Start by marking “Deep Kiss of Winter ( Immortals After Dark #8; Alien Huntress #4.5 )” as Want to Read:
Deep Kiss of Winter ( Immortals After Dark #8; Alien Huntress #4.5 )

Deep Kiss of Winter (Immortals After Dark #8)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  21,587 ratings  ·  774 reviews
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR KRESLEY COLE delivers a breathtaking tale of a brutal vampire soldier about to know love for the first time . . . and a Valkyrie aching for his touch.

Murdoch Wroth will stop at nothing to claim Daniela—the delicate Valkyrie who makes his heart beat for the first time in three hundred years. Yet the exquisite Danii is part ice fey, and
Published December 28th 2010 by Pocket Star (first published October 13th 2009)

"They say I’m as fickle as winter, as shy as frost, and as indifferent as a blizzard. It’s rumored my body is pure as driven snow. Nobody imagines that I might be full of fire."

My review is only for Untouchable by Kresley Cole.

The main part of the story covers the events of the Immortals After Dark series from the first novella, The Warlord Wants Forever to the end of the 5th book, Dark Needs at Night’s Edge.

Murdoch and Nikolai (The Warlord Wants Forever) arrive in New Orleans together, and
Sammy Loves Books
This review is for "Untouchable"

3.5 "This Vampire Sucked Ass" Stars

Murdoch Wroth

Murdoch is one of the famous Wroth brothers. They are all Forebearer Vampires, which means they do not drink from human flesh. Murdoch used to be a man whore, never sleeping with the same woman twice. He always made sure his lovers were pleased because positive word of mouth was the best advertisement.

When Murdoch was turned into a vampire 300 years ago, he lost all desire for sex. Not only did his heart stop beatin
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I'm rounding my rating up on this one, because I loved the Kresley Cole story enough on its own for five stars. The Gena Showalter story was a fairly solid four stars.

First of all, lets talk about how awesome "Untouchable" was. I liked Murdoch before I read this story, because the Wroth brother are four times hot! But, I didn't love him as much as Nikolai (swoon), Conrad (thud), and Sebastian (sigh). I'm not fond of womanizers. But somehow, I fell in love with Murdoch. I could see that his fear
Oct 20, 2009 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; fans of vampire romance
This review is for the Kresley Cole story, "Untouchable", only.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record regarding this series...I loved this book! Yes, when it comes to paranormal romances, I have a soft spot in my heart for vampires, so it stands to reason that I would enjoy this story about renowned sexy rake Murdoch Wroth (last of the unattached Wroth vampires) and his 'Bride', the beautiful Daniela the Ice Maiden. I won't get into the plot, since there's a nice synopsis that goes with th
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2 to 4 stars

I liked Deep Kiss of Winter, the 8th book in the Immortal After Dark series, but I didn't love it. (FYI: Deep Kiss of Winter is actually a novella that has been included in an anthology.) There was just too much contention andvacillating emotions between the two main characters, Murdock and Daniela, for me to fully enjoy or connect with their love story. I understand why it was such a difficult road to their happily-ever-after, since they could not physically touch each other thr
A Deep Kiss of Winter combines two stories from paranormal romance writers Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter.

Untouchable - Kresley Cole: 4 stars

This story is like an Immortals After Dark-megamix! Except for the Woede, we see (or hear about) just about everyone in the series! And it was so much fun to catch up.
In Untouchable we witness Murdoch “man-whore” Wroth and Danielle the Ice Maiden (and Valkyrie) fall in love. People who’ve never read a book of the IAD-series might not like the story. The
Jessica Hatfield
This review is for Kresley Cole - Untouchable (Immortals After Dark #8)

photo danii1_zps2a86db64.jpg

This book was good, but it was not as good as the other wroth brother's stories. What can I say I have a thing for the wroth brothers. I enjoyed the story. Enjoyed Murdoch and Daniela. The only reason I took a star away is they both kissed other people and the cheating thing drives me crazy even if it was just a kiss before they were in a committed relationship or they pulled away whatev still don't like it. Other than the k
Penny Watson
Untouchable by Kresley Cole

First of all, I have not read Gena Showalter's story yet. This review is only for Kresley Cole's novella, Untouchable. Second, I am an idiot. I did not realize as I was clicking that fun little button for primetime customers at Amazon that this was a freakin' hardcover. So, I am doubly irked that I did not like this story, and I paid out the wazoo for it.

