for politics at the grass roots can be supported by those at the top. So encouraging to read about so many people who were excited to be involved in this and gave time willingly to contribute.

As a lessons learned and business advice book, this was weaker. Most of the points were repeated too much and none were exactly new. This side of the book left me unimpressed; it woul
Tanya
I was really excited when I found this book. I thought it would give me some interesting insights on how a large political campaign is run from a digital marketer's point of view. What I should have anticipated is that 7 years is a long time in the digital world, and many things have since become outdated. I can't blame the book for that, and some of the concepts, I'm sure, were pretty groundbreaking at the time. It's kinda interesting to get an overview of the marketing efforts involved, but it ...more
Nick Kempinski
Conceptually it was good. The coordination between staff and volunteers was amazing.

However the one downfall - I would have liked to know more details. What services did they use? How did they come up with solutions for the type of communication they wanted?

Still a great book to gain a few insights on strategies you might not have thought of.
Raquel
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting in the beginning, but becomes redundant around the middle. I wish there would be a more clear exposition of HOW they did things, instead of insisting so much on why or where the objectives were -- those were clear very early on, but the reader ends up with a very superficial knowledge of how they used social media for the campaign.
Jennifer Osbon
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like him or not, there are great business lessons to be learned from the social campaign that elected Obama.
Josh McConnell
An inside look at how social media helped to elect a President. I had the privilege of seeing the author speak in person and met her afterward. Great example of how powerful social media is.
Amy