Start by marking “Catch a Mate ” as Want to Read:
Catch a Mate

Catch a Mate

How to catch the love of your life…with his pants down

Jillian Greene is always getting caught in the act—it's her job! Working at Catch a Mate, Jillian gets paid by suspicious wives to smile, flirt and prove that no man can be trusted around the opposite sex. But she never gets physical—until a heart-stoppingly gorgeous male walks in….

Marcus Brody has just been hired to te
Published May 1st 2010 by HQN Books (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Catch a Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch a Mate

Corrine
3 1/2 stars

Cute, but a little too chick lit for my tastes in spots. Also it takes place in a laughably short amount of time (three or four days, I believe) and that made it very unbelievable that these two had gone from being adversaries to in love forever.

C+
Floripiquita
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este es el primer libro que leo de esta autora y la verdad es que me ha parecido muy entretenido. Se trata de una comedia romántica muy divertida con dos personajes que al principio se odian pero entre los cuales hay una gran tensión sexual, que cuando se resuelve... WOW. Si a eso le añadimos un buen elenco de secundarios... estamos ante un libro a recomendar, pena que al final se desinfle un poco.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I have read quite a few of GS books, however I have got to say this is my least favourite of all of them. Although it isn't a bad or unenjoyable book, it just isn't very remarkable.

I think my main annoyance with the book is the central couple, i just couldn't see how they could come to a happy ending in such a short space of time, and also the arguing between them is descriped as like thier foreplay which I can totally be on board with, I just didn't think it was particually realistic in this bo
♥ℳelody
This was just blah. I love Gena Showalter, love her writing style but I think her strengthness is in the PR genre. I wanted to take a break from the LOTU series, hadn't read a light-fluff contemporary romance book in a while. Just wanted a light fun easy read. This was definitely easy but it just fell completely flat in all other areas.

The fact that the H/HR fall in love in the span of a few days is just unrealistic to me especially in a contemporary setting. Sorry don't buy it. It was rushed a
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
Holy Bitter Betty! Damn, I thought I was jaded and cynical but I've got nothing on this chick! Jillian our leading lady has some serious man-hating issues. Marcus, the leading man who gets to deal with this little ball of joy has his own issues. He so charmingly puts women into three categories: cock teases, cock lovers, and cock haters. Be still my heart! So yeah these are the two main components that are suppose to come together and create a wonderful love fest. Color me surprised when it didn ...more
Nisha
Jun 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of love/hate steamy romances
When I picked this book, I was judging it mostly by its cover, which I thought looked really nice. By some miracle, the book was actually quite good, despite my shallow book choosing technique. Normally contemporary romance has often been duds for me.

Anyway, the main characters are hilarious and make one of the most sizzling love-hate relationships. Jillian is a very opinionated man-hater, while Marcus is a woman-hater, in the sense that neither trust the opposite sex. Both of them work as 'bai
Desi
Leído el 12/06/2012

ATRAPA A TU PAREJA - GENA SHOWALTER

Jillian Greene siempre es atrapada en el acto -¡es su trabajo! Trabajando en Atrapa a Tu Pareja, a Jillian le pagaban recelosas esposas para sonreír, coquetear y probar que no se puede confiar en el sexo opuesto. ¿Su única regla básica? Nada de sexo. Hasta que un magnífico-electrizante hombre entra en…
Marcus Brody acaba de ser contratado como señuelo para probar la fidelidad femenina. Lo último que Jillian necesita es un socio… especialmente
Océano de libros
Jillian Greene trabaja para una agencia cuyo trabajo es tentar a los maridos de las clientas para saber si son fieles o no. Las cosas se complican cuando entre a trabajar el único hombre hasta el momento, el irritante Marcus Brody que traerá de cabeza a nuestra protagonista.
Primer libro de Gena Showalter que leo que no sea de tipo fantástico o paranormal y debo decir que me ha gustado. No es que tenga nada fuera de lo normal que lo diferencie de otras novelas pero creo que gracias a la forma de
diana marcela Ballestas
No soy muy dada a la comedia, pero realmente distruteeste libro, y me reí hasta que me dolió el estomago con las sitauciones tal locas que pasaron los protagonistas de este romance.

Me gustó mucho la forma en la que se contó la histaria de los personajes desde diferentes puntos de vista y como se cubrieron todos los posibles angulos sin dejar espacios vacios y manteniendo siempre la historia de forma fluida y atrayente al lector.
Kaori
Feb 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book out of pure curiosity. Once I started to read it, I just couldn't put it down. I was laughing so hard that my boyfriend looked at me as if I was out of my mind. I find the plot quite refreshing, giving a twist on the girl-meets-boy plot. I also find curious the characters occupations.