Okay, I am seriously disappointed. Lots of folks loved this story, and I was all jazzed up. I did not love KC's las
People had issues with the hero in Untouchable, Kresley Cole's entry in this duology. I guess I wasn't as hard on Murdoch because I have SO dated him. (I.E.- at my age, all I ever run into is commitment phobes!) So I totally got Murdoch. Why then would I like him? Because he overcomes his fears, changes, and sticks with her. THAT is the heart of a good love story, imo. I LOVED both Dani and Murdoch and I loved them together. As another person observed- Cole knows how to write winning characters ...more
♥ Sarah ♥
*As of now, this rating is based only on Untouchable because I haven't read Tempt Me Eternally yet.*

Untouchable by Kresley Cole: (5 stars)
(Immortals After Dark, #8)
Solid 5 stars! This has got to be my FAVORITE book in the series so far. I think, mainly because it literally spans from the very first short story that started the Immortals After Dark Series, The Warlord Wants Forever to the very latest in the series at the time (#7). It's so cool to see the stories of Nikoli and Myst, then Sebastia
Nov 17, 2009 Eastofoz rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: IAD fans who follow the series
Shelves: paranormal

**Sigh sigh** both books were a disappointment for me. Showalter’s was a disaster but I wasn’t expecting much from her story to begin with because she’s not an author that seems to work for me even if I had a teeny tiny hope based on the jacket blurb. Her story is more of a 2 star rating while the Cole one barely makes it to a 3 and I was really looking forward to it which is what makes it even worse.

Cole’s story, Untouchable, tells the story of Murdoch Wroth and Daniela the Ice Maiden. Murdoch
Really enjoyed Daniela and Murdoch's story. I didn't think it was as romantic as the other books, but the "loving and the smexing" was great! Loved the Epilogue too.
Mandi Schreiner
Review/Rating for Untouchable by Kresley Cole

Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series has been a hit or miss with me. Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night, Bowen and Mariketa’s story being a big hit, and her last couple especially her latest full length novel, Kiss of a Demon King a big miss. I wasn’t even that excited to read this book, but I am so glad I did. Untouchable has brought my love for Kresley Cole back in a big way.

Murdoch Wroth is a vampire, turned three hundred years ago against his
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
This review is just for Untouchable (#8 Immortals After Dark series) by Kresley Cole in this anthology Deep Kiss of Winter.

(4 Stars)

I really enjoyed this. This is the 8th story in the Immortals After Dark series. It is about Murdoch Wroth, a.k.a "The Manwhore” (this really irks him LOL), one of the Wroth vampire brothers, and Daniela the Ice Maiden, the half Valkyrie, half ice fey. I really felt for Daniela whose Iceren blood means she cannot be touched as it burns her and causes her great pain.
Yz the Whyz
Love Danii and Murdoch's story. A novella that spans the time from Nikolai and Myst storyline up to Conrad and Neomi's book, so it is fun to read tidbits from a different perspective of events that have happened in the previous books. As usual Cole's story is funny and poignant at the same time, as she gives her h/h almost insurmountable obstacles to their path to true love. A great addition to the Immortals After Dark stories.

The second novella is my first introduction to Showalter's Alien Hunt
*** NOTE: This rating is for Kresley Cole's UNTOUCHABLE only! ***

If you're a fan of the Immortal After Dark series, you'll want to read this novella. It's about Murdoch, the remaining unattached Wroth brother, and Daniella, the Ice Queen, and even though it's a short story, its development spans several months and it's interwoven with all the previous books in the series. It was very interesting to revisit previous events from a different point of view while enjoying the complicated development
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Untouchable stars

The story of a woman who couldn't touch anyone without suffering and a man who had "touched" way too many women in his mortal life. Can Daniela, a girl made of Ice, and Murdoch, a man hot as fire, find a way to be together or should they give up?

“When do you give up on someone you love?”

This book is as fun as it is heart-wrenching. At some points I felt so sad for Dani I actually teared up. It must be so frustrating not to be able to touch anyone. Still Dani never gave up an
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
My rating is for Kresley Cole's story only.

I loved this story! I wasn't sure at first, and maybe a little confused to see this story starting from way beginning, but in the end I loved it. Plus, it was a nice recap for the Wroth brothers' lives.

I know Murdoch was supposed to be the womanizer but somehow I never managed to get that vibe from the poor guy! He was considerate and passionate and a bit agressive, but then again, tell me the name of any Wroth bro who isn't. And we like them
Trust Cole to use an impossible relationship set-up, in which the couple can't even touch each other without injury, as the gateway to some very creative sex. Murdoch and Danii have a lot going against them: he's a Vampire, she's half-Valkyrie and thus his sworn enemy; he's a notorious man-ho who's afraid to commit, she's a lonely virgin who desperately wants to be loved. But though a good therapist might solve those problems, nothing can fix the fact that Danii is also half Icere, and so cold t ...more
I'm a fan of Kresley Cole, but Gena Showalter, not so much, so I was pleasantly surprised that I liked both short stories in this book. I had never read an Alien Huntress book or story before, but the one included here was very,very good. THe alpha male put me off a bit in the beginning, but he won me over completely by the end. It was quite some time ago that I read this, but I remember there being a scene in Cole's story involving an icicle that was ,um, really memorable. Funny the parts of th ...more
Ok, confession- I only read the Kresley Cole book in this little bundle. Gena's book will just have to wait until I start that series :)

Deep Kiss of Winter was another book in the Immortals After Dark series, but with a distinctly different vibe. And thats all due to the fact that in this book the alpha male is for the large part uninterested, and our lovely heroine is the one thrilled with her 'mate'. This provided both pros and cons to me.