The main characters are engaging with their love you-hate you-kiss me senseless-I'll stab you in your sleep relationship. True that one of the big issues of this book is about their building se
Brenda
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okay, so-plain
I liked that this story shows how hard is to trust someone. I have trust issues. So...
Cheating is a bitch. It's everywhere.
I liked the romance but there was a lot of hate... I actually hated him at some point. I didn't like that.
Whatever, it was okay. (So hot)
Alba M.
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 «Dios Vikingo» Stars ⭐

Ya sabéis a lo que voy: os cuento algo de la historia.

Tenemos a Jillian, una chica que lleva media vida trabajando en "Atrapa a tu pareja" una empresa a la que acuden mujeres que sospechan que sus maridos las engañan. Allí, observan fotos de todas las señuelos (las empleadas de la empresa) y eligen a la que creen que es más el tipo de su marido. El señuelo coqueteará e insinuará al marido infiel para grabar en una cámara las palabras que lo incriminaran como un infiel. As
Tracy
Light, Fun Read With Lots of Snark
If you like your romantic comedy with vicious verbal battles and wicked word wars between the leads, then look no further than Showalter's Catch a Mate. Jillian and Marcus have both been hurt in the past by unfaithful people and they both work in the slightly shady world of disclosure, where they act as bait to lure the spouses and lovers of suspicious wives, husbands, boyfriends, and girlfriends who think their significant other is cheating on them. While their
Missy (Missy's Reads & Reviews)
I'll start by saying that, besides her paranormal Lords of the Underworld series, I've never read any of her other works. If you've read any posts on my blog the past few weeks, you'll know I've mentioned LotU a few times - even in comments on other blogs. Why? I abso-freaking-lutely love the Lords series! I picked up the first one on a whim and haven't looked back since.

But I was always hesitant to read any other type of romance books other than paranormal. I don't really have a problem with ot
Romancing the Book
Review by Jen:
Jillian doesn't trust men. She watched her dad cheat on her mom and then got a job catching cheating husbands and boyfriends. So, when Marcus becomes her partner at work and she can't stop fantasizing about him, she's not sure what to do if she can't trust herself.

I'm having trouble putting my thoughts about this book into words. I found the plot interesting, but I think it's the characters that ruined this book for me. Gena Showalter has a good concept by starting with a company t
Diana~ (Kiss Me Books)
I thought this book was so cute. So cute, adorable and funny at the same time. I love how both of the main characters bicker at one another but end up falling for each other either way. The ending was satisfactory and overall, I thought it was a wonderful read. :)
Sophia
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read so many Gena Showalter books over the years and this was my first just plain contemporary romance from her. I wasn't sure how it would go and was curious particularly when I read the blurb and discovered what it was about. And after closing the book, I felt that it was fun, sad, and heartwarming all wrapped up in one.

Jillian Greene works for a company who has the dirty job of discovering the fidelity of spouses and significant others for ladies who just want to know if they're being
Janet
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i have just finished this book and i have to say it so intresting.I really loved this book because i liked how when they would fight and it would turn on marcus (the hero) and it would also turn on jillian (the heroin) but back to the summary. marcus and jillian hate each other in the beginning and they would always have these fights about who is better female or male? in my opinion females but anyway they both have been scarred in the past by someone they cared for. jillian thinks all men are p ...more
Baylee
Gena Showalter è una delle autrici alle quali ricorro quando ho voglia di farmi qualche sana risata ed è il motivo per cui mi piace così tanto.
Quindi ho iniziato a leggere Audaci fantasie con certe aspettative, che sono state – purtroppo – in gran parte deluse. Credo che questo dipenda da due fattori.

In primis, le battute di spirito. La Showalter ne è maestra, ma qui le ho trovate trite e ritrite e tutte in linea con Gli uomini sono tutti maiali. Alcune sono divertenti (soprattutto quelle che se
Katie(babs)
Nov 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Catch a Mate is such a feel good book that anyone who reads it will have a smile on their face throughout the whole story. This books has it all- comedy, lusting, childhood crushes and excellent sex scenes with well written characters. Gena Showalter has written an incredible lighthearted book that had a laugh a minute.