I felt for Daniela in this book. She was just s
Inés Izal
El más flojo de todos hasta ahora, y casi estoy por decir que me ha aburrido.

Esperaba una historia sorprendente, como todas las que nos tiene acostumbradas Kresley, pero me he encontrado con la horna de mi zapato.

El principal problema, ha sido la repetición de historias. Kresley ha vuelto a contar las cosas que suceden en los 7 libros anteriores, haciendo como un resumen de todo lo que ha pasado en lo que llevamos de serie.Error, Kresley.

Este libro debería haberse centrado en la relación de Murd
Deep Kiss of Winter was the first time I've read authors Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter (though Showalter's Intertwined is sitting in my TBR pile). Deep Kiss of Winter actually contains two books: Untouchable and Tempt Me Eternally.

I found the mythology in Untouchable to be interesting. The story combined lore from the worlds of the fae, vampires, Valkyrie, demons, and more. I learned things about mythical creatures that I hadn't known before, and I thought the story was extremely well-research
Ronda  Tutt
Cold is not sexy. I only read Deep Kiss of Winter, by Kresley Cole. It was okay, but probably my least favorite of the bunch so far. However, it started off beautifully, and ended nicely with all four Wroth brothers and their brides spending Christmas at the newly refurbished castle.

As for writing style, Cole is good, but I just gotta say, the stinger about the phone number (view spoiler) is getting soooo old. Groan. How many books gonna have it?

And "intone" rubs me
My rating only goes to Kresley Cole's story.

OMG, this story was amazing. I absolutely adore it,couldn't put it down for even a single second. I was missing this series terrible, only I hadn't realized it until I got to read another book in this terrific series again.

I loved this story. Both characters were amazing and perfect for each other. The hole time I was going nuts because they could not be together but I got so thrilled once they did.

But what I loved the most is the series as a whole. T
เนือเรืองของ Deep Kiss Of Winter จะยอนกลับไปในชวงเวลาทีนิโคไล รอธตามลาตัวมิสตเดอะโคเวตทีทำการบลัดและทิงเขาไปเปนเวลา 5 ปี

(view spoiler)
Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole: 4/5 stars

I was ashamed that I didn't touch a Kresley book for half a year. I had a book... I simply just could not open it. Daniela's story sounded amazing when I heard the blurb for it. I love people who have an affinity with an element (as you may or may not see in the near distant future with the current book I'm writing), and yet... here I was, avoiding Deep Kiss of Winter.

I think it was due to this intricate situation I had imagined for Daniela and Murd
For a book that's written around the premise of "cold", the sensuality of this book was smok'in hot!

I have strayed from this series and have gotten a bit behind on the reading, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to pick right up where I last left off. The Wroth brothers are some seriously hot vampires, and I love that when they fall in love.....they fall hard!

This book was intriguing to me because it's based on the premise that Murdoch Wroth is blooded by a Valkyrie who is part ice f
Immortals After Dark: Untouchable (Book 8) 9 80 May 20, 2014 07:13PM
Immortals After Dark: Deep Kiss of Winter 30 81 Aug 15, 2013 01:26PM
Gena Showalter Fans: Tempt Me Eternally (Alien Huntress #4.5) 2 52 Jul 23, 2012 01:10PM
  • Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica, #5.7)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)

“And if you don’t think I can hold my own against all those eighteenth-century mortals you were out tagging, then you’re a fool, Casanova.” ... “Oh, yes, I know all about you.”

He went still. “What are you talking about?”

“I was alive back then. And all the Lore heard about the ruthless warlord brothers from Estonia. The general, the scholar, the enigma, and . . . the manwhore.”
“...a woman's voice said, "if you've reached this message and you weren't trying to contact Regin the Radient" -

-"then I know three things about you. One of my half sisters just tooled your ass and never wants to see you again. B. You're pop-culturally illiterate enough not to know this number is a song. And three, you'll never tell another male about this humiliating prank, so the number trick can be continued indefinitely. If however, you called for moi, then say something to amuse me after the beep."

..Just as he was about to unleash his wrath in a message, a computerized voice said, "Mailbox is full.”