Jillian works for Catch a Mate which is a service women go to basically catch their mate trying to cheat on them. Jillian loves to work there because she is in essence a true man
Karen Wapinski
My least favourite of all of GS books which is too bad because I usually completely adore them.
I found the main character to be an idiot who's supposed to be a cynic career woman but is instead a weak-willed vapid nymph who thinks with her panties and the hero is supposed to be an alpha businessman with hidden depths who is instead a complete assh*** who acts like a teenager in post prom heat, is begging for workplace harrassment case and has all the depth of a kiddie pool.
I tried to like this b
Jasmin
Catch a Mate by Gena Showalter is HILARIOUS.

For every chapter, there was a really funny quote. The quotes itself made me pause because I just had to laugh out really loud.

This is the first book of Gena Showalter that I tried outside the Lords of the Underworld series, and I can say that this book is pretty entertaining.

Jillian Greene is "bait". She is working for an agency which captures husbands philandering to show the wives, to prove that men cannot be trusted. Jillian has been working hard a
Charity
Jun 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up on a whim at the library. I was looking for something corny to read and I thought this would be a fun one. It turned out that it wasn't what I expected at all. It was quite good. The dialogue was great and the chapter headings were pick up lines and some of those lines were far out there and pretty funny and it made me wonder if people actually tried to use them?? Most likely they did because the author did a lot of research in bars - or so says her bio. Anyway. Books like ...more
Issa
Nov 03, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2015-challenge, dnf
DNF @ Page 90 I thought this would be cute and quirky but it was simply infuriating. Jillian Greene is a man hater. Marcus Brody is a woman hater. Jillian's hate is a little easier to swallow because while she has no respect for men, she responds in kind to Marcus's hate more than pushing her own on him. But it's a thin line. Marcus is jerk. Jillian's boss sells the company Jillian has wanted to buy to Marcus behind her back because, well I guess because Jillian needs a magical male appendage to ...more
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
2 out of 5 stars. Don't let the rating fool you ... it was a really good book ... cute. I mean I loved all of the characters! Main and secondary stories were awesome! However ... the ending ruined it for me .... it felt like Gena tried to wrap everything up to fast. Yet I don't know how it could have been written any better either. Which is sad since I liked it right up until there was about a quarter left in the book. =0(

Read more of this review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2
Aldara  Kamey
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jillian Green se dedica a atrapar hombres mentirosos... Esos que engañan a sus mujeres... Marcus se dedica a atrapar mujeres que mienten a los pocos hombres buenos... Y se enamoran que les puedo decir la historia pasa como en 3 semanas... Pero esas 3 semanas manejan las emociones como si fueran más tiempo bueno al menos para mi... Me gusto como libro de un ratito esos que lees mientras no sabes que leer... Me gusto.
Lindsay
I ended up enjoying this book. The beginning was a little off putting with all the male bashing (not that they don’t deserve it once in a while), but once Marcus and Jillian met and started trading insults everything fell into place nicely.

My only complaint/wish is that Jillian’s brother Brent and Georgia would have gotten their own book. I would have liked to see them with a longer story to their happy ending.
Dhini
This book was far beyond my imagination, which meant much better. It was not only about romance and cheating, but there were also a lesson about gaining someone's trust, about friendship, forgiveness and a family connection. And I thought that the main idea of this book was "loving someone means to love them with their imperfections". This book was good, funny and also sexy. Loved it.
Kat
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡Lo amé!
Ame la idea tan original del libro, y
amé completamente a Marcus.

Pero, mi única pega es el tiempo en el que
'se enamoran' los protagonistas, solo pasan dos
días y es como: 'Dios, la amo es el amor de mi vida.'

Eso me contradijo un poco, pero la trama, los diálogos,
todo eso, lo amé. Y sobre todo los títulos, todos me hacían
reír. Fantástico libro.

4/5
Ella
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Une petite romance très prenante (et très sexy ^^). Des personnages attachants et vraiment drôle.

Bref, le livre qu'il me fallait !
Gena Showalter Fans: Catch a Mate 2 11 Jan 02, 2013 04:58PM

• You Don't Know Jack (Sexy in NYC, #2)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Bewitched Bothered & Bevampyred
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • An Unforgettable Lady
  • Ms. Match (The Wrong Bed #49)
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • Night Whispers
  • And One Last Thing ...
  • All About Evie (Chameleon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2)
  • Mysteria Nights (Mysteria, #1-2)
  • Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)
  • Simon Says Die (Deadly Games, #2)
  • Blow Me Down
  • Wicked Fantasy (Castle of Dark Dreams #3)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
“Yes, men are pigs. Except your brother, of course. He's actually a decent human being. Almost a woman.

-Jillian's mother”
172 likes
“Evelyn: There's nothing wrong with embracing one's emotions.
Brittany: Mom, You don't just embrace your emotions, you make love to them hard-core.”
80 likes